Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow Bengals open -1.5 @ Tenn
(11-20-2022, 10:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Got to admit that surprises me.

Home field, Titans have a solid defense that kept KC in check and that is the ruler by which all offenses are measured.  I never bet on the Bengals (not because I don't believe in them, but it makes the game less fun and I don't want to double lose ever), but that looks like free money.  Titans running away with their division and Bengals still need to be hungry to catch the lucky-as-f* ratbirds. 

Edit:  I hope Jesse Bates swings by to say hello to Tannehill before the game, just to mess with him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:19 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Titans defense is very good. It will be a tough test for offense. We beat them in the playoffs because Tannehill had a bad game if I recall including fumbling a snap.

Yes, but Cinci. made great defensive plays on all 3 picks. Bates made a great read and pick on the 1st int. , Hilton made a great leap and deflection and catch on the 2nd one and Apple got his hand in to deflect the 3rd one.If it was an All Pro CB that made that deflection then all we would hear would be what a great defensive play it was to get his hand in there.

They certainly weren't of the 2 that Larry Brown of the Cowboys made against the Steelers in SBXXX back in 1995 that were literally thrown right to him as if he was playing catch on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: They will be looking for revenge due that we knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

[Image: RXETBI6PDJAXXDVPZRV6X4WZUY.png]

With revenge as their battle cry, it will make the win that much sweeter. 

Chase may be back as well 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm not as worried about this game as I was before the Pittsburgh game. Showing we can handle that DL gave me a lot of confidence in our offensive line.

Plus the Titans are going to be without their stud DL Denico Autry and they got some weird stuff going on with their OC and the DUI thing.

I feel pretty good about this game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:54 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Yep. I know it's a cliche but they need to slow down Henry on early runs and, as you say, get them out of their MO. They always play hard and very smart and after losing in the playoffs to Cinci. they're going to be relentless the entire game. As long as JB continues to take what the D is giving him they'll move it. Still, would love to see them move JB out of the pocket more to avoid the rush.

People always bring up the last game and how team X is going to be this or that because and/or how they lost but the NFL doesn't work that way. Never has.

The Bengals have won 4 out of 5 and 6 out of the last 8 since 2005 against the Titans. 

It's always about matchups and execution, not how pissed off the other team is. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 01:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: People always bring up the last game and how team X is going to be this or that because and/or how they lost but the NFL doesn't work that way. Never has.

The Bengals have won 4 out of 5 and 6 out of the last 8 since 2005 against the Titans. 

I agree. It would be like the Bengals have some sort of revenge fantasy against the Rams.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Spread got as high as 3 and is now down to 1. I’m thinking Chase raised it when they thought he might play and it fell now that they heard he won’t play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Tenn was right to complain. As it turns out it was low.

Reply/Quote
Wow, the oddsmakers were right in making the Bengals road favorites. Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 01:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: People always bring up the last game and how team X is going to be this or that because and/or how they lost but the NFL doesn't work that way. Never has.

Relentless has nothing to do with being mad and everything to do with Tenn. being a top 5 D in the NFL and a team that leads the team in sacks. Sorry you can't see either that or everything that I literally posted that came to true to form in yesterday's game, thus, a victory. I can break down KC for you, too.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:43 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Relentless has nothing to do with being mad and everything to do with Tenn. being a top 5 D in the NFL and a team that leads the team in sacks. Sorry you can't see either that or everything that I literally posted that came to true to form in yesterday's game, thus, a victory. I can break down KC for you, too.

I said that being pissed off doesn't matter in the NFL. Revenge doesn't matter in the NFL. Matchups and execution are what matters. I also pointed out that the Bengals had won 4 out of 5 (now 5 out of the last 6). 

Anyway...i wasn't disputing your take on the game, i was commenting on how many times i've seen posts about "revenge" and "pissed off" and how that was going to help the other team. It wasn't about just your post. If i've seen that posted (this past week alone) once, i've seen it 10 times and it comes up every time the Bengals play someone they recently beat. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote