Poll: Are you happy that the 2020 season happened?
Heck yes!
No, too many bad things happened!
Would have been fine either way.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you happy the 2020 season happened?
With COVID happening, there was speculation that the season could be canceled.
Instead, it looks like the full season will be played, but it's gone absolutely terrible for the Bengals.
A plethora of injuries including the Bengals' new 1st overall pick Joe Burrow.
Team has just half a win more than last season, might not get another win the rest of the season.
A year taken off contracts because the season happened.

On the flip side, we got to see NFL football, players (specifically Burrow) got some important game experience, and we may have gotten certainty as to whether Taylor's crew was worth keeping around another year or not.

So I ask you - Are you happy that the Bengals played in 2020 or not?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They won 2 games and Burrow suffered a significant injury.

I'm thankful Burrow got the experience he did, but if given the choice between the two, knowing the outcome, I'd have rather the season been cancelled.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The season was rushed and seemed like a lot of players got hurt because of hit. Would have rather have had an extra month of preparation to start the season didn't quite get the rush to start the season the way the NFL did.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 07:09 PM)J24 Wrote: The season was rushed and seemed like a lot of players got hurt because of hit. Would have rather have had an extra month of preparation to start the season didn't quite get the rush to start the season the way the NFL did.

You know, I should have included options for a delayed and/or shortened season. I didn't really think about that when I made the poll.
But you're right, it felt rushed and may have resulted in some injuries that may not have happened if they had a normal offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 07:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, I should have included options for a delayed and/or shortened season. I didn't really think about that when I made the poll.
But you're right, it felt rushed and may have resulted in some injuries that may not have happened if they had a normal offseason.

That's maybe true.  For this current org with the coaches and trainers we have, I'm not really convinced a delay would have helped us at all.  I feel like it actually might have been worse to give other teams even more time.  And if this year didn't happen, I think we would have just delayed what we saw this year until next year.  

So from my perspective, I don't know how much difference it would have made.  Didn't love this year at all, but pushing the start of the season or the whole season I just wouldn't expect would have been a different story. 
Reply/Quote
Only if it gets Taylor and his lowly crew out the door.

Also highlighting the need to move on from overpaid vets and revamping the horrid O-line.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Burrow injury is the absolute worst case scenario for the season, so pretty awful there. Otherwise, I think Zac and crew were exposed badly. This may allow them to get things right this offseason and find a coach to lead them back to respectability or at least marginal relevance.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 07:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, I should have included options for a delayed and/or shortened season. I didn't really think about that when I made the poll.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't start in October.There really was no rush to start the season on time considering no team shares a stadium anymore. Along with the fact that February is sweeps month and the TV stations would have loved to have the playoffs on during that time. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote