Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather?
(09-19-2017, 01:41 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Go to the postseason again with Marv or would you rather lose out and get a new coach? Just want to get a grasp of the direction you guys think we should  take.

No experience setting up polls. Sorry guys.

Oh...and no other scenarios please. Just answer between the 2 options.

As Bfine mentioned in my Would You Rather thread, you're still going to get people choosing options you didn't offer.
Takes a keen mind to understand how options work lol.

What I think you failed to mention in your Would You Rather was does this team win a playoff game (or games) with Marvin or same old, same old?

I have no problem sacrificing a season to get a new coach and try something new if no playoff win(s).
Also, the lower the record, the higher the draft pick, which I'm all for.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be willing to suffer thru whatever if indeed we would have a true house cleaning. However, as many have said I highly doubt we get that under Mike's leadership.

This team desperately needs a complete culture change, hit the reset button ! But MB isn't going to allow that. So............ Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This will not be the popular answer, but I want the playoffs because this season I think they have a shot of winning it all if they could fix their offense.  I think it would be fitting to have Marv win one and retire.  Cleaning house doesn't guarantee us of anything and I want to win.  

What makes this question difficult to me is ML postseason coaching.I'd rather blow it all up then to risk another loss under Marv, which is inevitable. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd be willing to suffer thru whatever if indeed we would have a true house cleaning. However, as many have said I highly doubt we get that under Mike's leadership.

This team desperately needs a complete culture change, hit the reset button ! But MB isn't going to allow that. So............ Cry

So basically were stuck between sh×× and a hard place? Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:33 AM)Fresno B Wrote: So basically were stuck between sh×× and a hard place? Cool

Looks that way doesn't it? Sick

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I might be wired a little than most, but I have never quit on anything in my life. I can not stand losing but to just quit trying, no way!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and that may be when I finally say "enough".

And I don't blame  you.  I may be in the same frame of mind if that happens.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 11:46 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I might be wired a little than most, but I have never quit on anything in my life. I can not stand losing but to just quit trying, no way!

Me either, but that said, this isn't about life, it's entertainment.  I survived the 90s.....but man, if SoP doesn't swipe the deck clean, what's the use?  Even rats have sense enough to abandon a sinking ship.  I know I'll never stop being a fan, but I'll definitely reconsider how I spend my time on gameday.....I already have to some extent.

Reply/Quote
"Would You Rather" is an interesting horror movie on Netflix, even though it is kinda sick.

It would be tempting to say that the Bengals could do what the Colts did a few years ago, The Colts went 2-14 or something and get Andrew Luck and then they got lots better after that. Such a thing probably wouldn't work though, given the way the Bengals are. For me being a Bengal's fan is more about tradition than it is wanting to align with a winner. It was fun to watch those 2011 to 2015 seasons where they often kicked some serious NFL a$$ though.

To answer the question then, yeah somehow turn it around and get a playoff win (not likely, but wouldn't it be great!!!).

I have to add that last year's Super Bowl left a sour taste in my mouth. It was so obviously orchestrated and yes, FIXED! The Falcons may as well have sent third-graders out there for as easily as the Patriots got the last two scores. This year's Chief's game for the opener may have been a fix in the opposite direction, for the Patriots to get whipped at home and for there to be the story of "Does Tommy still have it?" Those two long scores by the Chiefs were ridiculous since it looked like some of the Patriots were standing still.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 12:17 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: "Would You Rather" is an interesting horror movie on Netflix, even though it is kinda sick.

It would be tempting to say that the Bengals could do what the Colts did a few years ago, The Colts went 2-14 or something and get Andrew Luck and then they got lots better after that. Such a thing probably wouldn't work though, given the way the Bengals are. For me being a Bengal's fan is more about tradition than it is wanting to align with a winner. It was fun to watch those 2011 to 2015 seasons where they often kicked some serious NFL a$$ though.

To answer the question then, yeah somehow turn it around and get a playoff win (not likely, but wouldn't it be great!!!).

I have to add that last year's Super Bowl left a sour taste in my mouth. It was so obviously orchestrated and yes, FIXED! The Falcons may as well have sent third-graders out there for as easily as the Patriots got the last two scores. This year's Chief's game for the opener may have been a fix in the opposite direction, for the Patriots to get whipped at home and for there to be the story of "Does Tommy still have it?" Those two long scores by the Chiefs were ridiculous since it looked like some of the Patriots were standing still.

I didn't say playoff win. Just making it to the playoffs. Would you rather try it again with Marv at the helm? Or would you like to start looking in a new direction?  And of course that SB was fixed. The league is to a certain extent. 
Reply/Quote
I'll take making the playoffs. Who knows where any of us will be next year. Might as well enjoy the moment.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:54 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I didn't say playoff win. Just making it to the playoffs. Would you rather try it again with Marv at the helm? Or would you like to start looking in a new direction?  And of course that SB was fixed. The league is to a certain extent. 

Okay, so to make it to the playoffs again would be fun. Maybe the first two games are the buildup to a drastic turnaround and Andy redemption story the NFL has in mind.

Another thought about NFL fixes: they fixed the whole weather during the year the Super Bowl was played at the N.J. Meadowlands. Yes, tolerable 45 to 50 degree February days are not uncommon there, but sandwiched between two frigid, snowy days? Hmm. 
Reply/Quote
Even if the entire coaching staff is canned tomorrow there's absolutely no guarantee that whoever replaces them would fare one iota better and in fact could do MUCH worse and leave us in worse shape than the Browns of recent memory. 
The moral of the story,  be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.  We could get one of the great coaching minds of all time, but if the players aren't buying what they're selling its not gonna matter..
Another scenario is getting a great coach who is never given enough time to get the team where it needs to be to be successful. 
They may want to purge the team for players better suited for their style, but that can take several years to reorganize.. One lousy season and fans think he's the worst coach of all time.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Even if the entire coaching staff is canned tomorrow there's absolutely no guarantee that whoever replaces them would fare one iota better and in fact could do MUCH worse and leave us in worse shape than the Browns of recent memory. 
The moral of the story,  be careful what you wish for because you might just get it.  We could get one of the great coaching minds of all time, but if the players aren't buying what they're selling its not gonna matter..

That's a fair point, but I feel this roster has more talent on it than the dark days of the Brownies.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Even if the entire coaching staff is canned tomorrow there's absolutely no guarantee that whoever replaces them would fare one iota better and in fact could do MUCH worse and leave us in worse shape than the Browns of recent memory. 

At this point we are the Browns of recent memory.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take making the playoffs. Who knows where any of us will be next year. Might as well enjoy the moment.

I'll risk it all on a new coaching staff at this moment. We know Marvs ceiling and that a playoff berth. Even if we won a playoff game you and I know Marv would lose the following game. No if and or buts about it. 
Reply/Quote
IF it meant getting rid of the ENTIRE coaching staff, then I'd be in favor of losing out. However, since I'm fairly certain we'll end up with mainly the same staff just a new HC, we might as well try for the playoffs and hope we get lucky there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Another scenario is getting a great coach who is never given enough time to get the team where it needs to be to be successful. 
They may want to purge the team for players better suited for their style, but that can take several years to reorganize.. One lousy season and fans think he's the worst coach of all time.. 

Mike Brown, is that you?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lose out draft Rosen or Darnold. Start over with new bloid n coach
Reply/Quote
Postseason? Bengals aren't going into any postseason no matter who the coach is.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote