Poll: Which do you prefer and why?
Sign Moton, draft Chase, and then OG
Sign Thuney, draft Sewell, and then WR
Sign either Thuney or Moton, and trade back for more picks
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you rather, an update:
Option 3 Sign Morton and trade back to get BPA. It's a deep offensive line/ WR draft plus even if we sign both Jackson and Lawson we will still need defensive talent.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 10:44 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Thuney is premium talent.  Sewell has a shot at being a premium talent.  Duh.  Who the hell is this Moton guy anyway?  An average-ish RT?  Who cares?

Taylor Moton is a 6'5", 325 RT that had a PFF ranking of 81.9 last year.  He is a known commodity.  A plug and play guy for the right side. 

I would not call him average.  And Sewell has not played in a year.  I understand Chase has not either, but that worries me more on a lineman that didn't have the toughest competition.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you hadn't put the poison pills of Chase and Brown in option 1 I would have taken it.

Replace Thuney with Moton in option 2 and I'm sold.

Aren’t you completely against moving Jonah inside? If we sign Moton and draft Sewell who’s moving to OG?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 10:44 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Thuney is premium talent.  Sewell has a shot at being a premium talent.  Duh.  Who the hell is this Moton guy anyway?  An average-ish RT?  Who cares?

Worth pointing out that Thuney grew up in Kettering, OH.
He might be willing to come to Cincy if he gets a comparable offer so he can be close to his hometown and his friends/family can watch him play.

Taylor Moton was PFF's 13th rated OT (includes both LT and RT).
He's a Top 5 RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I picked option 2. Give Burrow a rock solid offensive line. I think with the receivers we have he’ll be okay enough. Could sign a middle WR in FA if AJ Green isn’t coming back. We aren’t going to the Super Bowl so let’s protect Burrow and find him weapons and build the defense up later.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Adding both Thuney and Sewell to our OL seems like by far the most attractive scenario.

Yep. What's the goal? Building a championship-level franchise for years to come? Burrow was the first step in that direction. Sewell is the next step. Both of them are generational talents. Thuney would be a significant upgrade at guard. I'd look to draft another guard or center this year, if possible, but we have to address the pass rush, too. Basham in Round 2 would be ideal. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Adding both Thuney and Sewell to our OL seems like by far the most attractive scenario.

Yep. If you're going to address a weakness (that's been a weakness for 5 years), then address the %$#@ weakness and be done with it. Finally.

Btw, some of our best WR's have been found after round 1 (Chad, TJ, Boyd, Pickens, Darnay, Higgins, Collinsworth, etc).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sign Lawson, Thuney, Alexander, and Reynolds. Draft Sewell. Draft Nixon in 2. Snag a speed guy like Rogers or Toney in 3.

If Burrow is the guy many of us think he is, a WR group of Higgins, Boyd, Reynolds, and Toney/Rodgers is a dog that will hunt. This is even more true behind a line with Thuney and Sewell replacing Jordan and Hart.

Hope the defense can hold their water and let them load up in the 2022 draft.

By 2022, the team is a legit AFC contender.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 07:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth pointing out that Thuney grew up in Kettering, OH.
He might be willing to come to Cincy if he gets a comparable offer so he can be close to his hometown and his friends/family can watch him play.

Taylor Moton was PFF's 13th rated OT (includes both LT and RT).
He's a Top 5 RT.

He grew up in Centerville, thank you.  Haha. 

He went to Alter because it is a Catholic Private School.  So did Nick Mangold, but he was also from Centerville.  

I can't help but wonder if Cincy couldn't get this done if they had a longer term, like 5 years, with a higher guarantee, and he gets $10 million per season if he wouldn't take it.  His dad is an Internal Medicine Physician so it isn't like his family is starving.  
Reply/Quote
I voted move back, I'm on board with signing Thuney (doubt it happens but man it would be amazing) and then move back a little bit get Darrisaw for the T spot and with 2 picks in round 2, get an edge rusher and a WR that slips out of the first round. Or take Clemson's Rodgers in round 3 and get an Edge guy and a CB in two with the extra pick.

The team has a chance to fill a lot of holes in one draft if they play it smart and trade back a little here and there to get extra picks. Especially if there is a top QB prospect sitting there at 5, will have a few teams hungry to move up and get him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Draft all D.. we saw how the bucs D dismantled the chiefs. we can do it too.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:16 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yep. What's the goal? Building a championship-level franchise for years to come? Burrow was the first step in that direction. Sewell is the next step. Both of them are generational talents. Thuney would be a significant upgrade at guard. I'd look to draft another guard or center this year, if possible, but we have to address the pass rush, too. Basham in Round 2 would be ideal. 

That would be the best outcome!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 02:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Draft all D.. we saw how the bucs D dismantled the chiefs. we can do it too.

Meh. It would have been a much different game had KC not been forced to start 3 backups on the OL.

Reply/Quote
I'd rather: Win the gazillion dollar lottery, buy the team and see it go bankrupt after I sold it for another gazillion, but then again I'm greedy that way.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 11:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He grew up in Centerville, thank you.  Haha. 

He went to Alter because it is a Catholic Private School.  So did Nick Mangold, but he was also from Centerville.  

I can't help but wonder if Cincy couldn't get this done if they had a longer term, like 5 years, with a higher guarantee, and he gets $10 million per season if he wouldn't take it.  His dad is an Internal Medicine Physician so it isn't like his family is starving.  

My bad. I was going off this statement from Wikipedia...
Quote:Early life[edit]

His parents Mike and Beth Thuney raised him and their other three children, Monica, Eric and Megan in Kettering, Ohio.[2] There Thuney was a member of two D4 state championship teams at Archbishop Alter High School. As a Senior he was Greater Catholic League Lineman of the Year and president of his senior class.[3]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: My bad. I was going off this statement from Wikipedia...

No worries...just had to let my Centerville pride shine a bit.  

AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Mike Nugent, Andy Harmon, and Thuney...all Centerville guys.  So was Herbstreit, but he never played in the NFL.  
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Sewell makes it to 5 so sign the best free agent tackle and draft Chase. I wouldn’t object to trading back a couple of spots as long as it’s a range where Waddle or Pitts would still be available.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 08:16 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yep. What's the goal? Building a championship-level franchise for years to come? Burrow was the first step in that direction. Sewell is the next step. Both of them are generational talents. Thuney would be a significant upgrade at guard. I'd look to draft another guard or center this year, if possible, but we have to address the pass rush, too. Basham in Round 2 would be ideal. 

we should probly wait till they have some success in the pros to call people generational talents...
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 09:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we should probly wait till they have some success in the pros to call people generational talents...

True enough. It's just too easy to get caught up in the hype. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
#2 has to be the choice. If we are that lucky.
Reply/Quote