Poll: Would you draft Elliott if he falls to the 24th pick?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you draft Zeke @24?
No way! Dude is going to be an NFL bust just watch.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 12:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Three rules to follow on Draft Day.

1. Always....Always......ALWAYS draft an OL within the first three rounds.

2. The only thing dumber than drafting an RB in the first round is drafting a kicker in the first round.

3. Combine current and to an extent future needs with BPA.   

Zeke is first round talent all day.  The Bengals shouldn't take him but there are still r S worth a first especially middle to late.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
No. I like him. But no. We still have one of the best one-two punches in the NFL and they're both very young.

Just because he's an Ohio State player does not mean he should be a Bengal.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 01:22 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: No. I like him. But no. We still have one of the best one-two punches in the NFL and they're both very young.

Just because he's an Ohio State player does not mean he should be a Bengal.

Has nothing to do with him being an Ohio state player, has to do with him being a complete back and a great value at pick 24 vs the RB position not being a huge need for this team. Also I think it's a little ridiculous to say we have one of the best 1-2 punches when it was really just a 1 punch all last season. Let's be honest, Hill has about half a season of good play in 2 years in the league. 

Also he will not be a bust in the NFL as someone said, no doubt in my mind he'll be a stud and better than Hill. Not to sound like I hate hill or anything, just that Zeke would be a noticeable upgrade.  

That said i wouldn't take him either unless all of the top LB's, DT's, and WR's were gobbled up before our pick. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 01:50 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Has nothing to do with him being an Ohio state player, has to do with him being a complete back and a great value at pick 24 vs the RB position not being a huge need for this team. Also I think it's a little ridiculous to say we have one of the best 1-2 punches when it was really just a 1 punch all last season. Let's be honest, Hill has about half a season of good play in 2 years in the league. 

Also he will not be a bust in the NFL as someone said, no doubt in my mind he'll be a stud and better than Hill. Not to sound like I hate hill or anything, just that Zeke would be a noticeable upgrade.  

That said i wouldn't take him either unless all of the top LB's, DT's, and WR's were gobbled up before our pick. 

A ton of people on these boards over-value Ohio State players. It just comes with nature since many of these members are huge Ohio State fans, so they want to see those players flourish in their favorite professional team.

Nope, disagree. It was still a very good 1-2 punch in both the passing and running game. While Hill had an underwhelming season, he still tied for 1st overall with rushing TDs. He also tied for most rushing TDs within the 10 yard line.
Hill and Gio combined for over 1,500 rushing yards. Gio had over 1,200 rushing and receiving yards. Hill had over 800 rushing and receiving yards.
That's 2,000 total yards from both players with 14 TDs.

I also disagree that Zeke will be a bust. I think he will be a fine rusher in the league. But like you said, we have much more pressing needs. Hill is 23 and Gio is 24. We have two young guys we spent high draft picks on. We have other places to look.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Complete back? He's a horrible pass catching RB. The fact he played in a spread style offense built on deception does not bode well for him either. He has great size and speed I just don't think his game can translate to the pros.
Reply/Quote
No way should a RB be taken in first round by Bengals this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Id take him just because I'm a Buckeye homer, but probably the logical choice would be trade down because you know a team like Denver would want him. We could probably get their 2nd round and 5th round picks.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote