Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you trade Mc Carron to the Cowboys ?
And for how much ?

Just asking.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 07:46 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: And for how much ?

Just asking.

Don't we need a backup QB?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not unless it was for a Carson like return and I doubt we would get that, however if I were the Cowboys Id be exploring all options.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Why would the Cowboys decide, "Hey, we really want Cincinnati's unproven backup to fill in for us at QB?"
Reply/Quote
No!!!! We are always one play away from needing our backup QB and you want to trade him away when we finally have one that can likely compete and win? We haven't had that since Kitna....
Reply/Quote

Just asking.

For a second rounder....absolutely 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:01 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Why would the Cowboys decide, "Hey, we really want Cincinnati's unproven backup to fill in for us at QB?"

Besides. Josh Johnson is already out there somewhere, isn't he?
Reply/Quote
anyone thinking the cowboys would give anything for a backup QB with Zero starts is just nuts.
Reply/Quote
First, the Cowboys would not do this. There is no reason to want A.J. McCarron, a guy who has zero NFL experience, to come to your team, learn a new offense, and take over the starting role.

Second, people are saying "Yeah, for a 2nd round pick", and "only for a trade similar to the Palmer trade"? You guys place far too much value on this dude.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:01 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Why would the Cowboys decide, "Hey, we really want Cincinnati's unproven backup to fill in for us at QB?"

Because some continue to think he's a 1st round pick that the coaching staff refuse to use because AD has naked pictures in a safety deposit box of them doing illegal acts .
Reply/Quote

Because Brandon Weeden is their starter for the forseeable future.

But they won't send an offer sheet that Mikey would accept unless they were willing to screw themselves. Which they're not. Probably because they know they're already screwed now and it'd be dumb to screw themselves in the future.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
To quote the Old Man on Pawn Stars, "not just no, but hell no".  Even though I highly doubt the Cowboys would ever consider something like this, why would the Bengals??  Keep in mind, this team is one snap away from McCarron being our starter at any moment... he is also on an extremely team friendly deal, stability at backup, and ability to actually win a game if necessary (not saying there would not be a drop off with McCarron, but he did play well with the "ones" in preseason) is something the Bengals have not had during Dalton's time here.
Reply/Quote

Just asking.

Why?

Our back up QB is as valuable or more valuable than any back up position on our team. I hope we never need him this year, but I am confident with each practice he is getting better. I am more confident in AJ as our backup than any one we have during the Dalton era.

He knows our offense, he knows our receivers. There is no way I would trade him for a 2nd round pick, but no team would offer more than a 4th. In my opinion, he will progress and someday be a starting NFL QB, maybe for us, if not somewhere so in my opinion his role and his upside will never be rewarded to us in a trade this year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nope. He's worth keeping around in case of an injury or we decide to move on from Dalton. If the team was hurting for talent I'd probably trade him but I need to see more from Dalton before I'd be comfortable enough to trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:07 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Because Brandon Weeden is their starter for the forseeable future.

But they won't send an offer sheet that Mikey would accept unless they were willing to screw themselves. Which they're not. Probably because they know they're already screwed now and it'd be dumb to screw themselves in the future.

There are NFL QBs with actual starts and experience that are backups elsewhere I'd go for If I was the Cowboys and chose to go that route. Derek Anderson, Matt Cassell, Josh Freeman, just to name three off the top of my head.
Reply/Quote
Uhh no. I want a backup QB on the roster.

Best we would get is a 3rd or 4th anyway
Reply/Quote
McCarron played well in preseason for us. I'd have to say no. There is a chance he can be a competent back up, and last year we couldn't say that. That's good value for our team, just in case.
Reply/Quote
No I would not Andy might get hurt and we might need AJ this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I realize Brandon Weeden isn't a sexy option at QB, but he's been there for 2 seasons, has starting experience (not GOOD starting experience, but it's there) and he has been running with the first team because Romo apparently gets like 2 days off per week all season. Suggesting they'd put McCarron in over Weeden if we gave him to the Cowboys for free might actually be a stretch.

Why are we talking about even hypothetically trading McCarron anyways? Has Dalton played so well in the first 2 weeks that we are 100% sure we don't need a backup QB now? So we get a 3rd round pick for McCarron and then hope we don't need to get Josh Johnson off the street mid-season?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 01:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize Brandon Weeden isn't a sexy option at QB, but he's been there for 2 seasons, has starting experience (not GOOD starting experience, but it's there) and he has been running with the first team because Romo apparently gets like 2 days off per week all season.  Suggesting they'd put McCarron in over Weeden if we gave him to the Cowboys for free might actually be a stretch.

Why are we talking about even hypothetically trading McCarron anyways?  Has Dalton played so well in the first 2 weeks that we are 100% sure we don't need a backup QB now?  So we get a 3rd round pick for McCarron and then hope we don't need to get Josh Johnson off the street mid-season?

I don't see them getting any better than a 5th for him.  I know that "it moved a little" when we saw McCarron in the 3rd preseason game, but I don't think any other team (or fan base for that matter) think of McCarron the way we do here.  He's still an unproven commodity.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote