Poll: Would you trade Higgins for Nick Bosa?
Yes
No
Maybe
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade Higgins for Nick Bosa?
With Bosa wanting an extension and holding out would you trade Tee Higgins for Bosa?
Reply/Quote
Yes a bit of a no brainer... I would think.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely! Dude is an absolute monster at DE. Problem is, what does a top flight DE with his upside, accolades, and skill set go for these days? I would think top flight, All-Pro DEs are getting paid ridiculous money. Not quite QB money, but probably higher than the $25 million per that Higgins some here think he may get. That’s a lot of money but at a premium position.
Reply/Quote
If we did, we would still have to pay him, so it doesn't really solve our salary cap problem for future deals.

We're already pretty deep at DE so making this deal would force our 1st round pick onto the bench for the next 3 years (Hubbard, Hendrickson, and Bosa would all be signed for 3 years)
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 07:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Absolutely! Dude is an absolute monster at DE. Problem is, what does a top flight DE with his upside, accolades, and skill set go for these days? I would think top flight, All-Pro DEs are getting paid ridiculous money. Not quite QB money, but probably higher than the $25 million per that Higgins some here think he may get. That’s a lot of money but at a premium position.

With it becoming a passing league, pass rushers are the most important position on the defense.

I'd love to have him but not for the kind of money he'd command, especially with us working on extending Burrow.

Bosa might be the only one I'd trade Higgins for because I think, with him and Chase, we'll be one of the most dominant offenses in the league. Burrow can make any decent receiver look good, but Higgins is on another level.
Reply/Quote
Of course, but we would be pretty strapped in getting our Burrow and Chase extensions done and bringing back Reader
would probably be out of the question. Not happening, but of course would be for adding the other best End in the league.

Nick Bosa is a stud, always like watching him play.
Reply/Quote
Garrett, JBosa and Watt make 25, 27 and 28M per. If we're talking about paying Higgins 22-25M per year...Bosa is not that far off. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 03:00 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: With Bosa wanting an extension and holding out would you trade Tee Higgins for Bosa?

Ive always valued DEs that can pass rush like Bosa ...higher then very good WRs
If straight up Trade YEP
Reply/Quote
I voted no, but I want to explain why.

The edge depth is (far) better than the WR depth, IMO.

Chase, Boyd and who at WR if Higgins is gone?
Do people really feel comfortable with Irwin and Iosivas outside if one of them were to be long-term starter this year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 07:33 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: If we did, we would still have to pay him, so it doesn't really solve our salary cap problem for future deals.

We're already pretty deep at DE so making this deal would force our 1st round pick onto the bench for the next 3 years (Hubbard, Hendrickson, and Bosa would all be signed for 3 years)

I wasnt looking at it as a way of lowering the salary cap.  I was thinking if Tee and his agent are going to demand 25 million wouldnt it be better for the Bengals to make a trade and pay Bosa that money or a little more.  Bosa is already holding out and the 49ers just signed Taco Charlton.  Who knows, maybe Bosa becomes available for some team willing to make a trade. 
Reply/Quote