Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade the #3 pick for Sean Payton?
My first reaction would be hell no - Sewell is too much to give up for a coach but I think I actually would. He’s still young and has proven to be a great offensive coach. Can you imagine Payton with Burrow and the young WRs that the Bengals have?

Will never happen but what else is there to do but day dream during this mess of a season?
Reply/Quote
If I were the Saints, it would probably take 5 years of first round draft picks before I even lift my ear about a trade for Payton
Reply/Quote
Only if you're guaranteed at least 5 years of Sean Payton before he leaves to go back to the Saints or wherever else.

He only has 2021 and 2022 left on his contract and I don't see a chance in hell that the Brown/Blackburn clown show will be willing to shell out the $9m/yr that he currently makes to extend him even if he wanted to stay.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not unless he's bringing Mickey Loomis (Saints GM) with him, or comes packaged with another qualified hire.

If it is Sean Payton + GM then yeah, no question I take this deal.
Reply/Quote
Sean Peyton seems like a pretty big jerk and being traded here would probably make him extremely upset.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hell no.
Reply/Quote
Talk about a raw deal for Sean Payton. Not only does he have to work for one of the worst owners in sports, but he loses out on his 1st round pick right off the bat. Definitely a challenge for him.
Reply/Quote
No, but I’d consider hiring Wink Martindale or a solid OC with play calling duties for HC.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 05:08 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Talk about a raw deal for Sean Payton. Not only does he have to work for one of the worst owners in sports, but he loses out on his 1st round pick right off the bat. Definitely a challenge for him.

I get what you’re saying cause the bengals suck and all, but there are worse things that could happen to an NFL coach than going from a Drew Brees- a great QB in probably his last year or two and immediately landing on a team with a young QB like Burrow in his 2nd year. If Burrow is what we hope he is then it’s not the worst thing that could happen to Payton despite the ownership/FO’s incompetence

That said I’m not giving up the 3rd pick for a coach. If we can trade down I’d give them a mid 1st and keep our extra picks then sure
Reply/Quote
I would not, but I would trade 35?
Reply/Quote
Of course I would. People have to quit acting like Sewell is the only OT in this deep tackle draft (maybe folks haven't done their homework yet so they just don't realize this).

Also our 1st round picks have a horrible history of being injured and injury prone. I'd argue we should trade the picks more often given our "luck" (obviously not when we are picking top 15).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yes, Sewell has zero snaps in NFL and could be avg in the NFL, we know Sean is a great coach.. and a great coach can improve the team better than a great prospect
Reply/Quote
no, I like Payton but that's way too much to give up.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 05:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Of course I would. People have to quit acting like Sewell is the only OT in this deep tackle draft (maybe folks haven't done their homework yet so they just don't realize this).

Also our 1st round picks have a horrible history of being injured and injury prone. I'd argue we should trade the picks more often given our "luck" (obviously not when we are picking top 15).

Yeah, the fact that people want a generational talent, who’s hands down the best non-QB in the draft must mean they just don’t know anything about the other prospects...what an annoying take.

I personally would be happy to get Eichenberg if we miss out on Sewell, but just because it’s a great OT class doesn’t mean you’re getting the same level of prospect in the 2nd round as you would in the top 10.

As to the OP? No. Payton is a great coach, but I’m not trading a #3OA for him.

Reply/Quote
I guess the question you should really ponder is, "can any coach win a SB here?" I think the way the FO is currently, it doesn't matter who the coach is. Yes, Marvin was successful in many ways, but hell, he couldn't even win a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
I would and then hope we pick 4th. Whoever has #3 might be a little pissed though.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
You don't trade a Top 5 pick for a Coach. Just don't do it.

Not sure how long Payton will be around for either coaching.
Reply/Quote
Interesting to see the opinions as it looks like it’s 50/50. I guess I should have figured out how to do a poll.
Reply/Quote
I say we trade it for Sean McVey’s current QB coach and take a chance.
Reply/Quote