no
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you vote for a Muslim for POTUS?
(11-08-2015, 01:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why not, the faiths are exactly the same at the base level; belief in God. We just differ on the way to get there, but when you strip away all the rhetoric all that he requires is for you to believe in him.

Considering they are both Abrahamic Faiths, it's a shame there's so much fighting over it.
I would prefer that the president be a rational man without imaginary friends, but if the political ideas and plan for the country are good, I would not hold back on voting for a Muslim or any other religion for that matter. I would wager that a Muslim would have incredibly conservative ideas due to religious influence though, so he probably wouldn't have a very good plan for the country.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Acording to tinfoil hat conservatives, I already have voted for a Muslim.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(11-08-2015, 11:04 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I favor government that is based on a separation of church and state.

So you support Assad vs the rebels then.
(11-08-2015, 01:47 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Acording to tinfoil hat conservatives, I already have voted for a Muslim.

Na you have voted atheist though... . He just won't admit where he true feelings lay.

Obama's love of all things Muslim comes from the liberal idea that we can get people to like us by never pointing out that they are nutters.
Now for those who vote yes .....would it matter which Hadiths the Muslim candidate follows?

And for a christian candidate would it matter if they followed the Old Testament and disregarded the New? And if so why or why not?
I voted no but I'm not as pc correct as others are.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(11-08-2015, 12:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's not true at all.  Even Lucie wrote it would depend upon the candidate's policies which mirrored what "every liberal" stated as well. 

Yes it's shocking considering all of you think I am some Muslim hater lol
(11-08-2015, 02:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I voted no but I'm not as pc correct as others are.

Haha awesome.
(11-08-2015, 02:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I voted no but I'm not as pc correct as others are.

So it doesn't matter what else they run on...solely their religion?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-08-2015, 02:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha awesome.

It isnt a simple no though. There is a lot to consider imo when looking at the big picture in the modern day geo-political world out there. I should have noted that and no need to blabber on , but that would be my biggest reason overall.

That said if the Muslim running was a woman, I would vote yes to rub it in those countries that institute Sharia law that suppresses women's rights.

(11-08-2015, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: So it doesn't matter what else they run on...solely their religion?

I think it does depends on what parts of their religion they follow.

The danger with Muslims is that it's basically all Old Testament with some really bad and dangerous Hadiths. Which is why they need a reformation .

Most western Muslims have moved this way supporting a reformation.

I certainly wouldn't vote for a christian who follows the Old Testament and disregards the New.

This is why this question is hairy . There are too many variables.
(11-08-2015, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: So it doesn't matter what else they run on...solely their religion?

For this particular hypothetical for the President of the United States, the 'realism' in me votes no. If it was congressman, senator, governor, mayor, local county sheriff, school board, then sure. Should be noted I wouldn't vote for an oldschool Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc if their religion trumped our constitution in their policies. There is a lot to consider though with the world's current political climate. 

(11-08-2015, 02:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Na you have voted atheist though... .   He just won't admit where he true feelings lay.  

Obama's love of all things Muslim comes from the liberal idea that we can get people to like us by never pointing out that they are nutters.

Obama has a strange way of showing his love for "all things Muslim" by ordering military operations directed at radical Muslim Jihadists in at least 3 different countries and covert military and CIA operations in at least 2 more not to mention the detainees in Guantanamo who are being held without due process.
(11-08-2015, 04:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obama has a strange way of showing his love for "all things Muslim" by ordering military operations directed at radical Muslim Jihadists in at least 3 different countries and covert military and CIA operations in at least 2 more not to mention the detainees in Guantanamo who are being held without due process.

Calls acts of jihad ..... Work place violence

And the list goes on.... This administration is afraid to call out Muslims when they do stupid stuff.   Yet they have no issue calling out a christian.   If you don't see the double standard then you have just decided to place your head in the sand.

I know I am tough on Muslims in general but this is just reality. They make endless excuses for them.
(11-08-2015, 01:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I was under the assumption that the person's beliefs might have some weight in the decision. Outside of that I see no reason for the thread.

WTS, I am done with the back and forth. All I said was "I found it ironic the every liberal said they would vote for a Muslim" and I think if they are being totally honest (and despite their awesomeness) the candidate's religious beliefs would have an impact on their decision making process regardless what candidate promised to do.

You can make an argument that their morality is based on their religion, but we've had many presidents who didn't try to enforce their religion.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-08-2015, 04:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Calls acts of jihad ..... Work place violence

And the list goes on.... This administration is afraid to call out Muslims when they do stupid stuff.   Yet they have no issue calling out a christian.   If you don't see the double standard then you have just decided to place your head in the sand.

I know I am tough on Muslims in general but this is just reality.   They make endless excuses for them.

Examples of the Obama administration calling out Christianity? 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-08-2015, 02:46 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Now for those who vote yes .....would it matter which Hadiths the Muslim candidate follows?  

And for a christian candidate would it matter if they followed the Old Testament and disregarded the New?   And if so why or why not?

Christians follow both the Old and the New Testament.  Let's not pretend like they just follow the OT and disregard the NT.
(11-08-2015, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes it's shocking considering all of you think I am some Muslim hater lol

(11-07-2015, 09:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Until Islam goes through a reformation they will be one in the same.    

Considering you wrote being a Muslim and being a member of ISIS are one and the same and you frequently call them savages it isn't shocking at all.  You have worked hard to earn your reputation.  You deserve it.
(11-07-2015, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Would you ever vote for a Muslim for President?

Would he have to jump through any hoops or disavow his religion before you would vote for him?

Yes, if he's as much a Muslim as the last 44 presidents were Christian. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]