Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X- Simulator Mock
Round 1 Pick 9: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9: John Ross, WR, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Kevin King, CB, Washington (A-)
Round 4 Pick 9: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (B)
Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 9: Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (A+)

I couldn't pass up on the two weapons that I believe could give the Bengals an Atlanta-style offense. This draft would only work if Whit, Dre, and Zeitler were re-signed.

I think there would still be several UDFA LBs that could be developed, but I really liked Golladay so I took him at the end.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like it, honestly. If one of our young T's steps up or we get a decent one in FA, the O will be incredible.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 02:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: I really like it, honestly.  If one of our young T's steps up or we get a decent one in FA, the O will be incredible.

Doesn't it just figure that the one year the Bengals really need an OT (although that would mean they are giving up on Ced O and, unfortunately, we know they won't...see Bodine, Russell) there isn't a solid option at the top of the draft.

I will call our shot and say our first round pick in 2018 is an OT.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 07:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Doesn't it just figure that the one year the Bengals really need an OT (although that would mean they are giving up on Ced O and, unfortunately, we know they won't...see Bodine, Russell) there isn't a solid option at the top of the draft.

I will call our shot and say our first round pick in 2018 is an OT.  

We'll see.  To be fair, Og hasn't really had a TC yet.

Too many guys are getting hung up on the fact that a great OL helps the skill players, but neglecting the fact that the opposite is also true.  A great RB like Cook helps the OL by them not having to sustain blocks as long, finding cutback lanes when things get clogged at the designed PoA, and keeping you out of obvious passing situations where the D can just pin it's ears back.  A guy like Ross paired with AJ really makes a DC think long and hard about blitzing, because he can take a quick slant to the house if you don't get to the QB.  It's a lot easier to block a 4 man rush than pick up blitzes every 3rd down.
Reply/Quote
Reload the offense? I like it. Cook is just better than Hill. No doubt. Bring him in with Gio. Give us a deep threat with the fastest WR in the draft to take heat away from AJ. Ross is a total burner. No team will be able to give him single coverage.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Round 1 Pick 9: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9: John Ross, WR, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Kevin King, CB, Washington (A-)
Round 4 Pick 9: Conor McDermott, OT, UCLA (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (B)
Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 9: Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (A+)

I couldn't pass up on the two weapons that I believe could give the Bengals an Atlanta-style offense.  This draft would only work if Whit, Dre, and Zeitler were re-signed.  

I think there would still be several UDFA LBs that could be developed, but I really liked Golladay so I took him at the end.

Thoughts?

The only downside I see is if your DE isn't a pass rusher.  We really need one of those and they cost too much in FA.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:55 PM)McC Wrote: The only downside I see is if your DE isn't a pass rusher.  We really need one of those and they cost too much in FA.

True dat....this is placing a lot of hope on Will Clarke.  The reason I went with the offensive weapons is that I see that as the main weakness.  I would give Clarke more in 2017 and see if he could step up or be gone the next year.  
Reply/Quote
Just ran another...not sure which I like more:

Round 1 Pick 9: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Duke Riley, OLB, LSU (B)
Round 4 Pick 9: Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 32: James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh (B)
Round 4 Pick 39: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (B+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (B+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 36: Mike Tyson, FS, Cincinnati (D)
Round 7 Pick 9: Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville (B-)
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 11:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just ran another...not sure which I like more:

Round 1 Pick 9: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Duke Riley, OLB, LSU (B)
Round 4 Pick 9: Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 32: James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh (B)
Round 4 Pick 39: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (B+)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jon Toth, C, Kentucky (B+)
Round 6 Pick 9: Kenny Golladay, WR, Northern Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 36: Mike Tyson, FS, Cincinnati (D)
Round 7 Pick 9: Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville (B-)

Mike Tysons a dog
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote