Poll: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd?
(04-17-2020, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's also got that "to the house" gear that Mixon has been unable to display, thus far.  What I mean is that his top end speed is greater than what his 40 would indicate.

In 2018 Mixon was 2nd in the league in runs of 20+ yards, and 3rd in runs of 40+ yards.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. I wouldn’t think twice about trading Mixon for a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's also got that "to the house" gear that Mixon has been unable to display, thus far.  What I mean is that his top end speed is greater than what his 40 would indicate.

Speaking strictly for myself, I have always run faster when being chased.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If he could be basically traded for Dobbins I would. Other than him or maybe swift, I wouldn't do it
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 10:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Get one more year out of him instead of taking a 2nd round. A second is nice, but I think Burrow needs an experienced backfield.

He would - Gio Bernard
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:14 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I think he’s to good to just replace with anyone. He’s a top 3 back for sure. I’d settle for the LSU running back in the 3rd if he fell though.

Idk about top 3. McCaffrey, Zeke, Chubb, Henry, Barkley...

Mixon is probably more in the 5-7 range.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 01:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry man, but that's just not true.  He averaged 71.06 yards rushing per game, and 17.94 receiving yards per game.  That was good enough for 11th in rushing, and 12th in combined yards/game.

https://fantasyfootballers.org/rb-running-back-nfl-stats/

Gotta beware when some posters use partial stats, to emphasize how great a player did, for a certain portion of the season..
I have to quote Mark Twain that there a 3 kinds of lies.  Lies, damn lies and statistics.  Now I'm NOT calling you a liar. just that I agree with Mark Twain here.  Your negative stats on Mixon completely leave out that The Bengals had THE WORST OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE NFL the last 3 years since we lost Whit and Zeitler.  None of the draft picks have helped in Og, Fish, Price, Jonah.   So BAD they had to bring back Andre Smith who was Awful.  Oh Yes, Cordy was no help from Bills.  The Bengals O Line has been just awful and a HUGE reason for the 3 awful seasons.   Lets add many coaching changes in 2017, then 2018, then 2019.  A revolving door of failed coaches.   So you CAN'T just throw out Stats.  The Stats Lie.  The Truth is Mixon has been the best part of this awful offense as per Game Announcers, but he could use some help.  There is no doubt that Mixon is one of NFL's better RB's.   Say you don't want to pay him, but don't say he isn't good.  Those stats you used DO NOT tell of how bad others on this offense have been.   If Mixon can gain 1,000 yards behind this awful O Line, he might gain 2,000 in a good offense. It's amazing the yards he has gained with Bengals just Awful.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2018 Mixon was 2nd in the league in runs of 20+ yards, and 3rd in runs of 40+ yards.

Yes, he did show the ability to find the open space, but not that extra gear to take it the distance.  I wish I had the information to determine how many of those drives in which the breakaway runs occurred actually resulted in TD, and how many had to settle for FG attempts or worse?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:58 PM)kevin Wrote: I have to quote Mark Twain that there a 3 kinds of lies.  Lies, damn lies and statistics.  Now I'm NOT calling you a liar.

Kevin, the stats are what they are.  You can read them, just the same as I can.  The stats don't lie at all, they tell the entire story.  If Mixon were truly a great talent, then he would have been able to post the same numbers when the line was in serious disarray, as he did in the second half of the season, when the line started working as a unit.  Just the same way if he were really a special talent, he would convert a few of his "breakaway" runs into scoring plays.  He didn't, and he does not.  

I'm not saying that he's a bad player by any stretch, but I'm just saying that he's rather easily replaceable by at least 4-8 backs in any given draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure I get the narrative that I would only trade mixon for a second rounder and that pick had to be a rb. If I could get a good ot and lb or some other stud played at 2 I would absolutely consider trading him. And yes, you can get good rbs later. There are free agent rbs out there that could be part of a committee this year.

I would prefer to keep mixon if his demands are reasonable, but he by no means is irreplaceable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would not; I think Mixon can be a special player and we haven't used him to the best of his ability. I would give him a raise from 1 million to 8 million and then Franchise him year to year until he isn't that good. I'm more worried about years on the contract than the money.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If his demands are reasonable, I say pay him while we have Burrow on a rookie deal. Mixon is going to have a huge season this year and is one of the best RB's in the entire league. I'm not trading that for a second-round pick unless absolutely necessary.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 12:03 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I am astonished that the fans of this team would want to trade a away the heart and soul of our offense over the last few years. This kid was a high 1st round draft pick if not for the incident in college. He has all the tools, mentality and toughness that you can ask for in a player. Why I would agree that a McCaffrey sized contract is out of the question he does deserve somewhere around the 10m area. 10M is doable with a rookie contract for our QB. Look at it this way...WHAT IF he come out this year with no extension (he will play, he loses all monies in the new CBA if he sits out) and rushes for 1400 yards and 500 receiving and scores 15-20 times. Now, you have a McCaffrey type contract staring you in the face.
He probably does deserve a 10 mil/yr contract.

He and his agent can negotiate that next year. This year he's under contract to play for 1.2 mil.

That amount was good when he SIGNED the contract...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
NO WAY IN HELL.. WOW.. way more yes's than no's I'm surprised. You wont found a playmaker like Mixon at RB. He is a pro bowl runningback. We'd be stupid to let him go.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you are probably not going to get a RB near as good as Mixon.

It will be difficult to teplace his production even with a second rounder.  The claim that you can "find a RB anywhere in the draft" is a myth.  Over the last 10 years there have been 27 RBs taken in the second round any only 3 have rushed for more yarsd per game than Mixon.  So you have about a one in ten chance in the second round and the odds get worse later than that.

Fred, 

So you don't think that Clyde Hellaire in Round 2 or D Andre Swift, or JK Dobbins, or Jonathon Taylor or even a Cam Akers could replace the 1,000 yds that Mixon put up??? 

I think you're giving Mixon a bit too much credit. 1,000 yds a year for a RB is common. And, almost certainly, Hellaire and Swift are better route runners and catching the ball than Mixon is. 

Add in the fact that Burrow and Hellaire were best friends on the team, I'd get rid of Mixon in a heartbeat to appease my new Franchise QB for the next several years. 

Even though I love his toughness and leadership qualities, Mixon's shelf life is almost up as an NFL running back. He's already had a scoped knee. 

Give me an extra 2nd to bring in an extra Lineman or LB please...
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:15 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: NO WAY IN HELL.. WOW.. way more yes's than no's I'm surprised. You wont found a playmaker like Mixon at RB. He is a pro bowl runningback. We'd be stupid to let him go.
WhoDey2 I don't remember Joe Mixon going to any Pro Bowl's... Cool  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:15 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: NO WAY IN HELL.. WOW.. way more yes's than no's I'm surprised. You wont found a playmaker like Mixon at RB. He is a pro bowl runningback. We'd be stupid to let him go.

And I think JK Dobbins could easily replace his production and could be drafted in the 2nd. I’d Swift were to drop to 33, he might be BPA and an additional 2nd round pick still allows the Bengals to target a LB, WR, or OL. Or two 2nd round picks would allow the Bengals to trade back up into the late 1st round to get a player they covet, but don’t think will make it to 33.

If Mixon wants to thank the Bengals for taking a chance on him in the 2nd round by threatening to hold out, fine. More power to him. But, I’d rather trade him now and get a viable replacement than deal with a Le’Veon Bell hold out or pay him big money and deal with a Le’Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, or Devonte Freeman situation.
Reply/Quote
Id rather keep Mixon than keep AJ.

Burrow will make any WR look like AJ, and TATE will be the man! Joe
Reply/Quote
Guaranteeing buckets of money to a RB is a recipe for disaster.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 01:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And I think JK Dobbins could easily replace his production and could be drafted in the 2nd. 

I am sure you do believe that.  In fact I could make quite a list of all the 2nd round RBs people are touting as "just as good as Mixon".

Unfortunately most of you are wrong.  History shows that only about one in ten 2nd round RBs produce like Mixon.  I know you all think you are draft experts, but the truth is you are no better than the men who make their living evaluating talent for NFL teams.  

You would have to get real lucky to replace Mixon with a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote