Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you?
Granted, I know this is a sellers market for us right now BUT... would you trade some picks for proven players in the here and now?

With reports of ATL wanting rid of McKinley (spelling? DE that is still on a 1st round rookie contract) and Jets wanting rid of Quentin Williams (former top 5 pick that still has 5th round option available to be used), would you be willing to trade mid to late round picks if those team would accept?

What's the highest you would trade? Any other players (and realistic with reports that they are being traded) would you consider trading for and for what? Do trades like this even help for the long run for us since they are so young and potentially cheaper options long run as well? (These names I used I chose based on pre-draft reports. No idea how they've performed since drafted)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:23 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Granted, I know this is a sellers market for us right now BUT... would you trade some picks for proven players in the here and now?

With reports of ATL wanting rid of McKinley (spelling? DE that is still on a 1st round rookie contract) and Jets wanting rid of Quentin Williams (former top 5 pick that still has 5th round option available to be used), would you be willing to trade mid to late round picks if those team would accept?

What's the highest you would trade? Any other players (and realistic with reports that they are being traded) would you consider trading for and for what? Do trades like this even help for the long run for us since they are so young and potentially cheaper options long run as well? (These names I used I chose based on pre-draft reports. No idea how they've performed since drafted)

Need to improve the pass rush, yeah I would trade some picks for a pass rusher and even a proven DT.

Just got an extra 7th round pick in the Dunlap trade. I don't really know how those 2 players you mention have performed in the 
NFL either.  Haven't watched the Falcons or Jets this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:23 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Granted, I know this is a sellers market for us right now BUT... would you trade some picks for proven players in the here and now?

McKinley - No

Williams - Yes, although Gas has stated he is not going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 08:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: McKinley - No

Williams - Yes, although Gas has stated he is not going anywhere.

Thats unfortunate for Williams. Would really be willing to give a decent pick to shore up the interior line, especially with the cap space we will have soon. Hoped Gase/NYJ ownership would firesale for their rebuild. Any other potential players on the market you'd consider trading for, even if it was for the 7th we just got?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 08:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to improve the pass rush, yeah I would trade some picks for a pass rusher and even a proven DT.

Just got an extra 7th round pick in the Dunlap trade. I don't really know how those 2 players you mention have performed in the 
NFL either.  Haven't watched the Falcons or Jets this year.
Any players outside of Cincy you've seen Nate that would be a good fit in your eyes?
Reply/Quote
Yep. Out of all years. This is the year I don't want a bunch of draft picks. I would have no problem if we traded our early valuable picks for current players that would be around next year.

I don't think the trade deadline is the end of this. I don't expect it to happen before then. But During or before the draft trading some draft capital for a proven player is ideal this year imo.
Reply/Quote
Fair question. I definitely wouldn't trade for McKinley. First, he'd be redundant with Lawson, and second, he's has consistent shoulder problems that have presented any form of on-field consistently.

But yes, I would trade for Quinnen (not Quentin) Williams, absolutely. Differing rumors on what he'd cost though. Rumor has it Jets were getting offers of a 3, but were holding out for well more, like multiple second rounders. Those are just rumors though. I wouldn't give up our second round pick for him, unless they gave back one of their two third round picks, we throw in Billy Price (Pollak connection) and maybe a 2022 pick.

But I was seeing him as a replacement for Geno Atkins, and i'm starting to believe the rumors that Geno isn't going anywhere, maybe not even next year.
Reply/Quote
Some guys that I would like us to look at before the trade deadline who could help us down the line:

1) Chris Herndon-Jets.(7th rd) I think he would be a nice #2 behind Sample next year letting us cut Uzomeh. saves 6 million.

2) Avery Williamson-Jets.(6th rd) replaces Bynes or Evans in 2021, allowing us to ignore LB in draft

3) Jarrad Davis- Lions (5th rd) same as above.

-I would like to see us use Sample more, and while I like Uzomeh, he's not worth 6million, that $$ needs to be spent upgrading both d-line and o-lines.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2020, 04:28 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Some guys that I would like us to look at before the trade deadline who could help us down the line:

1) Chris Herndon-Jets.(7th rd) I think he would be a nice #2 behind Sample next year letting us cut Uzomeh. saves 6 million.

2) Avery Williamson-Jets.(6th rd) replaces Bynes or Evans in 2021, allowing us to ignore LB in draft

3) Jarrad Davis- Lions (5th rd) same as above.

-I would like to see us use Sample more, and while I like Uzomeh, he's not worth 6million, that $$ needs to be spent upgrading both d-line and o-lines.

I like Davis , hes got an edge to him which is what this D desperately is lacking
Reply/Quote

given our draft record for OL in the 1st round (Lately)  i definitely consider trading for proven goods.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: given our draft record for OL in the 1st round (Lately)  i definitely consider trading for proven goods.

Absolutely not!

That is the exact reason I would not trade the pick.

You have better luck with Joe Burrow than a few picks down the line.
We will have much better success with Peneii Sewell than drafting 2 lineman later in the 1st,  2nd or 3rd round.

Take the gimme as long as it is not a RB.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 08:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Absolutely not!

We will have much better success with Peneii Sewell than drafting 2 lineman later in the 1st,  2nd or 3rd round.

nothing in the draft is a gimmie generally..    even 1st overall QBs dont always pan out
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 08:03 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Absolutely not!

Xeno wasn't talking about trading back, he's talking about trading 1st round pick for an actual player in the NFL.
The expectation is that player would already be a proven stud to give up the 3rd overall pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Xeno wasn't talking about trading back, he's talking about trading 1st round pick for an actual player in the NFL.
The expectation is that player would already be a proven stud to give up the 3rd overall pick.

Correct.   Proven things are hard to find  Every year there are "stud" OT in the draft and most of them dont pan out.
Reply/Quote