Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow.... Matty Ice
Just heard on NFL radio he just became the leagues highest paid player. 5 year extension, 150 million, 100 million guaranteed. Can you imagine???
Reply/Quote
Kudos to him, get it while you can.

But these contracts are out of control. Something is wrong when Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garappollo are 2 of the 5 best paid players.
Reply/Quote
Yikes. Need to balance that shit out! Or maybe not? Some teams who wrap a ton of money into 1 or 2 players plays in everyone else's favor.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yikes. Need to balance that shit out! Or maybe not? Some teams who wrap a ton of money into 1 or 2 players plays in everyone else's favor.

I'm going to guess that since he got 100 mil of it guaranteed, the structure of when it's paid is team friendly. No need to get most of it upfront if it's guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm going to guess that since he got 100 mil of it guaranteed, the structure of when it's paid is team friendly. No need to get most of it upfront if it's guaranteed.

Yeah I guess so. Money is money. It still weakens the knees on future negotiations right? I don’t know a lot about salary caps and stuff like many. Seems crazy.

Reply/Quote
Brady is set to "only" make 14 million this year. By this new pay scale he should be getting 50 mill a year.
Reply/Quote
For 150 million bucks he really should be rescuing children from burning buildings on a daily basis. Heck , someone should probably be lighting orphanages on fire just to give him something to do besides throwing footballs.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 06:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just heard on NFL radio he just became the leagues highest paid player. 5 year extension, 150 million, 100 million guaranteed. Can you imagine???

Now we start seeing the rest of the talent leave the falcons as they want paid and falcons wrapped up in matt
Reply/Quote
Great QB !

Just not sure he is worth all that cabbage, good for him though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote