Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade pick 5 if it meant losing your guy
(04-25-2021, 11:24 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm thinking of the scenario where QB goes 123 and then Atlanta takes Pitts. Sewell and Chase are both on the board and either Detroit wants to move up from 7 to get they're Wr or Denver wants to come up from 9 to get a QB.  

I think this affects the Chase guys more because he's likely the one to be gone or you could just take next available OT if sewell is gone. But is an extra day 2 pick worth giving up on Chase/Sewell.

The other question I have is how far you'd trade back and what suprise pick would you make if we found ourselves in the pick 20 range? We all know how deep this draft is at OL and I think its deeper than people want to admit at WR. I think we find ourselves in a truly unique situation with potentially 4 QBs going off the board in order, the top wide receivers and top Tackles taking up most of the top 10 - 15 picks. Plus with depth at linebacker they're could be some guys in the mid to late 1st rd that wouldn't be there in any other year. We could take the kind of game changing linebacker that are hard to come all while stock piling day 2 picks. Even if we managed just an extra 2nd and 3rd pick. That would give us 2 OL,DE and WR. So would you do it and what player would you target.

I'd go Zaven Collins LB Tulsa. He looks like a game changer. His highlights just make me think Burfict but with out all BS. Plus he has a knack for getting after the Quarterback.

I'd be fine trading back to 7, 9, or even 15 (Patriots).
This is because I think the Bengals could use more early-round picks, and they can get a different WR or OL at 7, 9, or 15 if Chase and Sewell are gone.
Some guys I like other than Chase, Sewell, or Pitts:
- Rashawn Slater, OT Northwestern
- Jaylen Waddle, WR Alabama
- Christian Darrisaw, OT Virginia Tech

I'd maybe consider Vera-Tucker at 15 if all of Slater, Waddle, and Darrisaw were gone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 10:16 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Honestly, as good as I think Chase, Pitts, and Sewell are, the odds are that trading down and accumulating more picks is the way to go. The more shots you get at drafting guys, the better your chances are that more of them pan out.

I agree with you in general, with the exception of being in a spot where there is an elite prospect available.  In this draft there are 4.  I wouldn't move off that spot because this team needs high end players just as much as regular starters.

The nice thing is that our biggest needs are O-line (specifically interior) and playmakers.  The interior o line will have top end guys available in round 2.
Reply/Quote
Teddy Bridgewater just traded to the Broncos for a 6th round pick might kill any possible trade back for the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote