Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you take a Steelers Super Bowl win if it meant Big Ben retired?
Personally, I don't think I could stomach it. But I would like to see Ben retire.
Reply/Quote
**** no. Go Pats!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’ve always been the type, if it isn’t us, let it be a team in the AFCN. Unless it’s Pittsburgh. Can’t handle that regardless.

Reply/Quote
I'm actually hoping for a NFC winner this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Ben isn't who I'm concerned about when playing the Steelers. Its Marvin Lewis.

They can lose in the SB, pick 31st in the draft and he can come back for 20 more years I don't care. F*** him and f*** the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Eh, The only time I really care about the Steelers more than any other team is when we play them. Of course on these boards, people are so infatuated with them, it's hard to get away from it. Pittsburgh isn't going to the Superbowl with that defense.

Shame we have to look to players on other teams retiring to give us a better chance. Such is the current reality, i guess.

(Although I'm guessing steeler fans say the same thing about Brady)
Reply/Quote
Nope, this isn't college football where if your team doesn't make it, root for a team in your conference to win in the post season to make your Conference stronger and better.
This is the NFL, eff Pitt, anyone but them can win it and I can live with that.
Reply/Quote

[Image: vtuuw6u88jw59026g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 08:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’ve always been the type, if it isn’t us, let it be a team in the AFCN. Unless it’s Pittsburgh. Can’t handle that regardless.

So, in this scenario, half your hope is pinned on Cleveland?

[Image: 5.-not-bff-edited.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 11:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, in this scenario, half your hope is pinned on Cleveland?

[Image: 5.-not-bff-edited.gif]

LOL - I guess so?

Reply/Quote
Big Ben retiring or not will have no bearing on how our team will do in the future. As long as we have the same HC and FO, we will still miss tackles, we will still drop critical-down passes, we will still go 3-and-out multiple times, we will still play conservative in the 2nd half, we will still receive uncalled cheap-shots from the Steelers, and we will still play pusssy-like in the 2nd half more-so than in the 1st half.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 08:21 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Personally, I don't think I could stomach it. But I would like to see Ben retire.

Nope. I'm a new Pats fan for the rest of the season. 

Nothing would be better than for 1 QB to have as many rings as the Steelers franchise has in 40 years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Roethlisberger has never really been the reason why the Bengals lost to the Steelers, so no?

He has...
38 TD/28 INT (1.357 TD/gm, 1.357:1 TD:INT) in 28 games against the Bengals.
289 TD/146 INT (1.690 TD/gm, 1.979:1 TD:INT) in 171 games against everyone else.

Career 93.9 QB Rating, but a 86.5 QB Rating against the Bengals.
Career 7.86 YPA, but a 7.43 YPA against the Bengals.
Career 64.1% completion, but a 62.8% completion against the Bengals.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Honestly, the biggest problem the Bengals faced at first was Dick LeBeau pumping out so many top defenses. Now-a-days it's just Marvin Lewis' limp-d*** coaching of his teams historic inability to show up when it matters.

Never been Roethlisberger.

That said, he should probably choose to retire anyway, if he wants any semblance of a decent quality of life. He is currently at 477 sacks taken (in 14 years), and that's not including all the hits he's taken from holding onto the ball and getting rid of it in time to prevent a sack, but not to prevent getting hit.

For comparison, in 17 years Peyton Manning took 303 sacks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote