Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather
Say Taylor convinces upper management we need 2 big time free agents. Would you rather have
Cj Mosley and Kwon Alexander?
Cj Mosley and gerald mccoy?
We still draft Devin white. I'd s
Rather have Mosley and Alexander paired with white oh my God. I'm still a huge fan of Glasgow and with the first option our lber Corp is set and elite, not to mention we have Vinny Rey replacement in vigil.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think McCoy makes sense with Geno here and both being older so I’d say Mosley and Alexander. I don’t actually believe Alexander is as good as most people do though. He came in well but has trailed off as of late.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 11:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Say Taylor convinces upper management we need 2 big time free agents. Would you rather have
Rather have Mosley and Alexander paired with white oh my God. I'm still a huge fan of Glasgow and with the first option our lber Corp is set and elite, not to mention we have Vinny Rey replacement in vigil.

Would love Mosley and Alexander, but I think it isn't realistic to get them both.  They will likely get a LB in FA, hopefully a strong starter, draft at least one, and go with Vigil.  They might also re-sign Preston Brown, but still get another FA LB.  I would love Buchannon.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 11:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Say Taylor convinces upper management we need 2 big time free agents. Would you rather have

Given the purpose of "Would you rather," I'd go with Mosley and Alexander.

However, if I had the ability to tweak it at all, I'd go DL or OL instead of Devin White if Mosley and Alexander are brought in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Rodger Saffold and KJ Wright
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:44 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Rodger Saffold and KJ Wright

Why would u want a 30 year old lber?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 12:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Why would u want a 30 year old lber?

Because he's one of the best LBs in coverage available in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 08:15 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: Because he's one of the best LBs in coverage available in free agency.

If we're getting a top tier lber, let's get the 26 year old we can sign to a 5 year deal not the 30 year old to a 1 year deal. We do that all the time.
Reply/Quote
Most of you know how long I've wanted a 1st Round LB. Alot of people hate on Keith Rivers, but he was looking good before Hnes Ward broke his jaw on a cheap shot helmet to face hit. I pray we don't pass on White. If he get's picked before we can take him, someone else who is VERY good will slide to us. Q. Willaims, I hope.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:17 AM)Shady Wrote: Most of you know how long I've wanted a 1st Round LB. Alot of people hate on Keith Rivers, but he was looking good before Hnes Ward broke his jaw on a cheap shot helmet to face hit. I pray we don't pass on White. If he get's picked before we can take him, someone else who is VERY good will slide to us. Q. Willaims, I hope.
Williams is going #3 overall
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Williams is going #3 overall

Yeah, I know it's a stretch. Who do you think might fall from the Top 10? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:23 AM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, I know it's a stretch. Who do you think might fall from the Top 10? 

Greedy Williams is gonna fall and honestly I'd rather have Byron Murphy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 06:23 AM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, I know it's a stretch. Who do you think might fall from the Top 10? 
I don't really think anyone falls besides greedy

(02-16-2019, 10:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Greedy Williams is gonna fall and honestly I'd rather have Byron Murphy.
Agreed. Never got the hype
Reply/Quote
Give me neither.

If we sign 2 guys, I would take Mosely and then someone to play RT.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 10:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If we're getting a top tier lber, let's get the 26 year old we can sign to a 5 year deal not the 30 year old to a 1 year deal. We do that all the time.

Mike Brown, is that you? The Bengals just went through this scenario a few years ago with not re-signing Andrew Whitworth in favor of the younger players unless Whitworth was willing to "take a discount." Older players can still be very good players, and there's nothing yet that has indicated that KJ Wright is a bad player. It doesn't make sense to offer a 5-year deal for KJ Wright (probably a 2-3 year deal), but with this new regime, the whole thing might be wiped in 2-3 years anyway. 

Also, the performance between the two is really negligible. 
PFF had KJ Wright at 71.3 last year (27th rated LB). Mosley was at 73.6 (22nd rated LB).
So if you can get about the same player for a better financial deal to allow for more cap to put towards other players, I think you do that instead.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 10:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Greedy Williams is gonna fall and honestly I'd rather have Byron Murphy.

Williams is going to get someone excited who wants to run a lot of press man, although I'm not sure he sis actually physical enough to. To me his top end is Dominque Rodgers Cromartie although I'm not sure he is going to run as fast, if he does he easily solidifies top 10 status. People are drafting him more for what he could be versus what he is now.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 03:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Williams is going to get someone excited who wants to run a lot of press man, although I'm not sure he sis actually physical enough to. To me his top end is Dominque Rodgers Cromartie although I'm not sure he is going to run as fast, if he does he easily solidifies top 10 status. People are drafting him more for what he could be versus what he is now.

That happens a lot though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That happens a lot though.

For sure, it's why we drafted John Ross. I think when you are in the top 10 though outside of QB you got to draft guys who are high level day 1. Solomon Thomas to me was a perfect example of a late riser who was projected out as some stud but what he was at that moment was really unrefined. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 03:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown, is that you? The Bengals just went through this scenario a few years ago with not re-signing Andrew Whitworth in favor of the younger players unless Whitworth was willing to "take a discount." Older players can still be very good players, and there's nothing yet that has indicated that KJ Wright is a bad player. It doesn't make sense to offer a 5-year deal for KJ Wright (probably a 2-3 year deal), but with this new regime, the whole thing might be wiped in 2-3 years anyway. 

Also, the performance between the two is really negligible. 
PFF had KJ Wright at 71.3 last year (27th rated LB). Mosley was at 73.6 (22nd rated LB).
So if you can get about the same player for a better financial deal to allow for more cap to put towards other players, I think you do that instead.
Difference was if u can get the younger better player for about the same price(wright wants about 10 million) then u take the younger, more agile, better lber for a longer deal.  Now he's a building block not a rental.
Reply/Quote