Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you trade Mixon for a McCaffrey-like deal?
The Panthers acquired a '23 second rounder, '23 third rounder, '23 fourth rounder, and a '24 fifth rounder from the 49'ers.

Would you take that many draft picks for Mixon? I assume if the answer is yes, then there is a belief that Perine can be the feature back until a new RB is drafted. Is Perine could enough to start for, what we hope, is a contending team?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Panthers acquired a '23 second rounder, '23 third rounder, '23 fourth rounder, and a '24 fifth rounder from the 49'ers.

Would you take that many draft picks for Mixon? I assume if the answer is yes, then there is a belief that Perine can be the feature back until a new RB is drafted. Is Perine could enough to start for, what we hope, is a contending team?

Mixon has less than half the value CMC has
Reply/Quote
In a heartbeat, yes. The drop in production between Perine and Mixon would be negligible.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:06 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Mixon has less than half the value CMC has

That's why it would even be more amazing to land that many picks for him.

Without me looking, I'd also offer that Mixon stays on the field more than McCaffrey. I think?
Reply/Quote
Probably would not right now but after the season yes.

Don't believe Bengals would get that much for him though.

Not knocking Perine but would not want to be that thin at RB for the rest of the season.

Still believe this team can go far and need all our horses.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We'd never get that much for him, but yes, in a heartbeat. SF is going to run up significant ground yardage between Deebo and CMC. However, CMC is going to soon be injured again and SF is going to miss those picks.
Reply/Quote
I'd take a 2nd for Mixon and drive him to the airport myself.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd take a 2nd for Mixon and drive him to the airport myself.

After the season or if the season was lost I would as well, probably a 3rd even

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: After the season or if the season was lost I would as well, probably a 3rd even

I'd do it right now. There is no data available that shows Mixon is above replacement level at this point. The last few weeks blocking win rates and such have increased as we have moved to shotgun and therefor Mixon has "looked better". Joe Mixon is a liability in pass pro and does nothing unique to merit carries over literally any other back at this point. 

This is my chance to remind folks....DON'T GIVE HB's SECOND CONTRACTS.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:06 AM)ATOTR Wrote: Mixon has less than half the value CMC has

Not so sure about that. Talent standpoint, no argument but availability is pretty important and CMC played in 10 games total the past 2 seasons.
Mixon has also run behind a terrible OL the past few seasons as the Bengals runners got hit behind the LOS 52% of the time last season and still had a couple 1200 yard seasons. Is Mixon elite? Not even close but...
Reply/Quote
It's so weird to remember people freaking out about Mixon not being in on the 4th and championship down in February all offseason only to see them ready to run him out on a rail almost 9 months later. H has his issues in pass pro, but there isn't a replacement for him here yet. It would not help them one bit to let him go right now for no return this season.

Joe is running well of late as the o-line continues to gel. His yard totals look meh because they are throwing the hell out of the ball. If they go on a run, he's going to be a significant part of it.
Reply/Quote
Of course.

Reply/Quote
Bengals don't make in season moves like this..... off season I'd be happy with just 1 3rd round for Mixon. That's all he's likely worth.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
If it is a bad team making the offer even better as the picks have more value. Either way Panthers got a good deal.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The Panthers acquired a '23 second rounder, '23 third rounder, '23 fourth rounder, and a '24 fifth rounder from the 49'ers.

Yes. The drop in run production will be almost non-existent considering that Mixon has only had 2 good running games this season and both times we barely ran the ball. But, the gain we'd get in pass blocking from Perine would be more than the drop off we'd get in run production.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'd do it right now. There is no data available that shows Mixon is above replacement level at this point. The last few weeks blocking win rates and such have increased as we have moved to shotgun and therefor Mixon has "looked better". Joe Mixon is a liability in pass pro and does nothing unique to merit carries over literally any other back at this point. 

This is my chance to remind folks....DON'T GIVE HB's SECOND CONTRACTS.

Agree about the second contracts unless they are absolutely elite, Mixon is not and few are. 

Heck I repeatedly said all off season that Mixon had a lot of mileage and a stud RB needed to be added. Plus that this definitely should be his last year even if only for monetary reasons.

Pointed out that RB's could be had for much cheaper with fresher legs and the money could be spent elsewhere on upgrades in FA. 

Not one person on here ever agreed and scoffed that RB was the least of our worries and Mixon was great. 

But if this was done now and Perine got hurt the Bengals would be in big trouble imo. If having a crystal ball and knowing Perine would not get hurt the entire season, hell yes. Just don't want all our eggs in one basket presently especially when it looks like they're finally developing team chemistry..  

Should be noted that myself and seems like Bfine were the only ones on board with releasing Bates and using that $13 million on FA upgrades as well. Could have added a luxury piece for a year with that money and Bengals had already used a 1st round selection on his replacement anyway

Oh well, hindsight. But those ships have sailed and again nobody is giving 4 early draft picks for Mixon anyway, it's a pipe dream

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
SF was only able to pay what they did because they had a bunch of comp picks from losing some of their coaches. I thought they way overpaid when I first saw the trade, but then I found out where the extra picks came from.

Reply/Quote
Can you imagine the disruption to team chemistry if it was even leaked that the Bengals were considering trading Mixon for picks in the middle of what the team believes is an attempt to get back to the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 10:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: But if this was done now and Perine got hurt the Bengals would be in big trouble imo. If having a crystal ball and knowing Perine would not get hurt the entire season, hell yes. Just don't want all our eggs in one basket presently especially when it looks like they're finally developing team chemistry..  

Should be noted that myself and seems like Bfine were the only ones on board with releasing Bates and using that $13 million on FA upgrades as well. Could have added a luxury piece for a year with that money and Bengals had already used a 1st round selection on his replacement anyway

Oh well, hindsight. But those ships have sailed and again nobody is giving 4 early draft picks for Mixon anyway, it's a pipe dream

Not really, the point is any guy of the street can produce at the level of our guys here right now. That is my point, we don't have a back that performs above replacement meaning any person should be about the same. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: SF was only able to pay what they did because they had a bunch of comp picks from losing some of their coaches. I thought they way overpaid when I first saw the trade, but then I found out where the extra picks came from.

Six extra 3rd round comp. picks is exactly why they were able to do it.
Reply/Quote