Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestling thread
Have seen a wrestling thread yet so figured I would post it here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Awesome! I wrestled back in school. One of the best decisions that I ever made. Taught me confidence in one on one situations, developed good body skills, and definitely made me a better football player.

I recommend advocating Wrestling to any interested individuals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Awesome!  I wrestled back in school.  One of the best decisions that I ever made.  Taught me confidence in one on one situations, developed good body skills, and definitely made me a better football player.

What weight class were you in? Does it help all positions in football or just lineman?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:53 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What weight class were you in? Does it help all positions in football or just lineman?

The heaviest class I ever wrestled was 175.  (amazing how much weight young athletes can cut)

The body control and leverages learned definitely benefit linemen the most.  I think basketball actually helps out the skill position players more, due to the hand-eye coordination skills, and spatial awareness involved in that particular sport.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
HEHE

[Image: 10.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Awesome!  I wrestled back in school.  One of the best decisions that I ever made.  Taught me confidence in one on one situations, developed good body skills, and definitely made me a better football player.

(01-27-2018, 11:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The heaviest class I ever wrestled was 175.  (amazing how much weight young athletes can cut)

The body control and leverages learned definitely benefit linemen the most.  I think basketball actually helps out the skill position players more, due to the hand-eye coordination skills, and spatial awareness involved in that particular sport.

I agree with all of this.  Sports like shot put and discus develop strength and explosiveness.  They also teach attention to details like footwork, but nothing compares to wrestling when talking about sharpening football skills for linemen.  Balance, footwork, leverage, hand placement.  All of that stuff in addition to brutal cardio conditioning.  It mostly helps linemen, but any position that requires tackling or blocking can benefit from wrestling.
Reply/Quote
Steve Neal never played college football, but he was a World Champion Freestyle wrestler. He retired from wrestling at 24 and the Patriots signed him in 2001. He made his first career start in just his second season ('02). He was their starting RG from '04-'10.
Reply/Quote