Poll: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd?
Then draft his replacement this year?
Reply/Quote
Damn good question, love Mixon, but would not be against it if we could pick up another pick and Edwards-Helaire…

Voted yes. What is wrong with me? Been backing Joe all day. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I have to say yes.  If the man wants McCaffrey money, best to let him walk
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should play him his final year on the rookie contract and let him become a Free Agent.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:27 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think the Bengals should play him his final year on the rookie contract and let him become a Free Agent.

I don't follow.  If we can get a 2nd for him now why let him walk in 2021?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't follow.  If we can get a 2nd for him now why let him walk in 2021?

I don't either?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:04 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I have to say yes.  If the man wants McCaffrey money, best to let him walk

This is also my perspective.  Time to possibly find a new RB.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't follow.  If we can get a 2nd for him now why let him walk in 2021?
Get one more year out of him instead of taking a 2nd round. A second is nice, but I think Burrow needs an experienced backfield.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I think the man is worth paying but not anywhere near 16M. I wouldn't go more than 10 at the most and even that is really too much
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Get one more year out of him instead of taking a 2nd round. A second is nice, but I think Burrow needs an experienced backfield.

I hear ya, but I think Burrow could make more use of whomever we take with said high 2nd round pick than 1 year of a RB.  The only reason I could see keeping Mixon would be to lock him up long-term.
Reply/Quote
All day errday. I'd do that trade and draft the replacement somewhere.

Probably not in the 2nd. Too much value.
Reply/Quote
If Rodney Anderson wasn't such a question mark with injuries I would say they don't even need to draft one
Reply/Quote
Need to know how far apart his agent and the team are before answering such a question.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:32 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I think the man is worth paying but not anywhere near 16M.  I wouldn't go more than 10 at the most and even that is really too much

I think Mixon would be just fine with 10 mil to 12 a year. I pay him that.

He is being paid like 1.2 mil right now and if he holds out he would be paid zero dollars so he won't hold out with the new CBA.

But the guy definitely needs to find the end zone more to ask for close to that much.

I just think he is a bit mad being paid way less than Gio who is the lesser RB at this time.
Reply/Quote
If it was a high second I might, but mostly I think a lot of ppl are blowing this Mixon thing out of proportion. Most top RBs hold out in the last year of their deal due to the risk of injury at the position. They want to get a deal while avoiding training camp. I think Joe will sign near the end of camp (like Zeke did) for and avg around 13-14M.

The news happened to break when CMC signed his deal, but he never said he wanted the same exact money. In fact to my knowledge he hasn't publicly said anything about it. How quickly we identify "Burrow won't play for Cincinnati" as anti-Bengal nonsense but don't extend the same benefit of the doubt to Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Get one more year out of him instead of taking a 2nd round. A second is nice, but I think Burrow needs an experienced backfield.

Maybe I'm missing something, but he's threatening to hold out. Sooooo... that's a second rounder (to a team willing to pay him), we pay him, or we let him watch 2020 from his house.

(04-16-2020, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Mixon would be just fine with 10 mil to 12 a year. I pay him that.

He is being paid like 1.2 mil right now and if he holds out he would be paid zero dollars so he won't hold out with the new CBA.

But the guy definitely needs to find the end zone more to ask for close to that much.

I just think he is a bit mad being paid way less than Gio who is the lesser RB at this time.

That's where I'm at. $10-$12, sign him to 3-4 years. If he's willing to sit out 2020 for more, then I'd have to say get something for him.
Reply/Quote
So it's come to this. That was fast. A big year under the Burrow spotlight will likely net us a 3rd round comp pick which isn't a 2nd, but we get the big year and big team success out of it

Is that worth a drop in round with the extra 2021 pick?

I'm in the don't pay a running back big money camp, and believe you can get good ones late with the right system/oline. But if you got a elite one get the 4 years out of him at the very least. Mixon in a contract year may be just what this offense needs to put it over the top.

Mixon doesn't have the wear and tear on the wheels so he has that going for him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:25 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: If it was a high second I might, but mostly I think a lot of ppl are blowing this Mixon thing out of proportion. Most top RBs hold out in the last year of their deal due to the risk of injury at the position. They want to get a deal while avoiding training camp. I think Joe will sign near the end of camp (like Zeke did) for and avg around 13-14M.

The news happened to break when CMC signed his deal, but he never said he wanted the same exact money. In fact to my knowledge he hasn't publicly said anything about it. How quickly we identify "Burrow won't play for Cincinnati" as anti-Bengal nonsense but don't extend the same benefit of the doubt to Mixon.

I agree but when the market resets like it did with McCaffrey, you know the man will be expecting something similar.  I am just assuming the worst, he wants close to 16M a year which is not even worth talking about.  

I would love to know how much he actually wants, but only the Bengals will know that.  

If the Dolphins offered #39 for Mixon I would jump on it
Reply/Quote

Does anybody give up second round picks for RBs?   I'd think it would take some doing to get a fourth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:40 PM)McC Wrote: Does anybody give up second round picks for RBs?   I'd think it would take some doing to get a fourth.

Well, the Colts did give a first for Trent Richardson lol
Reply/Quote