Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-22-2021, 05:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: lmfao this is a stupid argument. 

Justin Herbert has the pocket awareness of a rookie. Marcus Mariota has the pocket awareness of a 5+ year vet

Okey Dokey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: Watson would love to have our oline. Must likely our receivers and runners as well.

But not our ownership, FO, and coaching staff. Which pretty much makes this whole idea moot.

I don’t understand all the Jets talk either. These would seem like parallel moves. Dude wants to play for a good organization.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 04:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just you don;t understand sarcasm... obviously when I posted that.... ... and i understand  your cult following of Burrow make it impossible to actually accept this debate that people actually might pick Waston over Burrow.

Who the hell calls a guy a jerk in that context sarcastically? I even called you out for it in that thread and you didn’t explain yourself. It was pretty obvious you just wanted to take your usual stance of disagreeing with me (after I said how classy Watson was).

As to the rest of your post...

#Burrowderangementsyndrome

Reply/Quote
Voted no. I did so because I think Joe has the potential to be really special. And also because I just like the kid. Color me sentimental?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 05:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: lmfao this is a stupid argument. 

Justin Herbert has the pocket awareness of a rookie. Marcus Mariota has the pocket awareness of a 5+ year vet

Uh, what?  WTF
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 02:56 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Uh, what?  WTF

read what I was responding to. 

Guy said Watson is better because he has the awareness of a 5 year vet

I then brought up this stupid statement as a retort about how being a vet doesnt mean you have better awarenss than a rookie
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: read what I was responding to. 

I then brought up this stupid statement as a retort about how being a vet doesnt mean you have better awarenss than a rookie

Oh, now I see.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: read what I was responding to. 

No doubt!! Suggesting a QB can improve his pocket awareness in the NFL with game experience is a stupid statement. 

I personally hope JB improves his awareness as time goes on; as it was obvious he held on a little too long a few times this year; but that's just me being stupid. 

FWIW, I invite folks to go back and re-read the back and forth throughout this thread. Look which folks throw out terms such as stupid, LMAO, dumb, and various other insults...The worst I've said is I think some may be voting with their hearts. But many fans have to react with insults.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: FWIW, I invite folks to go back and re-read the back and forth throughout this thread. Look which folks throw out terms such as stupid, LMAO, dumb, and various other insults...The worst I've said is I think some may be voting with their hearts. But many fans have to react with insults.

Well said.  No need to be crappy, we're all Bengal fans here, I think.  Hard to tell sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt!! Suggesting a QB can improve his pocket awareness in the NFL with game experience is a stupid statement. 

I personally hope JB improves his awareness as time goes on; as it was obvious he held on a little too long a few times this year; but that's just me being stupid. 

FWIW, I invite folks to go back and re-read the back and forth throughout this thread. Look which folks throw out terms such as stupid, LMAO, dumb, and various other insults...The worst I've said is I think some may be voting with their hearts. But many fans have to react with insults.

lmao I never called YOU stupid, I said it was a stupid statement. It's stupid because being a vet doesnt mean you have better pocket awareness than a guy with less years in the league. 

Justin Herbet has better awareness than Jameis winston.

Joe Burrow has better awareness than Mariota
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: lmao I never called YOU stupid, I said it was a stupid statement. It's stupid because being a vet doesnt mean you have better pocket awareness than a guy with less years in the league. 

Justin Herbet has better awareness than Jameis winston.

Joe Burrow has better awareness than Mariota

Most likely why those dudes are back ups and DW led the NFL in passing yards and 2nd in passer rating.

You want to know what's stupid? Trotting out the likes of Mariotta and Winston in a thread discussing Watson. 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the hell calls a guy a jerk in that context sarcastically? I even called you out for it in that thread and you didn’t explain yourself. It was pretty obvious you just wanted to take your usual stance of disagreeing with me (after I said how classy Watson was).

As to the rest of your post...

#Burrowderangementsyndrome
Because I knew the cult following would come after me with pitch forks..hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2021, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not jumping on you for your opinion, but this is the thought process that got them from a playoff team to a four win team.  And they actually gave up their first round pick this year (ended up being #3 overall...ouch) to get him a better LT.  They still won 4 games.  Russell Wilson is dealing with the same thing.

You are dead on, though, on your ranking of Watson.  He is incredible.  Hard to believe how he was crapped on coming out of Clemson.  I see a lot of similarities with Justin Fields.  Fields might be the most amazing athlete I have seen play QB in ages.  He just glides when he runs, but OSU wisely tried to make him more of a pocket passer to develop him, instead of just a running QB.  There have been plays where Fields handed the ball off, and actually caught his RB running down the field to block for him.  I have no idea what his 40 time will be, but he is going to be a stud in the NFL.  I just hope he doesn't end up in pitt.   

Fields is trash.. I'd bet anything, he will bust.. Haskens 2.0...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:44 AM)Tony Wrote: Fields is trash.. I'd bet anything, he will bust.. Haskens 2.0...

Historically speaking, you have a 50/50 chance of hitting with any first round QB, but I see Fields as a different guy than Haskins.  Just out of curiosity, what do you see in him that makes you believe he is trash?  
Reply/Quote
Rumor has it that NYJ is now the preferred destination for DW. Seems Darnold and both their RD1 picks would be suitable compensation. Not sure if it would help or hurt us if TX picked #2 instead of NYJ.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rumor has it that NYJ is now the preferred destination for DW. Seems Darnold and both their RD1 picks would be suitable compensation. Not sure if it would help or hurt us if TX picked #2 instead of NYJ.

Depending when the trade goes down.... TX could still flip the #2 pick.  Lord knows they need all the draft capital they can get.

If they wanted to give Darnold a chance of course.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 04:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely why those dudes are back ups and DW led the NFL in passing yards and 2nd in passer rating.

You want to know what's stupid? Trotting out the likes of Mariotta and Winston in a thread discussing Watson. 

Trajectory and ceiling are important. How many would have traded JB for Lamar Jackson last year? He was all world... and then came crashing down to Earth. 

YES, DW is a better QB than Lamar Jackson. But, I think he is at his ceiling. It's an excellent ceiling, yes, but I think JB's ceiling is much higher.
Reply/Quote
Would people trade Burrow for Josh Allen or Patrick Mahommes?  I feel like hype and hope has us flying so high we wouldn't trade Burrow for a guaranteed SB win because Burrow is going to win more than one here.

Welp, feels good to have something to be optimistic about, that's for sure.

(01-24-2021, 02:57 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Trajectory and ceiling are important. How many would have traded JB for Lamar Jackson last year? He was all world... and then came crashing down to Earth. 

YES, DW is a better QB than Lamar Jackson. But, I think he is at his ceiling. It's an excellent ceiling, yes, but I think JB's ceiling is much higher.

Burrow's ceiling being much higher than proven MPV-caliber play would be nice, that's for sure.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 02:57 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Trajectory and ceiling are important. How many would have traded JB for Lamar Jackson last year? He was all world... and then came crashing down to Earth. 

I’m not sure I would say Lamar came crashing back down to Earth. He had ~3800 total yards and 33 TDs this season. People point to his low passing yardage but they don’t have him throw as much, because he is such a dynamic athlete (and they have good running backs). He had something like the 24th most attempts in the league. He is a very unique QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Rumor has it that NYJ is now the preferred destination for DW. Seems Darnold and both their RD1 picks would be suitable compensation. Not sure if it would help or hurt us if TX picked #2 instead of NYJ.

He wants to play for Saleh
Reply/Quote