Poll: Would we be 2 and 1 had AJ Green been healthy & playing ?
Can’t know for sure but I say we would be 2 and 1 with AJ
AJ healthy gets us one win only – we would be 1 and 2
Lose to Seattle & Buffalo with AJ – we would still be 0 and 3
Full Homer mode – we beat 49ers also with AJ – 3 and 0 baby
Other options mode - No wins but get a TIE or two with AJ
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would we be 2 and 1 had AJ Green been healthy & playing ?
Lost by 1 to Seattle and by 4 to the Bills. Blown out 41 to 17 by the 49ers.

1.  Can’t know for sure but I say we would be 2 and 1 with AJ

2.  AJ healthy gets us one win only – we would be 1 and 2

3.  Lose to Seattle & Buffalo with AJ – we would still be 0 and 3

4. Full Homer mode – we beat 49ers also with AJ – 3 and 0 baby

5. Other options mode - No wins but get a TIE or two with AJ

Take the Poll which should be up in a few moments...
Reply/Quote
What is more valuable: A moral victory or a hypothetical victory?

Discuss.
Reply/Quote
One point I want to make is that IF AJ Green was playing all year, maybe Ross doesn't get the amount of targets that he did in the Seattle game and doesn't break the long ones he did.

It's all hard to tell. Hypothetically that is.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What is more valuable: A moral victory or a hypothetical victory?

Discuss.

AJ Green is a Star & game changer that Defenses have to make adjustments for. When evaluating Zac, Dalton  & where the Bengals are right now it may be wise to account for AJ's absence.

With that said, AJ does not play Defense but having him available these last 3 games may have changed the outcome of one or two of those games.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 01:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: AJ Green is a Star & game changer that Defenses have to make adjustments for. When evaluating Zac, Dalton  & where the Bengals are right now it may be wise to account for AJ's absence.

With that said, AJ does not play Defense but having him available these last 3 games may have changed the outcome of one or two of those games.

Yep.

We're 31st in Rushing Defense. That stat seems to be an indicator if teams win or lose in the NFL.

The obvious answer is Green makes us better...but Ross pretty much equated to AJ's production against Seattle...so it's hard to say.

I do expect us to score more points when he returns which will lead to more wins.

That said, the defense is probably an equal issue to the offense and Green likely doesn't help the run game much.
Reply/Quote
Would that have stopped Kirkpatrick single handedly giving up a td from a bonehead penalty? Or dalton handing of to the other teams d lineman? Or the defense straight up forgetting they are playing a football game (sf)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 01:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: Lost by 1 to Seattle and by 4 to the Bills. Blown out 41 to 17 by the 49ers.

1.  Can’t know for sure but I say we would be 2 and 1 with AJ

2.  AJ healthy gets us one win only – we would be 1 and 2

3.  Lose to Seattle & Buffalo with AJ – we would still be 0 and 3

4. Full Homer mode – we beat 49ers also with AJ – 3 and 0 baby

5. Other options mode - No wins but get a TIE or two with AJ

Take the Poll which should be up in a few moments...

while we can debate who would have gotten targets if AJ had played (when it comes to john ross's big plays)

No one can deny having AJ on the field would have giving us a better chance to pull out these victories over guys like Tate and Willis
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 02:04 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Would that have stopped Kirkpatrick single handedly giving up a td from a bonehead penalty? Or dalton handing of to the other teams d lineman? Or the defense straight up forgetting they are playing a football game (sf)?

I'd say you are likely a "still 0 and 3" voter.  Tongue

This team has issues, no doubt.

Having a highly paid Star like AJ watching from the sidelines is an issue as well.

Zac's tenure is starting off rough and his resolve to push for needed changes in 2020 & beyond may determine his long term fate.

He may have to use 2019 as a year to evaluate the situation up close & personal. Then we have to hope he has the wisdom & Power to make the right changes going forward.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 02:21 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'd say you are likely a "still 0 and 3" voter.  Tongue

This team has issues, no doubt.

Having a highly paid Star like AJ watching from the sidelines is an issue as well.

Zac's tenure is starting off rough and his resolve to push for needed changes in 2020 & beyond may determine his long term fate.

He may have to use 2019 as a year to evaluate the situation up close & personal. Then we have to hope he has the wisdom & Power to make the right changes going forward.

How about last year? We were 4-1 then Eifert got hurt?

IF Eifert, Dalton, and Green were healthy...are we an 11/12 win team?

I think the key takeaway is that a roster needs built in a manner that 1 injury doesn't decimate it. When Eifert got hurt last year, we tanked.

Or another What IF? What IF Mixon could rush for 100 yards against Seattle and Buffalo? Would we be scoring more points due to not having 3rd and long?
Reply/Quote
hypothetically....who knows? they would have been running a totally different game plan

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote: hypothetically....who knows?  they would have been running a totally different game plan

What if they lost by 4 instead and the optimism of losing by 1 was gone?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 03:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What if they lost by 4 instead and the optimism of losing by 1 was gone?

What if there is a REASON why they pay AJ Green the amount of money they do ?

Maybe he is paid that way because he can make a difference ? Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 03:38 PM)depthchart Wrote: What if there is a REASON why they pay AJ Green the amount of money they do ?

Maybe he is paid that way because he can make a difference ? Mellow

No doubt Green is a great player. But, you can't just see a 1 point loss and be like AJ would have been worth 6 points.

I seriously doubt they throw to Ross as much with Green there.
Reply/Quote
I'd say we would have at least won one.
Reply/Quote
Dalton tends to force the ball to Green too which can result in interceptions too. Lots of variables.
Reply/Quote
Id like to know where we would be if AJ, Cordy and Jonah were all available.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 03:59 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Id like to know where we would be if AJ, Cordy and Jonah were all available.

Yes. Someone needs to turn Injury Mode to OFF.
Reply/Quote
Is it possible to merge this thread with the thread about AJ Green being out being a blessing?
Reply/Quote
Because I’m an admitted AJ fanboy I’ll go ahead and say yes, we probably aren’t winless if he’s playing. Would we have won both our close games with him in there? Hard to say, but one thing AJ does really well is score TD’s, and despite all the yards and the passing game clicking pretty well we haven’t really been doing much of that.

Reply/Quote
Couldn't vote because my option of "Just don't know" wasn't there. Andy is seemingly taking a lot of heat this year because of a bad OL. He may have put AJ in dangerous situations ending his career? It's really hard to tell what would have happened TBH? I see so many bad things that could have happened with AJ in there on one hand, but so many great possibilities had he been in there? One plus with AJ out is AD has been forced to go to other guys, and we see his struggles doing that with mediocre throws, batted down balls, etc. Just hard to tell.

Reply/Quote