Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyatt Hubert retiring?
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/13/bengals-de-wyatt-hubert-retires/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:05 PM)pally Wrote:

We sure know how to pick them.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:13 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We sure know how to pick them.

It was a 7th round pick. Get a grip.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:13 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We sure know how to pick them.

He was injured last season and was overtaken by Carter and Gunter this season.  He won't have enough tape to catch on with another team. He was a 7th round draft pick so he was always a long shot to make the team.  

Reply/Quote
No big deal, many young players come to camp to test their mettle, and then retire to pursue a career in their academic field. Best of luck to him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hope his health problems aren't serious ones and he can keep on living a good life post football. Best of luck, Hubert.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
File it under Mr. Irrelevant. But I'm curious as to the technical details of it. He says it's due to health. But if he were unable to practice they would put him on reserve/injured list. Seems likely the team was going to waive him and he decided that this was the better option.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/wyatt-hubert-retires-from-nfl-due-to-health
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:52 PM)Roland Wrote: File it under Mr. Irrelevant.  But I'm curious as to the technical details of it.  He says it's due to health.  But if he were unable to practice they would put him on reserve/injured list.  Seems likely the team was going to waive him and he decided that this was the better option.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/wyatt-hubert-retires-from-nfl-due-to-health

He could be "healthy" but has had enough injuries through the years that the daily and long-term wear and tear on his body just is too much.  Recovery takes too long, can't workout as hard.  

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was a 7th round pick. Get a grip.

He retired after 1 year he was not a football guy do not throw picks away on people that want to do other things. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 04:10 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He retired after 1 year he was not a football guy do not throw picks away on people that want to do other things. 

Dude named BengalsBong talking like he's high.... shocker.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:57 PM)pally Wrote: He could be "healthy" but has had enough injuries through the years that the daily and long-term wear and tear on his body just is too much.  Recovery takes too long, can't workout as hard.  

Could also just be one of those things where he has an underlying health condition that while he's healthy now, it gives a much increased chance for something bad to happen in the future if he continues the strain of being a professional athlete/doesn't drop back down to a more normal weight. 

There's plenty of guys who discover previously unknown heart conditions, for instance.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-rodney-gunter-unexpectedly-retires-from-the-nfl-due-to-severe-health-condition/

Or he could have simply just lost a step/strength from the injury. We're so used to guys coming back from injuries that we forget sometimes guys don't come back the same. Heck, Jordan Shipley retired early because he said his knee never came back fully from his surgery. Geno Atkins seems like he has probably retired due to his shoulder.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 05:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Dude named BengalsBong talking like he's high.... shocker.

The guy did not get cut or released he is choosing to retire. His heart was not in it.

He might have made the practice squad. Why give up on your dream let the team chose.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 05:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The guy did not get cut or released he is choosing to retire. His heart was not in it.

He might have made the practice squad. Why give up on your dream let the team chose.

He retired due to injuries....he physically can't perform. Has nothing to do with heart, speaking of which, you should probably get one.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to the kid in whatever he pursues in life.
Reply/Quote
You are allowed to retire any time you want…….thanks for the work he did put in.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 05:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The guy did not get cut or released he is choosing to retire. His heart was not in it.

Let it go man.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: Let it go man.

I am not giving the guy a hard time for retiring. The guy that evaluated and interviewed him should have picked up on the fact he was not all about football.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:37 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not giving the guy a hard time for retiring. The guy that evaluated and interviewed him should have picked up on the fact he was not all about football.

It. Was. A. 7th. Round. Pick.

You’re literally just taking a flier on a guy that late.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:37 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not giving the guy a hard time for retiring. The guy that evaluated and interviewed him should have picked up on the fact he was not all about football.

Dumb thing to say.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote