Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you do a 4th and 6th to swap 1st round picks with Buffalo
I keep seeing mocks were Denver takes the player we want at 10, leaving us reaching at 11. Either Devin White or Ed Oliver remain at 10 and then are taken by Denver, leaving us reaching for Devin Bush or maybe taking an EDGE rusher which we don't really need. So would you consider spending a 4th and one of our plentiful 6ths to jump ahead of Denver and exchange spots with Buffalo (the points work out per standard draft value charts I've seen)? We end up with either Bush or Oliver (whichever one is left at that point), Buffalo still gets good value in taking an EDGE defensive end as well as getting a couple additional picks overall to help with their team that has many needs.

I'm not married to the idea but I wanted to see what people here thought. I won't feel bad if everyone says it is a bad idea.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess it depends how close the Bengals have the player graded to the next guy. Last year they had Frank Ragnow and Billy Price graded really close so it made sense to not move up. But if the grade difference is much larger and it's a position Denver needs, I really hope they do it. The team has had success the last 2 years of trading back in the 2nd if they're concerned about losing the 4th.
Reply/Quote
If Oliver is their at 7 Jacksonville spot I would trade a 3rd and a sixth to move up. I just think if you have a chance that get an elite 3t then you do it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I've said it elsewhere, but here's what I'm thinking:

Step 1 - convince the rest of the league you might take a QB
Step 2 - let a QB thirsty team (Washington? Miami?) get nervous and jump up ahead of you
Step 3 - reap the benefit of having a top ten player you might not have gotten otherwise fall into your lap
Reply/Quote
Bengals already said they would not be in favor of trading up in 1st round if it required trading away "premium" draft picks. They have had pretty decent success with 4th rounders, so they might consider 4th round a premium pick. I'd bet they'll be more willing to trade 1 or more of their late-rounders to move up in Rds 3-4 if at all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I've said it elsewhere, but here's what I'm thinking:

Step 2 - let a QB thirsty team (Washington? Miami?) get nervous and jump up ahead of you
Step 3 - reap the benefit of having a top ten player you might not have gotten otherwise fall into your lap

^^^

Love it
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:15 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I've said it elsewhere, but here's what I'm thinking:

This works too. Heck I wonder if you could play the same game with WR. I know Metcalf has issues, but if there are teams after us who want him and who are convinced we might take him that might get them to move up. I say this because I think that + Murray and Haskins going before us would get us where we need to be.

Reply/Quote

First you have to convince the rest of the league you might take a QB
Then you have to convince the QB thirsty teams that the QBs available are actually worth trading four. 

In this draft the closest thing there is to a desirable QB is Murray.  The rest of them to not appear worthy of trading up for.
Reply/Quote

I'm fairly certain that's what they're doing this year. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 02:54 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I keep seeing mocks were Denver takes the player we want at 10, leaving us reaching at 11. Either Devin White or Ed Oliver remain at 10 and then are taken by Denver, leaving us reaching for Devin Bush or maybe taking an EDGE rusher which we don't really need. So would you consider spending a 4th and one of our plentiful 6ths to jump ahead of Denver and exchange spots with Buffalo (the points work out per standard draft value charts I've seen)? We end up with either Bush or Oliver (whichever one is left at that point), Buffalo still gets good value in taking an EDGE defensive end as well as getting a couple additional picks overall to help with their team that has many needs.

I'm not married to the idea but I wanted to see what people here thought. I won't feel bad if everyone says it is a bad idea.

all day long,.we need to get the guy we want.We have six 6 rounders,that is garbage time and most of those do not make a team.We need the top guy of need for us in round one. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 03:44 PM)3wt Wrote: First you have to convince the rest of the league you might take a QB
Then you have to convince the QB thirsty teams that the QBs available are actually worth trading four. 

In this draft the closest thing there is to a desirable QB is Murray.  The rest of them to not appear worthy of trading up for.

True, but there did appear to be some real sentiment around the league that we were looking that way. A lot of mock drafts on some pretty major sites had us taking a QB.

Someone will bite on Haskins, I'd bet.
Reply/Quote