Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you
Getting ahead of myself here . But bored so why not ..

If aj mccarron was go win the wild card game and divisional game then lost in the afc championship to whomever..

Would you want aj to be traded away?  Alot of people say andy is our guy and by his stats and numbers I don't disagree.  But I really like what aj brings to the table . He doesnt get rattled and he has that fire and cockiness i think we all wish dalton had. I think he has intangables dalton did not posess at these stages in his career.

All I see on twitter are fans saying to bring hue as their head coach along with ajm

So given the circumstances  would you be ok with trading away aj and if so what would your price Have to be .
Reply/Quote
Nope...
Reply/Quote
I think AJM will be a very good QB in the league. If he continues to play well he'll have significant value but I don't see the Bengals trading him unless Hue gets a job and they get a Palmer like deal - which they won't for a backup.

I've also heard people say would they be interested in trading Dalton if AJM played lights out the rest of they way? That might make sense if the Bengals truly felt AJM could be the long-term guy. But even at that I wouldn't go down that path for one reason: durability. In today's NFL rarely do QB's make it through a season without missing games. Andy Dalton is one of those guys that is just tough as nails. He has a solid build and can take more punishment, or so it at least seems that way from these eyes. Can't underestimate the importance of QB continuity.

It'd be a great problem to have, 2 QB's that many teams would make offers for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:23 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Getting ahead of myself here . But bored so why not ..

If aj mccarron was go win the wild card game and divisional game then lost in the afc championship to whomever..

Would you want aj to be traded away?  Alot of people say andy is our guy and by his stats and numbers I don't disagree.  But I really like what aj brings to the table . He doesnt get rattled and he has that fire and cockiness i think we all wish dalton had. I think he has intangables dalton did not posess at these stages in his career.

All I see on twitter are fans saying to bring hue as their head coach along with ajm

So given the circumstances  would you be ok with trading away aj and if so what would your price Have to be .

as for intangibles.. do you forget about what was said about Dalton in his first yea and what he has done as a starter for 5 years ??   Im not interested in a backup to lead us next year I will stick with our All Pro  type QB we have now and all the intangibles he brings to the team.

Go Red Rifle  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Not yet I wouldn't trade him, going into his contract year yes I would however, in todays NFL you can't keep two stud QBs financially

I dont think the return would be much different going into year three or after year 3 given how hard up the NFL is for quality QBs
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 03:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  as for intangibles.. do you forget about what was said about Dalton in his first yea and what he has done as a starter for 5 years ??   Im not interested in a backup to lead us next year I will stick with our All Pro  type QB we have now and all the intangibles he brings to the team.

Go Red Rifle  ThumbsUp

Yeah, I mean, I think we have seen that fire and cockiness from Andy this season....a big reason for his improvement I believe.

I like what I see from AJ too, to an extent.  He needs to play a complete game, or if that's not on him, the coaches need to unshackle him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Depends. Trade for what? I'd take no less than a third rounder, but no GM in their right mind would pay that much for a guy like McCarron at this point.
Reply/Quote
Well Tebow has fire and cockiness too but that only goes so far.. Andy has the skill set to go with it.. this year all has come together for him at a still young age for a QB by the way.. I like AJ but he is what he is.. we have to life with his limitations and inexperience.. I did not see a scaled down offense on Monday nite at all.. Denver's Defense decided to play like the number 1 Defense they are in 2nd half and we were put in too many 3rd and long conversions and just could not sustain the drives..

I am confident that AJ has the ability to lead this well balanced team in the playoffs especially first round if we end up there
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 04:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Tebow has fire and cockiness too but that only goes so far.. Andy has the skill set to go with it.. this year all has come together for him at a still  young age for a QB by the way.. I like AJ but he is what he is.. we have to life with his limitations and inexperience.. I did not see a scaled down offense on Monday nite at all.. Denver's Defense decided to play like the number 1 Defense they are in 2nd half and we were put in too many 3rd and long conversions and just could not sustain the drives..  

I am confident that AJ has the ability to lead this well balanced team in the playoffs especially first round if we end up there

You may be right....but do you think it was coaches, or SF adjusting to McC in San Fran?  That 2nd half was pretty ugly too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 04:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Depends. Trade for what? I'd take no less than a third rounder, but no GM in their right mind would pay that much for a guy like McCarron at this point.

I said if u would be open to trading him then what would be your price so you answered lol 
Reply/Quote
I would trade AJ away if the price was right.

This thumb injury is the first time that Andy his missed a whole game. He was taken out in the 2nd quarter of his first game and that's basically been it with him and injuries. He's a durable player and who is suddenly clicking for us. He's making great reads, audibles, gets through his progressions quickly, and has turned into that QB that we were waiting for him to become.

So if someone came in and said they'd trade a 2nd and a conditional 3rd (or 4th depending on the conditions), then I'd pull the trigger. Those picks would come in real handy compared the one compensatory pick we'd get if we kept him all 4 years and let him walk.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:23 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Getting ahead of myself here . But bored so why not ..

Nope. As long as he's under contract, i keep him as a backup.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron is going to be here for a long long time.......... Matter of Fact he will be our Starter in the next 3-5 years when Mike Brown opts out of whatever money he can with Andy.......
Reply/Quote

ONLY if it's a great deal would I trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind i said he would go to the afc championship and lose . I would think his value would sky rocket if he played well in those games but I don't know that the bengals would want to get rid of the guy that broke the playoff drought ..
Reply/Quote
Dalton has that 'fire and cockiness'. I mean, what about that is so hard to comprehend?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
If some team is dumb enough to give us a 1st round pick for McCarron, then yes, you let him go and make damn sure you spend the money on a good backup QB.

Just ask Dallas how important a backup QB is these days.
Reply/Quote
In this day and age a decent backup QB is gold. Keep him. He'll develope and be a good bargaining chip.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:20 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Dalton has that 'fire and cockiness'. I mean, what about that is so hard to comprehend?

the part where that haircut translates into big game wins.

appreciate the way he's played this year, but he still has a hell of a lot to prove in terms of primetime / big game situations.  taking that bullshit wedding ring off just for the sake of it giving him slightly better grip would be a start.  but he's shown he has bigger priorities, namely the perception of others on non football related performance issues.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:34 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: the part where that haircut translates into big game wins.

appreciate the way he's played this year, but he still has a hell of a lot to prove in terms of primetime / big game situations.  taking that bullshit wedding ring off just for the sake of it giving him slightly better grip would be a start.  but he's shown he has bigger priorities, namely the perception of others on non football related performance issues.

If he had no big wins.. we would not be in the playoffs 5 years in a row... I also did not know you get extra wins for prime time games over a game at 1 or 4.  If that is the case.. should we not get extra wins for winning on the road, which he has done better than most QBs in history in his first 5 years.  COME ON MAN...  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote