Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you make the trade?
The only way I trade away burrow is if a team would trade there entire draft for him. Otherwise my franchise qb is pick 1 and starts week one
Reply/Quote
Let's see how Burrows does against an excellent Clemson defense- if he is half as good as he was against Oklahoma I don't see how you can pass.

But- if they take Burrow, they need to significantly upgrade the o line and get a head coach or OC with a track record for developing QBs. This project cannot be trusted solely to Taylor.

What is the point of drafting Burrows unless you also take all the steps needed to make him successful?

I really wish they would hire McCarthy and let him bring his own staff, additional scouts and final say on draft picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 04:01 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Let's see how Burrows does against an excellent Clemson defense- if he is half as good as he was against Oklahoma I don't see how you can pass.

But- if they take Burrow, they need to significantly upgrade the o line and get a head coach or OC with a track record for developing QBs. This project cannot be trusted solely to Taylor.

What is the point of drafting Burrows unless you also take all the steps needed to make him successful?

I really wish they would hire McCarthy and let him bring his own staff, additional scouts and final say on draft picks.

I have never seen so many people get such an easy name wrong...

Reply/Quote
Guy has been throwing against elite college defenses all year, but let's set all of that aside and see how he does against THIS particular defense, then I'll know for sure 100% gosh golly dang this guy is the realest deal a deal can git!!

I bet people still want injury riddled Tua first over all.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Guy has been throwing against elite college defenses all year, but let's set all of that aside and see how he does against THIS particular defense, then I'll know for sure 100% gosh golly dang this guy is the realest deal a deal can git!!

I bet people still want injury riddled Tua first over all.

Some people just live to go against the grain lol

Reply/Quote
If we do not trade and select Burrow

then what sort of pick can we get for Dalton ? Jax #20 pick would be nice.

Do we move AJ too ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If we do not trade and select Burrow

then what sort of pick can we get for Dalton ? Jax #20 pick would be nice.

Do we move AJ too ?

No way we get a 1st. I’m thinking more like a 3rd...maybe a 2nd if we’re lucky.

Reply/Quote
Talk to jax and Tampa bay. If Winston thinks he can get elite qb money while throwing 24 picks every season I bet Arians would think about a 2nd for Andy
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:07 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Talk to jax and Tampa bay. If Winston thinks he can get elite qb money while throwing 24 picks every season I bet Arians would think about a 2nd for Andy

Even with 30 picks Winston had a better PR than Dalton this season lol

Winston 84.3

Dalton 78.3

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even with 30 picks Winston had a better PR than Dalton this season lol

Winston 84.3

Dalton 78.3

Dalton is cheaper. Arians thinks he can win with any qb and Dalton can have a good season if he has protection
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 11:12 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Dalton is cheaper. Arians thinks he can win with any qb and Dalton can have a good season if he has protection

Let’s hope things with Jameis and the Bucs go south and they get desperate and overpay for Dalton. I’d take a 2nd in a heartbeat.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 11:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let’s hope things with Jameis and the Bucs go south and they get desperate and overpay for Dalton. I’d take a 2nd in a heartbeat.

Yeah, we can hope that Winston's agent believes he should pull an elite contract. Even if that happens we can make Tampa Bay a healthy scratch from competing the next few years as they wont be able to keep quality players for long because if his contract 
Reply/Quote
I think you will find that the NFL people have a much higher opinion of Dalton than Bengals fans do.

I do think this year hurt his value (which I thought could have been a 2nd rounder at the beginning of the season) to at most a 3rd and more than likely a 4th.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 04:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you will find that the NFL people have a much higher opinion of Dalton than Bengals fans do.

I do think this year hurt his value (which I thought could have been a 2nd rounder at the beginning of the season) to at most a 3rd and more than likely a 4th.

Yeah, the “Dalton line” was totally made up by Bengals fans...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, the “Dalton line” was totally made up by Bengals fans...

Funny since actually it is a made up phrase..lol
Reply/Quote
My trade would be to Oakland for Carr both 1st round picks this year and a 2nd next year
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 02:02 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny since actually it is a made up phrase..lol

Yeah, by a member of the NFL media (Chris Wesseling) not a disgruntled Bengals fan.

Reply/Quote
Still just a phrase regardless who it comes from.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:07 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: A few months ago I would take the trade in a heartbeat. To Burrow's credit, he's spent the last few months making it very hard to not take him at #1. Of the 12 QBs heading into the playoffs, 2 can be questioned if they're franchise quality. If you have a chance at a franchise QB, and Burrow sure is looking the part, you dont pass that up. If our coaching staff thinks that Burrow will be a franchise QB, it would have to be nothing short of an absurd Ricky Williams-esque offer to get us to trade.

This is my thinking, too. Most teams first round picks work out about 50%. Extra picks give more chances of hitting on a good player. Also, in most years I would draft Chase Young if I didn’t trade back because a pass rushing RE is the most important position in a 4-3, IMO. But, a franchise QB is the most important position on the team. I believe Burrow is a franchise QB. Although I recognize there is at least a 50% chance I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:37 AM)cinci4life Wrote: This feels like the movie Draft Day.

We need to find out if any of Burrows teammates went to his birthday party.
Reply/Quote