Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you
First or all, having a franchise quarterback is worth more than the quarterback's weight in gold in the NFL. Here are the starting quarterbacks in the league:

Franchise Quarterbacks that the teams are happy with (14 players):
Tom Brady, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck (even after the 2015 campaign), Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, Tony Romo (but definitely in the market), Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan (even after this crappy season), Carson Palmer and Russell Wilson.

Franchise Quarterbacks that are marginal (3):
Matthew Stafford, Jay Culter and Ryan Tannehill.

Quarterbacks that might be future Franchise Quarterback (8):
Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Kirk Cousins, Brock Osweiler and Tyrod Taylor.

Quarterbacks that are either Game Managers and/or "Guy Keeping the Car Warm" (3):
Alex Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick (slightly better version of Jon Kitna), Brian Hoyer (Jon Kitna 2.0)

Teams with major quarterback issues (4):
Browns (Johnny Football)
49ers (Blaine Gabbert)
Rams (Case Keenum)
Eagles (Sam Bradford)

Basically going into 2016 there are 4 teams that are desperate for a QB (Browns, 49ers, Rams and Eagles), 3 teams looking for an upgrade at QB (Texans, Bills and Jets even after the career year from Fitzpatrick), and the Cowboys are looking for a future QB post-Tony Romo. Every year there are around 8 teams looking for a QB....but there are never 8 starting quarterbacks in a draft. This is why trading McCarron or Dalton might not be a bad idea.

If McCarron is "Dilfer-ing" his way to playoff wins, then trade him for a 1st round draft pick at a minimum. If no team bites, then keep him. Have a legit Dalton vs McCarron QB fight for the job in 2016.

If McCarron leads the team to a Super Bowl (win or lose) and he shows to be a legit starter in this league, then trade Dalton for at least two 1st round draft picks at a minimum (Hue Jackson's wet kiss 2.0). If no team bites, then keep him. Again have a legit Dalton vs McCarron QB fight for the job 2016.

If any team does bite on getting McCarron, then the Bengals can add another legit player via draft.

If any team does bite on getting Dalton, then the Bengals can "really" add some legit players via draft and save a butt-ton of money in cap space and maybe keep most of the UFAs that the Bengals want.

This is a great problem to have. I like Dalton and I like McCarron. But in the end, it's business.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:34 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: the part where that haircut translates into big game wins.

appreciate the way he's played this year, but he still has a hell of a lot to prove in terms of primetime / big game situations.  taking that bullshit wedding ring off just for the sake of it giving him slightly better grip would be a start.  but he's shown he has bigger priorities, namely the perception of others on non football related performance issues.

The ring is on his left hand yo.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 01:34 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: the part where that haircut translates into big game wins.

appreciate the way he's played this year, but he still has a hell of a lot to prove in terms of primetime / big game situations.  taking that bullshit wedding ring off just for the sake of it giving him slightly better grip would be a start.  but he's shown he has bigger priorities, namely the perception of others on non football related performance issues.

You're just pickin nits. 

The wedding ring Isn't an issue. 

The hair style, which is very very common, isn't an issue in football. 

And I haven't gotten the impression that Andy seeks the limelight. 

None of this makes much sense. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
There's no reason to trade McCarron. We still need a backup QB cause what happened this year can happen again.

If he somehow leads the offense to a playoff win, then great.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 02:23 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Getting ahead of myself here . But bored so why not ..

If aj mccarron was go win the wild card game and divisional game then lost in the afc championship to whomever..

Would you want aj to be traded away?  Alot of people say andy is our guy and by his stats and numbers I don't disagree.  But I really like what aj brings to the table . He doesnt get rattled and he has that fire and cockiness i think we all wish dalton had. I think he has intangables dalton did not posess at these stages in his career.

All I see on twitter are fans saying to bring hue as their head coach along with ajm

So given the circumstances  would you be ok with trading away aj and if so what would your price Have to be .

If someone offered a pick as high as early second round, I would strongly consider it.  Then, draft another QB in Round 5 and try to develop him as well.  This isn't a slight on McCarron, but if he is going to be a FA in one more year and command more money than the Bengals can afford on the open market getting a second round pick that could turn in to an impact player makes a lot of sense.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 04:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Depends. Trade for what? I'd take no less than a third rounder, but no GM in their right mind would pay that much for a guy like McCarron at this point.

I'm not so sure.  The hottest QBs coming on to FA this next year are guys like Kirk Cousins.  McCarron will have seen significant game action (and in pretty damn big games, likely a playoff game as well) and has had time to learn in the NFL for two full seasons.  Drafting a QB starts at ground zero.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:25 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Keep in mind i said he would go to the afc championship and lose . I would think his value would sky rocket if he played well in those games but I don't know that the bengals would want to get rid of the guy that broke the playoff drought ..

Yes, it would.  As far as "getting rid of" it is a matter of value.  A fairly high (upper third) second round pick is pretty valuable.  The Bengals would be faced with re-signing him after next season anyways.  If they offer a second round tender, they have to pay him quite a bit more.   And I think some team would offer quite a lot for him.  

Maybe it is just me, but he seems tailor-made as a QB for the Texans.  
Reply/Quote

Look who else where's a wedding ring...You're reaching. 

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote