Poll: Would you vote to use public funding (tax dollars) to build the Bengals next stadium?
No. Im sick of it. Leave town if you want, im not paying for your stadium again.
Yes. Im willing to pay to keep my favorite team in the city that I live in at all costs.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you publicly fund another stadium or let the franchise leave Cincinnati?
This build a new stadium every 20 years stuff is ridiculous in sports.

Teams basically hold cities and taxpayers hostage by threatening to leave to get a stadium...then they get another one 20 years later? This is getting insane.

NBA players are going to be signing $40 million a year contracts starting this offseason. Slightly above average guys will get $20 million a year. Salaries are escalating in sports at an extremely higher rate than the rest of society. It's going to turn fans off.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 10:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just pointing this out... 

There isnt a ton of credible data that actually supports your point that an NFL team helps a city's economy. That notion has been debunked over the years. 

There might not be a ton of data and there might have been someone claim that it doesn't const a city's economy, but I can promise you it would impact Cincinnati's tremendously.  Ask a local restaurant owner about home football games, or concerts at PBS. Ask the local hotels.  Ask the people employed by the Bengals.  Ask the foundations supported by so many players.  It matters.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let the franchise leave. Cities need to stop letting teams hold them hostage. Owners most definitely make enough and the NFL can offer subsidy towards making a stadium (The NFL offered the Chargers 300 mil to build in SD). Sure it would suck but there is no reason to let the owners bully their way to keeping their cash

FYI I do not live in Hamilton county or Cincy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 10:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think FC is staying at Nippert. They have a really good thing going there and I think they are locked in to a contract for the upcoming years. 

There going to need a new stadium to get into MLS which is what they want. If they redo Paul Brown stadium and make it better for both Soccer and football its a win win for all three parties.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 04:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Welllll. I don't live in Ohio. So I might prefer a move.

If the Bengals moved to St. Louis, I'd be at every game (I'm only three hours from there). Yes, even during four-win years, I'd still make every game I could.

Why?

Because I'm a Bengals fan. I've been a Bengals fan through the 90s, through Marvin Lewis and through the last season. Moving wouldn't really effect that for me. If they moved across the country, say San Deigo, I might have to rethink it. But as it is now, I'm lucky to make one game a year anyway, and watch most of them on TV or at a bar.

But I'm in the minority of fans who cheer for the Bengals from afar.

I agree with this.  I'm not a native to Cincinnati let alone Ohio.  I'm just a fan of the Bengals.  If they move to St. Louis, I'm all over it.  So long as they keep the helmets and nickname of the Bengals. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 10:44 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I agree with this.  I'm not a native to Cincinnati let alone Ohio.  I'm just a fan of the Bengals.  If they move to St. Louis, I'm all over it.  So long as they keep the helmets and nickname of the Bengals. 

I doubt that St. Louis gets another team anytime soon since they'd need a new stadium:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/sports/football/st-louis-should-be-glad-it-lost-the-rams.html?_r=0
Reply/Quote
I'd rather see the Reds get a publicly funded stadium over the Bengals if we're picking a franchise to stay in Cincinnati. The Reds have actually won championships and were the first MLB team. Plus Mr. Redlegs is the greatest mascot ever.

The Bengals are an expansion franchise with a frugal owner that seems out of touch with his team's fan base and hasn't won anything worthwhile.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 03:05 AM)J24 Wrote: There going to need a new stadium to get into MLS which is what they want. If they redo Paul Brown stadium and make it better for both Soccer and football its a win win for all three parties.

They dont need a new stadium to get into MLS. There are no plans for FC Cincinnati to build a new stadium. The Seattle Sounders play in the Seahawks stadium, why cant FC Cincinnati play at Nippert? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They dont need a new stadium to get into MLS. There are no plans for FC Cincinnati to build a new stadium. The Seattle Sounders play in the Seahawks stadium, why cant FC Cincinnati play at Nippert? 

Or PBS even.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They dont need a new stadium to get into MLS. There are no plans for FC Cincinnati to build a new stadium. The Seattle Sounders play in the Seahawks stadium, why cant FC Cincinnati play at Nippert? 

Yeah Nippert is fine for an MLS stadium. They drew a larger crowd last summer against Crystal Palace from the Premier League in England than what the Crew has ever had up in Cbus.

Only thing they need to do to get added into MLS is to keep drawing crowds and excitement as I hope they do.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Yes they are looking for a new stadium thats one of the requirements for the MLS expansion. I don't know why they cant make in Nippert but the MLS wants teams to have newer stadiums. If I had to guess it's probably because they want stadiums in the downtown of the cities.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Let em move. No skin off my keaster. I've lived in a few other towns and it doesn't affect me one iota where they play. I damn sure wouldn't be willing to pay the first tax dollar for another stadium and nobody else should either  Football is a privately owned and operated business and the stadium only benefits the team and to some much smaller extent the fans, but in every city there are more than enough people who do not follow the game at all so why should they pay to finance a stadium they receive absolutely zero benefit from?
 It is a football stadium and aside from 8 games per year it really doesn't get used for much else. Sure, maybe you can get married there.. big f-ing deal. 
I've been a sucker for a lot of stuff in my life,  but paying for someone else's  playroom...? Not a chance. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote