Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you bring Andre Smith back?
No. He can stay on someone elses injured list.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Eifert is falling into a similar boat to Jones with the Bengals. I like Eifert and when he plays he's really good...but he misses A LOT of games. Probably too many to justify paying a large contract to.

I'm starting to doubt anyone will offer big money to a guy that's missed like 29 games in 4 seasons. We'll probably be able to keep him a much more reasonable rate than if he were more dependable.

(01-06-2017, 04:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't think they overpaid that was market value for him and he was the hottest fa wide receive. remember hes on a whole new team I think next year he breaks the 1000 yard make before postseason. hell break it this year with the playoffs.

Hindsight buddy. They overpaid in hindsight and I don't think there's much debating that. He had like 912 yards and 4 TDs. Essentially the same numbers he had here as a #2 WR and the Lions paid him to be much more than that. The much cheaper Anquan Boldin had at least arguably a better season for them. Houshmandzadeh was labeled a FA bust in Seattle and he had a better season in a tougher era for passing.

It is what it is. Jones disappeared way too much and wasn't worthy of $9 million. Heck...LaFell was better tbh, and he wasn't a #1 for most of the season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No to bringing back Andre Smith. As many have already mentioned, he misses too many games, and my memory recalls his lack of consistency when he was on the field. Another reason is I've yet to say Fisher won't work out okay at RT. Still a question to be answered though.

Which leads to another question that I feel like I should know the answer, but just don't. What about Westerman and Hopkins, regarding potentially replacing Zeitler? Could either of these two be coached up to starter level if given the opportunity? I know TJ Johnson filled in for Boling, but center and tackle seem to be the better fit, if not just for backing up when needed.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 02:32 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: No to bringing back Andre Smith. As many have already mentioned, he misses too many games, and my memory recalls his lack of consistency when he was on the field. Another reason is I've yet to say Fisher won't work out okay at RT. Still a question to be answered though.

Which leads to another question that I feel like I should know the answer, but just don't. What about Westerman and Hopkins, regarding potentially replacing Zeitler? Could either of these two be coached up to starter level if given the opportunity? I know TJ Johnson filled in for Boling, but center and tackle seem to be the better fit, if not just for backing up when needed.

I really loved the Westerman pick, he was good at both pass and run blocking in college and he is physical.

Played very good in the Preseason too. We just need a decent O-line coach to coach him up.

There is a reason we never dressed him this year, our coaches don't trust rookies much and even if there is a
weakness it takes something drastic for the coaches to give even the most talented rookies a look.
Reply/Quote