no
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you vote for a Muslim for POTUS?
(11-07-2015, 09:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Nope. 

But I would vote for a Christian.

Likewise, I would vote for a Muslim, but not for an ISIS member.

Until Islam goes through a reformation they will be one in the same.

Like bfine said .... Does anyone want an Old Testament christian running the show.

These are way different
(11-07-2015, 09:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Until Islam goes through a reformation they will be one in the same.    

Bullshit. Quit using stereotypes as a crutch. 
(11-07-2015, 09:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: No. 

This is easy.

Any more?

Just seems odd that you would vote for one as long as they supported what you did and would not the other. The Islamic religion is very oppressive, yet you could overlook this as long as he agrees with your policies.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-07-2015, 09:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Likewise, I would vote for a Muslim, but not for an ISIS member.

Seems a Muslim would be the most likely candidate to vote for as an ISIS member.

(11-07-2015, 09:45 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like everyone else has stated, I would vote for a Muslim candidate IF they didn't try to force their religion upon the country the same as any other faith. But, you keep trying to frame the debate by painting the hypothetical candidate as someone who would do exactly what people keep telling they wouldn't support. Stop it. 

Well then I guess I'm missing the point of the OP. I guess he should have just asked: "Would you vote for a candidate that supported everything you do?"
Seems the obvious debate is to consider the beliefs of the Muslim faith. Apparently there was another purpose for the OP.

(11-07-2015, 09:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Bullshit. Quit using stereotypes as a crutch. 

Do you think that a reformation is a good thing?
(11-07-2015, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then I guess I'm missing the point of the OP. I guess he should have just asked: "Would you vote for a candidate that supported everything you do?"
Seems the obvious debate is to consider the beliefs of the Muslim faith. Apparently there was another purpose for the OP.

these guys are the kings of loaded questions. Then they get mad when you answer with a complete thought then flip it on them. Thats when the insults and foul language begin.
(11-07-2015, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just seems odd that you would vote for one as long as they supported what you did and would not the other. The Islamic religion is very oppressive, yet you could overlook this as long as he agrees with your policies.

Same as I could overlook a Christian.  But not over look someone who is an active member of a hate group.  

Easy questions.

Or do you want to equate Muslims and hate groups?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-07-2015, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then I guess I'm missing the point of the OP. I guess he should have just asked: "Would you vote for a candidate that supported everything you do?"

There's a surprise.   LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-07-2015, 10:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: Same as I could overlook a Christian.  But not over look someone who is an active member of a hate group.  

Easy questions.

Or do you want to equate Muslims and hate groups?

They teach hate in their Hadiths. So until there is a reformation....
Saying that "the Islamic religion is very oppressive" is like saying that the Christian religion is oppressive. There are oppressive Muslims, as there are oppressive Christians. There are moderate Muslims and even Muslims who wouldn't call for gays to be killed or women to be treated as lesser people. I wouldn't call Christianity an oppressive religion anymore than I would Islam. That doesn't mean that throughout the world there isn't a wide gamut of people of many religions who can fall under different degrees of oppressiveness. There are Christians in Africa who murder gays and publicly intimidate and incite violence in many ways against many things. There are black Muslims in America who would neither mistreat women nor be intimidating toward gays (although I'm sure some of them do exist who would do those things). It would be unfair to many Muslims to be painted with such a broad brush. There are many Muslim countries where the culture is the issue when it comes to how we perceive their flaws, not really the religion.

As far as klansmen for President:
Unless there's a wide spectrum of "klanism" that maybe I'm not aware of, are we not talking about a fairly homogeneous group with the same set of beliefs? Is it even possible to be a klan member and have beliefs like all Americans are equal, liberty and justice for all, etc.? I am not sure how someone can claim to be a klan member and still be consistent with equality for everyone. Hypothetically speaking it would be interesting to see such a thing exist, but that's enough of this funny exercise.

Therefore, I would judge the candidate on the merit of his beliefs, in the sense of how he carries them in his actions, especially considering that many religions have an umbrella of beliefs that are picked and chosen by their believers.
(11-07-2015, 10:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: these guys are the kings of loaded questions.   Then they get mad when you answer with a complete thought then flip it on them.  Thats when the insults and foul language begin.

The premise of the thread is a mystery; as you cannot bring the beliefs of Muslims into the equation.

As I said: I could support a President of the Muslim faith, as I am conservative. I just find it ironic that every liberal in this thread would as well.

(11-07-2015, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The premise of the thread is a mystery; as you cannot bring the beliefs of Muslims into the equation.

As I said: I could support a President of the Muslim faith, as I am conservative. I just find it ironic that every liberal in this thread would as well.

I know some Muslims that would make dino look like an überconservative. Likewise, I know Muslims that would make you look like an überliberal. There is a variety within their community, just as there is in Christendom.
(11-07-2015, 11:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know some Muslims that would make dino look like an überconservative. Likewise, I know Muslims that would make you look like an überliberal. There is a variety within their community, just as there is in Christendom.

I suppose you acquaintances support my primary question: What is the point of the thread then?

I'll just say (your friends aside), If a few more liberals visited countries led by Muslims they might change their vote.

(11-07-2015, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose you acquaintances support my primary question: What is the point of the thread then?

I'll just say (your friends aside), If a few more liberals visited countries led by Muslims they might change their vote.

That would be because those Muslims in favor of Islamic government are often the more conservative of the religion. Many Muslims living in western societies do not favor such governance.
(11-07-2015, 11:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That would be because those Muslims in favor of Islamic government are often the more conservative of the religion. Many Muslims living in western societies do not favor such governance.
So there is a difference between countries having Muslims and those ruled by them?
How many western societies are governed by Muslims?

(11-07-2015, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So there is a difference between countries having Muslims and those ruled by them?
How many western societies are governed by Muslims?

There is a difference between religious rule and secular rule.

I do not know how many elected officials in western societies are Muslim. Since most western societies involve a representative democracy it would be hard to know.
(11-07-2015, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems a Muslim would be the most likely candidate to vote for as an ISIS member.

Seems a white Christian from the south would be the most likely candidate to vote for a Klansman. So what?
(11-08-2015, 12:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a difference between religious rule and secular rule.

I do not know how many  elected officials in western societies are Muslim. Since most western societies involve a representative democracy it would be hard to know.

I didn't ask how many Western Countries have Muslim elected officials. I asked how many western countries are governed (led) by Muslims.

(11-08-2015, 12:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a difference between religious rule and secular rule.

This right here. Secularism is what tempers religious extremism.