Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Would you do this deal?
(04-05-2017, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually, I was looking at it because I made the point of the money owed to him + age + 1st round pick + only 2 years left... and realized that any team that would trade for him would get him for 2yr/$22.431m. His cap hits are higher, but $4.4m of it over those 2 years is his signing bonus, which is still Seattle's problem, I believe.

So it's really not bad money at all, but my other concerns/reasons still stand.

we have this kid called WJIII just waiting to play
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Would you trade a first for Sherman? if we could get back a mid first for Mccaron? We could release Adam Jones. I know Bengals wouldn't but I personally would provide a good influence on Dre and Burfict etc...

If you think Dre held a lot and got too many penalties in the past...

Sherman holds all game every game. He would only hurt the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I'll trade for wagner
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 02:49 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I'll trade for wagner

Yeah, or Earl Thomas.
Reply/Quote
They want a player and a 1st apparently
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 02:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Would you trade a first for Sherman? if we could get back a mid first for Mccaron? We could release Adam Jones. I know Bengals wouldn't but I personally would provide a good influence on Dre and Burfict etc...

No. Sherman will only want more money and we know just how those types of negotiations go with the Bengals. I can only see it ending badly and we'd lose out on a young impact player in this year's draft.

Let's face it no matter what Mike Brown says the Bengals aren't going to retain the bulk of their young talent and this means we need good to excellent drafts year in and year out, and when we go a few years where the players drafted don't pan out we get 6-9-1 seasons.

For any chance at all of this team reaching the post season in 2017 the front office needs to hit a grand slam in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 05:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Let's face it no matter what Mike Brown says the Bengals aren't going to retain the bulk of their young talent.

This statement is false. Zeitler is recent in your mind but we have done really well recently of retaining our young guys into a second contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: This statement is false. Zeitler is recent in your mind but we have done really well recently of retaining our young guys into a second contract.

I think Zeitler is in your mind. I'm thinking of the list who weren't retained just in the last two years. It's has a lot more than one player on it. And no, I'm not counting draft busts like Hunt.

If you count veterans who weren't retained in favor of inferior younger players, then list of departing talent grows even bigger.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 05:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I think Zeitler is in your mind. I'm thinking of the list who weren't retained just in the last two years. It's has a lot more than one player on it. And no, I'm not counting draft busts like Hunt.

If you count veterans who weren't retained in favor of inferior younger players, then list of departing talent grows even bigger.

Cant include ageing vets at or past the year most at their postion have already broken down
Like Nelson and Whit

But its just literally not possible to retain everyone you want and still be in a good position to grow.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2017, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant include ageing vets at or past the year most at their postion have already broken down
Like Nelson and Whit

But its just literally not possible to retain everyone you want and still be in a good position to grow.

Whit is and was a hard one mostly because Ogbuehi turned out such a bad season last year.

But Nelson or Williams? Nelson has more talent and is the better player and the contract difference was minor compared with the difference in talent.

Have to look at Marvin Jones, Sanu, Burkhead and Zeitler. In 2018 we have Hill, Thompson, Burfict, McCarron, Dennard, Minter, Eifert, plus some more coming up in free agency. Of those Hill, Eifert, Burfict and Minter are starters and we could see Dennard as basically the starting nickle back in 2017.

We can't sign them all and I do know that.

But our drafts have to replace these players not just in position, but in talent, and that's where this team has broken down over the last few years. Hunt never could come close to cracking the starting lineup. Ogbuehi shouldn't be starting but he will anyways, at least until he fails for half a year again.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 06:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe if I had the 30th or 32nd overall pick, and hadn't just thrown money at Kirkpatrick and spent first round picks on Dennard and Will Jack.

(04-05-2017, 08:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So it's really not bad money at all, but my other concerns/reasons still stand.

(04-06-2017, 10:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we have this kid called WJIII just waiting to play

Yup, said that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pass on Sherman. I hate his character. I think he is a product of the system, too expensive and coming up with age. I could see him asking for more for playing in Cincinnati.

Pass.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Sherman's washed up and he's always running his mouth.  Not a good influence.  And not worth a #1 anymore.
Reply/Quote
I don't care about his attitude. That part's ok by me, but at 29 and slowing down for his asking price? no.
If he was just cut and out on the street it might be another story, but it isn't the case and we still have a bunch of more than capable corners still in development. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Sherman is a great player, but I also feel like he got away with a lot of grabbing that simply wouldn't fly with the Bengals.  That is called a penalty here.  The only trade I want is AJM for the first pick in Rd 2.  Nothing else would be acceptable (unless someone gave a first rounder).  
Reply/Quote

NO....That's the same as using our pick 9 on a CB.....and I don't want another TE or CB this year at pick 9.....There are other positions in football beside TE and CB.......I want the LSU RB.....If he is gone, I want the Bama LB Foster.....If both are gone then a top D Lineman has fallen to 9 for us to grab.....and it's that simple to me and no rocket science to it. .....Mike Brown would also have to pay Sherman. The Pick 9 rookie would be cheaper ever since the NFL and Players Union agreed on cutting back on the rising pay of draft picks. My word, we drafted Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson all as first round picks. Are we to spend another first round pick trading for Sherman. I say NO, plus Mike Brown isn't going to pay him. I'm not even sure there is enough veteran cap money now. ...The RB, The LB or a D Lineman at Pick 9 and we should get a guy to be a Pro Bowl Bengal for years to come. Plus they still have Pacman. I don't know why, but they do. We could use the RB, The LB or the top pick DT or DE drafting in the Top 10.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 05:00 PM)kevin Wrote: NO....That's the same as using our pick 9 on a CB.....and I don't want another TE or CB this year at pick 9.....There are other positions in football beside TE and CB.......I want the LSU RB.....If he is gone, I want the Bama LB Foster.....If both are gone then a top D Lineman has fallen to 9 for us to grab.....and it's that simple to me and no rocket science to it. 

Why do you like Foster so much Kevin? He isn't a pass rusher, he isn't the best in coverage, he lowers his head when tackling...

He was on the most talented Defense in college so he wasn't tested near as much with all of that talent around him...

I like both Hassan Reddick and Zach Cunningham better than Foster. Reddick is a great pass rusher with great athleticism that
can cover TE's and tackle. Cunningham can cover TE's. Foster sometimes watches the QB too much and gets lost in coverage
and only weighed 229 pounds at the combine, that is a small Linebacker man.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 05:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why do you like Foster so much Kevin? He isn't a pass rusher, he isn't the best in coverage, he lowers his head when tackling...

He was on the most talented Defense in college so he wasn't tested near as much with all of that talent around him...

I like both Hassan Reddick and Zach Cunningham better than Foster. Reddick is a great pass rusher with great athleticism that
can cover TE's and tackle. Cunningham can cover TE's. Foster sometimes watches the QB too much and gets lost in coverage
and only weighed 229 pounds at the combine, that is a small Linebacker man.

I could see Reddick because he is maybe the fastest LB in the draft and you can't teach speed.  Foster has been considered one of the best players in high school in USA and one of best players in college in USA.  He is considered the hardest hitter on defense in the draft and not just LB, the hardest hitter in the draft.  Burfict hits pretty hard also. Burfict and Foster could flat out clobber people.  If it's Reddick, fine.  WE need a LB.  We have not drafted a top LB in a long time and it shows.  We keep putting a bandaid on with over the hill guys like Harrison, Hawk, Dansby.   If the LSU RB is not there, it's high time we grab a top LB.   Many mock drafts have us drafting Foster, but Reddick at least is a LB.   I do not want us taking another TE or CB. That's all we draft anymore and the rest of the team is suffering from it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 05:22 PM)kevin Wrote: I could see Reddick because he is maybe the fastest LB in the draft and you can't teach speed.  Foster has been considered one of the best players in high school in USA and one of best players in college in USA.  He is considered the hardest hitter on defense in the draft and not just LB, the hardest hitter in the draft.  Burfict hits pretty hard also. Burfict and Foster could flat out clobber people.  If it's Reddick, fine.  WE need a LB.  We have not drafted a top LB in a long time and it shows.  We keep putting a bandaid on with over the hill guys like Harrison, Hawk, Dansby.   If the LSU RB is not there, it's high time we grab a top LB.   Many mock drafts have us drafting Foster, but Reddick at least is a LB.   I do not want us taking another TE or CB. That's all we draft anymore and the rest of the team is suffering from it. 

Some good points here. Don't get me wrong, i would not be mad if we picked Foster at 9 but there are concerns
with him. Sure, he hits hard but he could also get flagged a lot here. Maybe Burfict could help him with keeping his
head up as that was Burfict's problem too for awhile.

Reddick is really flying up my board and i like him better than Foster now at 9.

We need pass rushers, a Center and a RB this draft. Minter only signing a one year deal should make no impact on
us drafting a LB, i would be fine with Reddick or Foster at 9.

I don't even think we need to draft a CB, we are stacked there. But in this deep draft for TE's i hope we get one of
them, Michael Roberts out of Toledo in the 4th would be great.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some good points here. Don't get me wrong, i would not be mad if we picked Foster at 9 but there are concerns
with him. Sure, he hits hard but he could also get flagged a lot here. Maybe Burfict could help him with keeping his
head up as that was Burfict's problem too for awhile.

Reddick is really flying up my board and i like him better than Foster now at 9.

We need pass rushers, a Center and a RB this draft. Minter only signing a one year deal should make no impact on
us drafting a LB, i would be fine with Reddick or Foster at 9.

I don't even think we need to draft a CB, we are stacked there. But in this deep draft for TE's i hope we get one of
them, Michael Roberts out of Toledo in the 4th would be great.
Plus Minter is ONE and losing Maualuga and Dansby is TWO....Even I can count that high.....Plus we have not drafted a LB in round one in a long time.  I really want the LSU RB, but most mock drafts have him gone before 9.  Lets get a LB.  Harrison, and Hawk and Dansby were like putting retreads on a car. It's time for new tires.  Minter is still young as is Burfict and a top pick LB and now we aren't trying to ride on bald tires. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote