Poll: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd?
(04-16-2020, 11:44 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Well, the Colts did give a first for Trent Richardson lol

You mean all those guys they fired?  Yeah, that was a head scratcher.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Running Backs that could be available in the second round in 2020.

D'Andre Swift
Johnathan Taylor
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Cam Akers

There is no point for a team to trade a second round pick for a running back that has 1 year left on his deal or that will also come with a large contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Get one more year out of him instead of taking a 2nd round. A second is nice, but I think Burrow needs an experienced backfield.

A 2nd is enough for me to part with one year of Mixon, more than just nice.  If things are messy, his value still dictates tagging him next year as the right move but you still have to calculate a holdout or drama.  You can't let him just walk and pass on a A.J. Empensa, Josh Jones, Xavier McKinney, Cesar Ruiz on top of whoever they land at 33.  I don't think we're valuing the overall talent of a high 2nd BPA, especially if it's just experience then trade a mid round pick for solid vet.  More likely in that scenario, worst case there will be a good RB in the 3rd (Dobbins?) or 4th (Moss?).

Only Cincy knows how bad the Mixon situation is, and I don't think anyone is giving up a high 2nd for any RB that may holdout without an extension, or next year if they utilize the tag.  More likely, this offer never comes and Mixon stays in stripes as they dare him to holdout.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:40 PM)McC Wrote: Does anybody give up second round picks for RBs?   I'd think it would take some doing to get a fourth.

Bill O’Brien would probably give up a 2nd rounder for a ham sandwich.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:30 PM)Benton Wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but he's threatening to hold out. Sooooo... that's a second rounder (to a team willing to pay him), we pay him, or we let him watch 2020 from his house.

That's where I'm at. $10-$12, sign him to 3-4 years. If he's willing to sit out 2020 for more, then I'd have to say get something for him.

He isn't sitting out, check out the new CBA in the Mixon thread. In the new CBA players on the last year of their rookie contracts
cannot hold out unless they want to get paid nothing. No way this happens with Mixon especially with Burrow coming in and what
is going on financially around us right now.

Pay him 10-12 mil and he will be more than happy.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Then draft his replacement this year?

If he's set on holding out then yes trade him. Don't need any sour grapes around the team.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Then draft his replacement this year?

WhoDey2  In a New York minute... :drool:  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
actually I voted no. We finally have a back that slams through whatever hole has opened up and he is afraid of no one. He is a bull that we've needed forever! Oh yeah, he is HEALTHY. He will be a big part of our new offense this year, if played! Pay the man 8 mil per year, he'll sign! He's earned it.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:28 AM)RASCAL Wrote: actually I voted no. We finally have a back that slams through whatever hole has opened up and he is afraid of no one. He is a bull that we've needed forever! Oh yeah, he is HEALTHY. He will be a big part of our new offense this year, if played! Pay the man 8 mil per year, he'll sign! He's earned it.

Oh if he would sign for that sure!  I agree.  

Unfortunately none of us know how much he wants
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:36 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Oh if he would sign for that sure!  I agree.  

Unfortunately none of us know how much he wants

has anyone heard anything about what he wants or any rumors?

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:24 AM)RASCAL Wrote: has anyone heard anything about what he wants or any rumors?

Nothing I know of.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 12:15 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He isn't sitting out, check out the new CBA in the Mixon thread. In the new CBA players on the last year of their rookie contracts
cannot hold out unless they want to get paid nothing. No way this happens with Mixon especially with Burrow coming in and what
is going on financially around us right now.

Pay him 10-12 mil and he will be more than happy.

Understood, but if he's committed and willing to make $0, he could sit out 2020. If that's the case, I'm more inclined to trade him if he isn't willing to play for something.
Reply/Quote
Another option would to trade him to the Redskins for Trent Williams.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I voted NO, I would really like to see what he will do in this new Offence.
I think all this Mixon sitting out is just more Bengals bad media bollocks, The boy has never mentioned sitting out.
But here's an idea and with the signing of Patrick on a 3yr deal, Cut Dalton ($17m) and Gio ($8.2m over the next 2yrs, dead cap= $1.3m) and give it to Mixon
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 05:10 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I voted NO, I would really like to see what he will do in this new Offence.
I think all this Mixon sitting out is just more Bengals bad media bollocks, The boy has never mentioned sitting out.
But here's an idea and with the signing of Patrick on a 3yr deal, Cut Dalton ($17m) and Gio ($8.2m over the next 2yrs, dead cap= $1.3m) and give it to Mixon

Gio would cost us 1.3M to cut this year. Plus, we’d have no proven backup.

Reply/Quote
No way. I think everyone on this board and in Bengaldom in general would agree our oline pretty much blew last year, and yet Mixon was still what, 5th, in running backs? Imagine what he can do with an improved line in front of him and opponents not being able to stack the box because Burrow is slinging the ball. Pay the man.... this year, or next, but Mixon his a huge talent.
Reply/Quote
Get an early second rounder for him. Draft Johnathan Taylor with it and be done.
Reply/Quote
I would.
In an instant.

But no one is going to offer an early 2nd round pick for a RB on the last year of his rookie contract who is already demanding a major pay raise.

In a world where nearly every second contract a RB signs ends up being a mistake by the team that gave it to him, who would forfeit the ability to draft a top flight runningback on a rookie deal in exchange for an older RB with more wear and a significantly higher pricetag?

It wouldn't make any sense.
Reply/Quote
I think if Mixon is looking for a substantial raise he picked the wrong time for it. I just don't see millions of fans clamoring to see anyone to suddenly become filthy rich when most fans are out of work.. Perhaps I'm wrong and millions would rather their kids starve than have a lousy team.. Personally I'd settle for the Bengals of the 90s if it kept my family from going hungry..but that's just me.. (not that my family has ever been dependent on the fortunes of the Bengals)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn good question, love Mixon, but would not be against it if we could pick up another pick and Edwards-Helaire…

Voted yes. What is wrong with me? Been backing Joe all day. Mellow

Absolutely, Nate.  And I love what Mixon has done as well, but for a high second round pick?  There is a lot of talent there like CEH, as you mentioned, and they would be on a rookie contract.  

I still think a deal gets done for both Green and Mixon before the deadline, but we would have to have Dalton, Gio, and Williams off the books to do it.  And I think WJIII is on a one year show-me or he will not be re-signed as well and they will go CB in the first round next year.  
Reply/Quote