Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you trade Mc Carron to the Cowboys ?
No one in the league would give more than a 5th round pick for the guy.
Reply/Quote
Hey, something absurd like all their first round picks for five years and our pick of all their best players, but we know that ain't happening and Pope Francis won't be our starting running back either.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Depends on the offer, but most realistic ones I'd reject. Mainly because if we trade and AD goes down, then were in the same boat as Dallas.

Now if we could "rent" him to them, then I'd be all for that approach.

Draft pick that escalates based on AJ's performance and he comes back at the end/start of the next year. But that will never happen so bah.
Reply/Quote
Well, they get Cassell for a 5th.
Reply/Quote
Cowboys already traded for Matt Cassel.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Figured they would go for him anyways.
They need a vet, not a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 07:46 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: And for how much ?

Just asking.

Uh no, who the hell would be our backup?
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:26 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: No one in the league would give more than a 5th round pick for the guy.

I'd be surprised if anyone even gave that much.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No, not for all the tea in China.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:04 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: First, the Cowboys would not do this.  There is no reason to want A.J. McCarron, a guy who has zero NFL experience, to come to your team, learn a new offense, and take over the starting role.

Second, people are saying "Yeah, for a 2nd round pick", and "only for a trade similar to the Palmer trade"?  You guys place far too much value on this dude.

Its all hypothetical of course but on the other hand, why would we let a backup go who has had plenty of time to learn our system while he was hurt. I know he's unproven but when was the last time we had a backup QB that we felt may still be able to keep this team alive if Dalton goes down? Kitna? so no i wouldnt trade him and Dallas wouldnt try anyway.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 08:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Depends on the offer, but most realistic ones I'd reject. Mainly because if we trade and AD goes down, then were in the same boat as Dallas.

Now if we could "rent" him to them, then I'd be all for that approach.

Draft pick that escalates based on AJ's performance and he comes back at the end/start of the next year. But that will never happen so bah.

You might be on to something here. QB for lease. Dallas pays more if he throws for X amount of times. I like it.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:45 PM)xxlt Wrote: No, not for all the tea in China.

I don't know.  That's worth a lot of Chinese Yuan Renminbi...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:01 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Why would the Cowboys decide, "Hey, we really want Cincinnati's unproven backup to fill in for us at QB?"

That is a really good question
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 10:06 AM)Stewy Wrote: Because some continue to think he's a 1st round pick that the coaching staff refuse to use because AD has naked pictures in a safety deposit box of them doing illegal acts .

lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
so to the people that thought dallas would give up a 2nd or 3rd for an untested backup QB.... how much did they give up for cassell
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 12:05 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: There are NFL QBs with actual starts and experience that are backups elsewhere I'd go for If I was the Cowboys and chose to go that route. Derek Anderson, Matt Cassell, Josh Freeman, just to name three off the top of my head.

Nailed it. Cool
Reply/Quote