Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the Leap possibilities
With former Bengal Mo Sanu making an appearance on the NFL.com Making the Leap list recently I started wondering which Bengal was most likely to be on the list to Make the Leap this year.

I would venture a guess that it could be Dennard, with the increased value of the third corner and the change we have had at the position. We could hear for the millionth time how Marvin thought so highly of him early on in his career and more about his river from injury. We also just added another first round corner and it is time for him to take ownership of a significant role on the team.

Does anyone else have a candidate from the Bengals to be on this list?
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, Margus Hunt. I have never seen the show, though, so I don't really know if you have to be someone that has contributed already. That being said, the vacancy created by the loss of Gilberry places a huge opportunity at his feet.

My other candidate would be Shawn Williams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 07:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hopefully, Margus Hunt.  I have never seen the show, though, so I don't really know if you have to be someone that has contributed already.  That being said, the vacancy created by the loss of Gilberry places a huge opportunity at his feet.  

My other candidate would be Shawn Williams.

Hunt Williams are good picks

someone predicted will Clarke will outsack MJ  

I think it will be our new OT(1st rounder)... who lost most of last year with his injury.

Or potentially Tyler Kroft as the #1 TE till Eiferts return
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Dre Kirkpatrick make the leap and shut me up.... If Pacman plays like last year, and Dre steps up.... look out. Dunlap, Geno, MJ, and Billings will feast on QBs. Having LBs that can cover won't hurt either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:40 AM)jason Wrote: I'd love to see Dre Kirkpatrick make the leap and shut me up.... If Pacman plays like last year, and Dre steps up.... look out. Dunlap, Geno, MJ, and Billings will feast on QBs. Having LBs that can cover won't hurt either.

Heres hoping they all break out....
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 11:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hunt Williams are good picks

someone predicted will Clarke will outsack MJ  

I think it will be our new OT(1st rounder)... who lost most of last year with his injury.

Or potentially Tyler Kroft as the #1 TE till Eiferts return

Like the idea of Kroft a lot!  People forget that Eifert only had 39 receptions his rookie season, where he had many more opportunities than Kroft, and Kroft had 11 receptions his rookie campaign.

Also, Eifert missed essentially all of his sophomore season, playing just short of one half of game 1.  So, really, last year was Eifert's second season and he had a huge year, although he did miss three games.  

I hope Kroft can take a similar leap in year 2.  
Reply/Quote
Need Kirkpatrick, Dennard, and Ogbuehi to do so.

Believe Williams certainly will though.

Really hoping the first bunch joins him and it becomes a "making the leap" party.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Two guys I can think of Hardison and Dennard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jake Fisher, 5 reception TDs Ninja
Reply/Quote
I think Ogbeuhi will have a big impact on our o-line. I always liked Andre Smith better than a lot of people, but last year, it seemed like he was slipping a little. Still, our offense was good.

But Ogbeuhi is an outstanding talent, and I think maybe we all don't realize just how good he may be. I saw him at one time being projected as a top five, and top ten pick in the draft, and the videos you could see showed an agile, tough athlete, who could deliver dead center blocks.

I look forward to seeing him come on this year.
Reply/Quote
Most needed to make the leap.....Hardison, Williams

Most likely to make the leap.....Dennard
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 04:47 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I think Ogbeuhi will have a big impact on our o-line.  I always liked Andre Smith better than a lot of people, but last year, it seemed like he was slipping a little.  Still, our offense was good.

But Ogbeuhi is an outstanding talent, and I think maybe we all don't realize just how good he may be.  I saw him at one time being projected as a top five, and top ten pick in the draft, and the videos you could see showed an agile, tough athlete, who could deliver dead center blocks.

I look forward to seeing him come on this year.

Well, I hope that his knee is 100%, because on the Right side, he will need to do a good bit of drive blocking on running plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2016, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most needed to make the leap.....Hardison, Williams

Most likely to make the leap.....Dennard

I would say:

Most needed to make the leap:  Jeremy Hill, Margus Hunt

Most likely to make the leap:  Tyler Kroft.  If you think about the lack of experience with this team in the receiving corps, Kroft, having a year under his belt, could make big strides and we could see more two TE sets.  Although I was initially disappointed by the pick, CJ Uzomah could also gets some snaps with Eifert's start date in question.  I really like how the offense looks with two TEs, two WRs, and a single back.  
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2016, 11:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would say:

Most needed to make the leap:  Jeremy Hill, Margus Hunt

Most likely to make the leap:  Tyler Kroft.  

Although different from my choices I really can not argue with you on any of this.

You really have to put either Hunt or Clarke on the "most needed" list right now.
Reply/Quote