Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be an eligible immigrant under the RAISE act?
35. Wife was a 30.

It's irrelevant for USC to judge whether they would make the cut. We are here and the point of the raise act is to increase the quality of immigrants. I would not make the cut for Australia. The point is not to put current citizens to the test.

Adding quality immigrants means we can focus on our current citizens who need the help.
The raise act is wonderful and is exactly the type of immigration reform we have needed for decades.
(08-10-2017, 03:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 35.  Wife was a 30.  

It's irrelevant for USC to judge whether they would make the cut.  We are here and the point of the raise act  is to increase the quality of immigrants.   I would not make the cut for Australia.    The point is not to put current citizens to the test.  

Adding quality immigrants means we can focus on our current citizens who need the help.

Why insist immigrants be of a "higher" quality (as defined in the test)?  Why couldn't they be just the same quality as us?

Perhaps other countries should be keeping the "lower" quality US Citizens out!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-10-2017, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why insist immigrants be of a "higher" quality (as defined in the test)?  Why couldn't they be just the same quality as us?

Perhaps other countries should be keeping the "lower" quality US Citizens out!   Smirk

Australia already does.

We insist on higher quality because we want the best joining us. This also pushes average immigrants to raise their level to get into the United States.
(08-10-2017, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why insist immigrants be of a "higher" quality (as defined in the test)?  Why couldn't they be just the same quality as us?

Most people would want the country to IMPROVE. Not stay the same (at best) or get worse.
(08-10-2017, 04:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Most people would want the country to IMPROVE. Not stay the same (at best) or get worse.

Stop talking crazy..... lol
(08-10-2017, 04:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Most people would want the country to IMPROVE. Not stay the same (at best) or get worse.

I get that, but when even current citizens couldn't pass the test is that bar set too high?

I mean look at the current POTUS.  Did people vote for the person who would improve the office?   Ninja
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-10-2017, 04:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I get that, but when even current citizens couldn't pass the test is that bar set too high?

I mean look at the current POTUS.  Did people vote for the person who would improve the office?   Ninja

No. We want immigrants to be better. we don't need competition for low end citizens.
(08-10-2017, 04:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: I get that, but when even current citizens couldn't pass the test is that bar set too high?

Possibly. Or maybe the government has failed the citizenry.
I asked the same question earlier in this thread. Glad you can keep up.  ThumbsUp

To first bolded;  Because we already have enough dead weight in this Nation, that depend on tax dollars of the American worker.

To second;  Absolutely, all Nations should seek to improve the quality of their population, rather than becoming burdened with other Nations' dependents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23