Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you make the trade?
(12-29-2019, 11:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: No.  No trade.  I would take Burrow regardless.  His numbers are off the charts...over 75 percent completion rate and it's not from short passes.  

How often do you get to pick 1st AND have a franchise qb like that available...

Precisely. Burrow is too good to pass up, this guy is like you said a Franchise type QB and they don't come around often.

Shit, there has never been a QB that had nearly an 80% completion rate ever come around before.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 05:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Precisely. Burrow is too good to pass up, this guy is like you said a Franchise type QB and they don't come around often.

Shit, there has never been a QB that had nearly an 80% completion rate ever come around before.

Well technically he's less than a percentage point ahead of Colt McCoy's 2008 season (77.6 v. 76.7), and the young pony hasn't exactly lit the NFL on fire despite having a higher career completion percentage (70.3 v. 69.1) ... But I see your point -- Burrow is considered to be as close to a sure-thing as you can get at the most important position, and you're not getting anything close to that at 5 (or 18, or 27, or 39).  

I'd probably stay put and take Burrow, which seems like the safest route.  The only way I'd do this trade is if I were convinced that Burrow isn't the answer, preferred another QB like Tua, Herbert or Eason, or decided to tank next year for Lawrence or Fields (although that didn't work too well for the Fins this year ...).  Even then I'd need the 5 plus two other picks, 'cause you ain't getting Young at 5.  So instead of getting QB (Burrow) + OL/LB/WR/CB in the first two rounds, you could fill 4/5 positions.  Something like Thomas, Ruggs, Diggs, and Murray wouldn't be a bad haul, particularly when paired with Lawrence next year.  
Reply/Quote
McCoy's stats were padded by a lot of short passes and smoke screens. He also had the benefit of playing in one of the worst defensive conferences in the land.
Reply/Quote