Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-24-2021, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would people trade Burrow for Josh Allen or Patrick Mahommes?  I feel like hype and hope has us flying so high we wouldn't trade Burrow for a guaranteed SB win because Burrow is going to win more than one here.

Welp, feels good to have something to be optimistic about, that's for sure.

Burrow's ceiling being much higher than proven MPV-caliber play would be nice, that's for sure.  

Yes for Mahomes but I wouldn't for Allen. 

But honestly push come to shove for me Burrow may be my last hope for this Franchise. I hope the Bengals realize what they have and don't blow it.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would people trade Burrow for Josh Allen or Patrick Mahommes?  I feel like hype and hope has us flying so high we wouldn't trade Burrow for a guaranteed SB win because Burrow is going to win more than one here.

Burrow's ceiling being much higher than proven MPV-caliber play would be nice, that's for sure.  

Anyone that wouldn’t trade Burrow for Mahomes is out of their mind. Not really even worth talking about though as KC wouldn’t trade him for anything or anyone. And rightly so.

No, I would not trade Burrow for Allen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 10:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not sure I would say Lamar came crashing back down to Earth. He had ~3800 total yards and 33 TDs this season. People point to his low passing yardage but they don’t have him throw as much, because he is such a dynamic athlete (and they have good running backs). He had something like the 24th most attempts in the league. He is a very unique QB.

2600 yards with 26-9 the year after MVP and coming up way short in the winning department in todays passing league = crashing to me.
Reply/Quote

Ceiling wise, I think so for sure. I also think the Bengals are better built for long term success than the Texans. So, yeah, to me Burrow has a higher ceiling looking at the big picture.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 12:14 AM)PDub80 Wrote: 2600 yards with 26-9 the year after MVP and coming up way short in the winning department in todays passing league = crashing to me.

He had 3100 yards last year, he just had more passing TDs (also had more passing attempts). He isn’t the type of QB to throw for 4500 yards and he likely never will be. If you want to set your definitional be that sensitive, then okay.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 12:53 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: He had 3100 yards last year, he just had more passing TDs (also had more passing attempts). He isn’t the type of QB to throw for 4500 yards and he likely never will be. If you want to set your definitional be that sensitive, then okay.

In a passing league, with a loaded team he couldn't put up numbers and fell short of expectations by a mile.

No one is winning the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson's formula for QB. But, people would have traded Burrow for him in the blink of an eye after he took the league by storm. Today, those people would look foolish, IMO.

My point is that 1: Burrow's a rookie and looked awesome for a lot of his play. 2: I think it takes several years for anyone to cement themselves as "great", elite, etc. DW had an excellent season, but I'm not interested in a shiny new thing when the Bengals already have a shiny new thing of their own who also has huge potential.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, I would not trade Burrow for Allen.

Man, we absolutely love us some Joe Burrow. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 01:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, we absolutely love us some Joe Burrow. 

It took Allen until his 3rd season to put up a better rating than Burrow did as a rookie. I see no reason to think Joe’s ceiling isn’t higher.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 12:16 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Ceiling wise, I think so for sure. I also think the Bengals are better built for long term success than the Texans. So, yeah, to me Burrow has a higher ceiling looking at the big picture.

Watson isn't likely to be a texan much longer. If he goes to a franchise that can get more than 4 wins out of an elite QB it could get interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 10:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Watson isn't likely to be a texan much longer. If he goes to a franchise that can get more than 4 wins out of an elite QB it could get interesting. 

Oh, for sure!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 01:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, we absolutely love us some Joe Burrow. 

That’s a tough call. Allen really turned the corner this year, and I think he can get better. He has a really strong arm and can make all the throws and has a nice deep throw.

I think Joe us going to grow more too, doesn’t have the arm strength, but his IQ is really high. I don’t know if Allen has the obvious confidence as Joe has though.

Honestly, I think tge Bengals are better set up for future success with Joe because he has 4 years of rookie contract left. Allen is eligible for a contract extension right now which would be costly this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 03:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: That’s a tough call. Allen really turned the corner this year, and I think he can get better. He has a really strong arm and can make all the throws and has a nice deep throw.

I think Joe us going to grow more too, doesn’t have the arm strength, but his IQ is really high. I don’t know if Allen has the obvious confidence as Joe has though.

Honestly, I think tge Bengals are better set up for future success with Joe because he has 4 years of rookie contract left. Allen is eligible for a contract extension right now which would be costly this year.

I get that Allen is a tough call and I'd have to think hard about it. Dude is huge, athletic, has a cannon for an arm, and just led his team to a championship games. Although he just finished his 3rd year in the league, dude is only 6 months younger than JB.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get that Allen is a tough call and I'd have to think hard about it. Dude is huge, athletic, has a cannon for an arm, and just led his team to a championship games. Although he just finished his 3rd year in the league, dude is only 6 months younger than JB.

Yup, I totally agree with you. He’s got a bright future with growth. I think he’s going to get a huge payday, which is the reason I sided with Joe. 2nd contracts and high end QBs really effect personnel decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 03:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: That’s a tough call. Allen really turned the corner this year, and I think he can get better. He has a really strong arm and can make all the throws and has a nice deep throw.

Josh Allen has been a full-time starter for 2 years and he made the playoffs twice, has 2 playoff wins and made it to the AFC Championship game against the world champs.  I realize they are different guys and I wouldn't immediately do a straight up swap (and football is a team sport), but Josh Allen should have more confidence that Burrow at this psychological moment.

I know you don't mean Burrow is confident in a sort of unrealistic and cocky way, but hell...I'm not even sure. We are all pretty convinced Burrow is or will be better than every QB in the league other than Mahommes right now, and his first 3 years as a starting QB are just absurd. I have confidence in Burrow, but I also realize that I'm a fan of a team that hasn't had a winning season in 5 years and I'm pretty sure my 2-win QB is better than everyone except a guy who is record book-smashingly amazing so early in his career. I guess we've got that swagger now.
Reply/Quote
Reported that DW has made an official trade request.

JB and #5OA and he can be in stripes.....maybe.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reported that DW has made an official trade request.

JB and #5OA and he can be in stripes.....maybe.

I'd make that trade if I weren't pretty sure Watson would be miserable here, too.  So since it isn't going to happen I should just delete this post so people don't label me a Burrow-hater.  Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It took Allen until his 3rd season to put up a better rating than Burrow did as a rookie. I see no reason to think Joe’s ceiling isn’t higher.

And without proper coaching, Allen may never have performed as well as he did in 2020. The coaches (and Allen himself) deserve a lot of credit for putting so much into Allen's growth.

I was one who really didn't think he'd become a good NFL QB, and I've been proven wrong this past year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 12:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd make that trade if I weren't pretty sure Watson would be miserable here, too.  So since it isn't going to happen I should just delete this post so people don't label me a Burrow-hater.  Oh well.

Seems like DW's beef is the Texan's do not ask for his input on moves. For all on Cincy's shortcomings they seem to take the QB's thoughts into consideration.

Even though CP9 turned punk, the are numerous examples of out FA doing what he wanted. A couple of the top of my head are Laverneus Coles and TO.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like DW's beef is the Texan's do not ask for his input on moves. For all on Cincy's shortcomings they seem to take the QB's thoughts into consideration.

Even though CP9 turned punk, the are numerous examples of out FA doing what he wanted. A couple of the top of my head are Laverneus Coles and TO.

Yeah, but we have a notably ineffective and inflexible family running things, so I'm not sure if Watson would consider "possibly let Carson have a say in which WR FA's they brought in over a decade ago" would make up for the bad vibes our FO gives off.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone that wouldn’t trade Burrow for Mahomes is out of their mind. Not really even worth talking about though as KC wouldn’t trade him for anything or anyone. And rightly so.

No, I would not trade Burrow for Allen.

Feel the same, not going to happen with Mahomes anyways so moot point.

You roll with Burrow on his rookie contract and fix the OL and we can really see just how good Burrow could be.

No I wouldn't trade Burrow for Allen even if I really like Allen, he would cost us a lot.
Reply/Quote