Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Men Apocalypse
Released a few costume images today...Apocalypse looks like shit.

[Image: CKDJGq1WgAA9WBM.jpg:large]
Reply/Quote
To be fair, look at the guy in the comics. How on Earth are they supposed to translate that to the movies?

Also, we'll see what post-production does.
Reply/Quote
Quicksilver looked like shit in DOFP, yet it didn't stop the character from delivering. Apocalypse does look like ass though....really Ivan Ooze-esque. I don't like it.

Psylocke looks badass though. That's easily the most true-to-the-comics costume that has appeared in an X-Men film yet. I also read an article where Bryan Singer stated that the X-Men team will have much more comic inspired costumes, even more so than in First Class....which will be cool to see.

I'm really looking forward to this movie.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 10:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Released a few costume images today...Apocalypse looks like shit.

[Image: CKDJGq1WgAA9WBM.jpg:large]
Positive notes, I'm really digging the 80's Storm, and Olivia Munn looks gorgeous as always. 

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Quicksilver looked like shit in DOFP, yet it didn't stop the character from delivering.  Apocalypse does look like ass though....really Ivan Ooze-esque.  I don't like it.

Psylocke looks badass though.  That's easily the most true-to-the-comics costume that has appeared in an X-Men film yet.  I also read an article where Bryan Singer stated that the X-Men team will have much more comic inspired costumes, even more so than in First Class....which will be cool to see.

I'm really looking forward to this movie.

I'm trusting Bryan Singer. X1, X2, and DOFP are each amazing and easily the best entries in the series.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2015, 11:39 PM)Bryan Wrote: I'm trusting Bryan Singer. X1, X2, and DOFP are each amazing and easily the best entries in the series.

I actually think First Class is better than all of the above....with maybe the exception of X2.  Singer has done very well with his 3 entries though.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 12:19 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I actually think First Class is better than all of the above....with maybe the exception of X2.  Singer has done very well with his 3 entries though.

I like First Class a lot, it's the only one that doesn't have Wolverine driving the plot. But I don't think it's better than the Singer ones in my opinion. I mean really the only bad ones are X3 and Origins Wolverine 

Reply/Quote
I've been pretty anti-X-Men since X2, X3 and Wolverine (the first one). X1 was ok, the other three I just mentioned were Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. And I've heard the last movie and First Class and even the last Wolverine movie were more in the right direction but I grew up reading X-Men. Three horrid, laughable movies and I vowed never to watch another one until a decent studio was doing them.

So, since i'm out on the cinematic versions, can someone explain why the X-Men are fighting the evil genie from the Wishmaster movies?
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Benton Wrote: I've been pretty anti-X-Men since X2, X3 and Wolverine (the first one). X1 was ok, the other three I just mentioned were Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. And I've heard the last movie and First Class and even the last Wolverine movie were more in the right direction but I grew up reading X-Men. Three horrid, laughable movies and I vowed never to watch another one until a decent studio was doing them.

So, since i'm out on the cinematic versions, can someone explain why the X-Men are fighting the evil genie from the Wishmaster movies?

Just curious, why didn't you like X2? It's considered to be the best, my personal favorite is Days of Future Past.

Reply/Quote
Gotta same I'm disappointed in this depiction visually of Apocalypse. He is my favorite comic villain. It's not hard to do his coloring, gray skin and blue lips. What's this weird all blue skin and a weird top of head crest thing? I'm sure the acting will be good because Oscar Isaac is great, but this look is way off the mark. And where are his red eyes, that's so easy to do with contacts.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:34 AM)Bryan Wrote: Just curious, why didn't you like X2? It's considered to be the best, my personal favorite is Days of Future Past.

The Nightcrawler scene was outstanding. I remember watching it and thinking "ok, this is the film I wanted from the first one."

And then it just fell flat, partly for the same reason X3 was so friggin horrible. Hodge podging together a bunch of old X-Men storylines around Wolverine isn't really what made the X-Men a good read. And they typically dealt with some really outstanding villains, either because of their complexity or their raw power — Magneto, Juggernaut, Sinister, Sentinels, Dark Phoenix, the Brotherhood, Hellfire, Apocalypse. I honestly can't think of a comic that had a better, more diverse rogues gallery.

And X2 went with a 70 year old man. Mystique and Magnus are in there sorta as pseudo good guys, pseudo bad guys. But the main antagonist is just an old guy.

And they killed Jean in all the wrong ways.

If I had never read any of the comics, I could probably have watched the movie and just chuckled at superheroes vs. a senior citizen. But I did, and it wasn't worth the laugh. 
Reply/Quote
Apocalypse looks like Ivan Ooze from the 1995 Power Rangers movie....[Image: 5DtSwxD.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Benton Wrote: I've been pretty anti-X-Men since X2, X3 and Wolverine (the first one). X1 was ok, the other three I just mentioned were Mystery Science Theater 3000 bad. And I've heard the last movie and First Class and even the last Wolverine movie were more in the right direction but I grew up reading X-Men. Three horrid, laughable movies and I vowed never to watch another one until a decent studio was doing them.

You really should give the series a second chance.  X3 and Wolverine Origins were some of the most disappointing movies that I've ever seen, but since then, the series has really went off in a positive direction.

Like you, I grew up reading comics, mostly Marvel, and my favorite ones were the X-Men related ones.  They certainly could have done better with the series, but really, I'm just happy with seeing my favorite characters brought to life on the big screen.  I'm not happy when the movie becomes an X3 style abortion, but I can handle a slip up here and there.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Magneto, Juggernaut, Sinister, Sentinels, Dark Phoenix, the Brotherhood, Hellfire, Apocalypse. I honestly can't think of a comic that had a better, more diverse rogues gallery.

You're leaving out the best....Arcade and Mojo, of course.

Really though, the X Men do have an amazing rogues gallery.  The only ones that I think are deeper are Spiderman's and Batman's, but some of the diversity goes out the window with those.
LFG  

Reply/Quote