Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyatt Hubert Out For Year
Sucks. Another #%*@ing torn pec.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That's a shame. I'm not sure he would have made the team regardless, but you hate to see a guy get injured before even getting the chance to compete.
Reply/Quote
He went on NFI list, so the injury occurred away from the team. I'm curious if it was a workout injury or other.
Reply/Quote
I.hope the Bengals are talking to Justin Houston
Adrian Claybourne, or Ziggy Ansah now.
The depth at DE looks a bit shakey now
With Hubert out.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 03:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I.hope the Bengals are talking to Justin Houston
Adrian Claybourne, or Ziggy Ansah now.
The depth at DE looks a bit shakey now
With Hubert out.

Oh ye gads! A 7th round rookie, from a mediocre program in a mediocre conference, got hurt and now our 95 person dline, will be a 94 person dline.

Come on, man; Hubert was NOT going to be a massive game-changer. He would've either been on the PS or inactive.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 10:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh ye gads! A 7th round rookie, from a mediocre program in a mediocre conference, got hurt and now our 95 person dline, will be a 94 person dline.

Come on, man; Hubert was NOT going to be a massive game-changer. He would've either been on the PS or inactive.

Nobody said he was going to be a game changer.
But the fact of the matter is that when.your dead 
Last in the NFL in sacks as a team, you look high
And low  for pass rushers. 
It's not like last years  DEs was exactly wrecking
Havoc last year. We dont know for sure 100 per cent 
If Hubert was going to PS or not. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 10:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh ye gads! A 7th round rookie, from a mediocre program in a mediocre conference, got hurt and now our 95 person dline, will be a 94 person dline.

Kinda harsh don't you think?  I mean in is not like there ever was a 6th round pick that had played in 10 super bowls and won 7 of them.  
Reply/Quote
Let's spin this to be a positive. It was the 7th rounder, not the 1st rounder, who is out for the year. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:17 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Kinda harsh don't you think?  I mean in is not like there ever was a 6th round pick that had played in 10 super bowls and won 7 of them.  

Not at all.

My sole point was that just because we lost a 7th-rounder on a position group that is currently something like, 13 deep, it does NOT mean the sky is falling and we absolutely must go out and sign an aging vet.

It isn't a knock against Hubert, it's a knock at the notion and attitude behind said notion.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 02:30 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Sucks. Another   #%*@ing torn pec.

Damn, I liked this guy. Great pick in the 7th IMO. Hope he recovers well. Might need to add another End like Justin Houston.
Reply/Quote
It's disappointing. Sounded like him and Kareem were in a battle.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:06 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's disappointing. Sounded like him and Kareem were in a battle.

it does suck because of all the great things I read about this guy after we drafted him....however not going to lose any sleep over an injured 7th rounder who most likely ends up on PS. 
We have alot of bodies on DL right now and also lets not forget we drafted Sample and Ossai (rush LB) . We all know there will be some quality DEs available out there too.    Let hope he recovers like a beast and next season we are all saying wow! I forgot about this dude
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 02:17 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Kinda harsh don't you think?  I mean in is not like there ever was a 6th round pick that had played in 10 super bowls and won 7 of them.  

Someone always has to do this don't they.. 1 example and they preach it like it's happening At constant high rate ?...
Reply/Quote