no
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you vote for a Muslim for POTUS?
(11-07-2015, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I would; however, I am surprised that those that identify as liberal would. Islam pretty much goes against everything they support.

Christianity is against same sex marriage, equal standing for women, and many other things liberals support, yet every President in the history of the US has been a christian.

think about it.
(11-07-2015, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Christianity is against same sex marriage, equal standing for women, and many other things liberals support, yet every President in the history of the US has been a christian.

think about it.

Yes and Christians believe in Christ and prescribe to the New Testament. The books that speak more about love and understanding. Islam pretty much rolls with the Old Testament.

Just find it ironic that liberals would support someone whose beliefs are steeped so much in the Old Testament.

You should have asked Atheist...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-07-2015, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I would; however, I am surprised that those that identify as liberal would. Islam pretty much goes against everything they support.

Pretty much my biggest difference with the Muslim faith is Salvation through Jesus

You bring up a good point. There are some who believe that the Islamic extremists big issue is with Christians, like there is a long-standing religious feud about who is right. But from most of what I have been seeing, the big issue for the neo-extremists is Western society in general which they see as godless and immoral. Their issues with Jews has little to do with Jewish faith and almost everything to do with Israel 'taking' the lands of the Muslim Palestinians.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-07-2015, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Would you ever vote for a Muslim for President?

I didn't vote for the last one.
Ninja

Seriously though... I'd vote for them if I liked their policies.
(11-07-2015, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes and Christians believe in Christ and prescribe to the New Testament. The books that speak more about love and understanding. Islam pretty much rolls with the Old Testament.

Just find it ironic that liberals would support someone whose beliefs are steeped so much in the Old Testament.

You should have asked Atheist...

If liberals defending it, conservatives attack it and vice versa; the actual nature of the "thing" involved is irrelevant.  Islam is odd because it boils down to conservatives attacking conservatism while liberals defend it against conservatives.

No gay marriage, no abortion, no gun control, and politics based heavily upon the most popular religion in the country; this is pretty much a right-wing paradise on paper and yet they believe we need to intervene and save those maniacal savages from this repulsive government.  Meanwhile, liberals defend them, or something.

Ida know.  Labels mean everything.  It's like knowing deep down that in a parallel dimension Carson Palmer demanded a trade from the Browns, Ray Lewis was on the Bengals, and Vontaze Burfict was a Steeler and seeing how that completely shifts the way Bengals/Steelers/Ravens/Browns fans look at each of them.

Pretty much my biggest difference with the Muslim faith is Salvation through Jesus

Are they going to be able to create laws based on their personal, religious beliefs?  No?  Then it doesn't matter.

I know Christians that support SSM.  Can't see why a Muslim couldn't support women's rights too, for example.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I would vote for a Muslim if their policies were good, while simultaneously mocking their goofy belief system.

Same for all religious folks.
(11-07-2015, 07:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are they going to be able to create laws based on their personal, religious beliefs?  No?  Then it doesn't matter.

I know Christians that support SSM.  Can't see why a Muslim couldn't support women's rights too, for example.

Muslims are generally pretty devout in their faith; how many Muslim countries you been to? To suggest one would run for President and not advocate his religious beliefs might be a little naive. I just find it to be ironic that liberals are lining up to pledge their support for someone whose beliefs strongly go against everything they fight for. I guess they are saying "We would vote him, if he wasn't a Muslim that stood by his faith.

(11-07-2015, 07:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Muslims are generally pretty devout in their faith; how many Muslim countries you been to? To suggest one would run for President and not advocate his religious beliefs might be a little naive. I just find it to be ironic that liberals are lining up to pledge their support for someone whose beliefs strongly go against everything they fight for. I guess they are saying "We would vote him, if he wasn't a Muslim that stood by his faith.

How many elected Muslims do we have now and how many have started fighting for laws based on their faith?

I answered personally that if their platform and policies were something I agreed with I'd have no problem voting for them no matter what they religion is.

Seem a lot simpler than you want to make it.
(11-07-2015, 08:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: How many elected Muslims do we have now and how many have started fighting for laws based on their faith?

I answered personally that if their platform and policies were something I agreed with I'd have no problem voting for them no matter what they religion is.

Seem a lot simpler than you want to make it.

So you would vote for one if he renounced sharia law.

(11-07-2015, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you would vote for one if he renounced sharia law.

I would vote for one who had policies and a platform I agreed with.  As no one has ever tried to enforce Sharia law, and the POTUS could not, its a moot point.
Muslims run the gamut of diversity in picking and choosing from and interpreting their scriptures just like most Christians. Especially since we are talking about politicians here I'm sure that a majority of these hypothetical candidates will tailor their views to public opinion just as much as the current "christian" candidates do.
New Question:

Would you vote for a Klansman for President?

(11-07-2015, 08:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: I would vote for one who had policies and a platform I agreed with.  As no one has ever tried to enforce Sharia law, and the POTUS could not, its a moot point.

Tried to get sharia courts in Dallas
(11-07-2015, 08:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: New Question:

No.
(11-07-2015, 09:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.

Even if he had policies and a platform you agreed with?

:threadjack:
(11-07-2015, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even if he had policies and a platform you agreed with?

No. 

This is easy.

Any more?
(11-07-2015, 07:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Muslims are generally pretty devout in their faith; how many Muslim countries you been to? To suggest one would run for President and not advocate his religious beliefs might be a little naive. I just find it to be ironic that liberals are lining up to pledge their support for someone whose beliefs strongly go against everything they fight for. I guess they are saying "We would vote him, if he wasn't a Muslim that stood by his faith.

So basically you're suggesting the hypothetical candidate would be the Muslim version of Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, etc.

No thanks. 

Like everyone else has stated, I would vote for a Muslim candidate IF they didn't try to force their religion upon the country the same as any other faith. But, you keep trying to frame the debate by painting the hypothetical candidate as someone who would do exactly what people keep telling they wouldn't support. Stop it. 

Nope. 

But I would vote for a Christian.

Likewise, I would vote for a Muslim, but not for an ISIS member.