Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade the #3 pick for Sean Payton?
Is a Hall of Fame coach, and a 2nd round LT like the last great one we had just as good for this franchise as one generational talent.

Best case scenario we trade out the spot and pick up extra picks. We have too many holes and not enough picks as it is (they are at least high). So I'm avoiding the Sewell or bust 1st round scenarios.

He'd be a great pick. But I'd give up a 1OA for a Hall of Fame HC. It's that important.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Whit was amazing to get in 2nd round. The other 2 greatest offensive linemen we’ve ever had were both top 10 picks...

Reply/Quote
It will never matter who the HC is, if they still have a family of attorneys and a glamourized towel boy making the football decisions at the top.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 04:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My first reaction would be hell no - Sewell is too much to give up for a coach but I think I actually would. He’s still young and has proven to be a great offensive coach.  Can you imagine Payton with Burrow and the young WRs that the Bengals have?

Will never happen but what else is there to do but day dream during this mess of a season?

Absolutely not.  

I would only trade that pick of a QB-needy team offers a significant haul AND the Bengals don't have to drop very far in the first round with the initial pick swap.  Even then, I think Sewell is such a no-brainer that I fear a Bo Jackson-like curse if they don't take him.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 04:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not unless he's bringing Mickey Loomis (Saints GM) with him, or comes packaged with another qualified hire.

If it is Sean Payton + GM then yeah, no question I take this deal.

That would be hysterical if a GM traded himself
Reply/Quote