Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X- Simulator Mock: The Ultimate Unsexy Draft
Not going for WRs that will ride the pine, RBs that will sit on the practice squad, QBs that will never get a chance...

This is a nuts-and-bolts draft designed to build this team from the inside out:

12: R1P12
OT CONNOR WILLIAMS
TEXAS

46: R2P14
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA

77: R3P13
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

100: R3P36
C MASON COLE
MICHIGAN

114: R4P12
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

153: R5P14
SS STEVEN PARKER
OKLAHOMA

172: R5P33
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

191: R6P13
G VIANE TALAMAIVAO
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

251: R7P32
OT COLE MADISON
WASHINGTON STATE

253: R7P34
DL FILIPO MOKOFISI
UTAH

254: R7P35
DL FRANK HERRON
LSU

I would have really liked to look at trading back and drafting Billy Price, but this sim doesn't allow for that and if the Bengals feel strongly about him and they also believe Fisher will be back, I think they could go inside before looking at another early OT under Lazor's scheme and a new offensive line coach.

I also wonder if anyone thinks that Boling might be better suited to be the LT after his performance late in the season. It would be a lot easier to plug in a player like Westerman or Redmond at the vacated Guard spots versus starting a rookie at LT or just continuing to roll Ogbuehi out there.

The Bengals don't need a TE that can run a 4.5. The Bengals don't need the fastest CB in the draft. The Bengals don't need a WR with a 44 inch vertical. They need strength and speed in the middle of the field. The offensive line, the defensive line, the LB corps, and the safeties. All need dramatic upgrades in talent and depth. This draft wouldn't be sexy, but it would be the start of building a big, nasty team with an attitude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not going for WRs that will ride the pine, RBs that will sit on the practice squad, QBs that will never get a chance...

This is a nuts-and-bolts draft designed to build this team from the inside out:

12: R1P12  
OT CONNOR WILLIAMS
TEXAS

46: R2P14  
CB DUKE DAWSON
FLORIDA

77: R3P13  
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

100: R3P36  
C MASON COLE
MICHIGAN

114: R4P12  
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

153: R5P14  
SS STEVEN PARKER
OKLAHOMA

172: R5P33  
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

191: R6P13  
G VIANE TALAMAIVAO
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

251: R7P32  
OT COLE MADISON
WASHINGTON STATE

253: R7P34  
DL FILIPO MOKOFISI
UTAH

254: R7P35  
DL FRANK HERRON
LSU

I would have really liked to look at trading back and drafting Billy Price, but this sim doesn't allow for that and if the Bengals feel strongly about him and they also believe Fisher will be back, I think they could go inside before looking at another early OT under Lazor's scheme and a new offensive line coach.  

I also wonder if anyone thinks that Boling might be better suited to be the LT after his performance late in the season.  It would be a lot easier to plug in a player like Westerman or Redmond at the vacated Guard spots versus starting a rookie at LT or just continuing to roll Ogbuehi out there.  

The Bengals don't need a TE that can run a 4.5.  The Bengals don't need the fastest CB in the draft.  The Bengals don't need a WR with a 44 inch vertical.  They need strength and speed in the middle of the field.  The offensive line, the defensive line, the LB corps, and the safeties.  All need dramatic upgrades in talent and depth.  This draft wouldn't be sexy, but it would be the start of building a big, nasty team with an attitude.
I know ur just doing a simulation but seemed like u were trying to make it realistic. In that case ur dreaming if u think Edmunds is there in the third. He'll be gone by pick 20.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I know ur just doing a simulation but seemed like u were trying to make it realistic. In that case ur dreaming if u think Edmunds is there in the third. He'll be gone by pick 20.

As you said, it was a sim and he was there.  People will be jumping all over.  Everyone was saying the same thing about Billings and we got him in the fourth.  I thought Malone was a 2nd rounder....etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 10:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I know ur just doing a simulation but seemed like u were trying to make it realistic. In that case ur dreaming if u think Edmunds is there in the third. He'll be gone by pick 20.

Maybe, maybe not. I’ve seen most site say he may creep into the back of the first. But it’s mid January, no all star games or the combine yet and here you are making absolute statements. You defend your unrealistic mocks and poke holes in everyone else’s.

Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 10:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As you said, it was a sim and he was there.  People will be jumping all over.  Everyone was saying the same thing about Billings and we got him in the fourth.  I thought Malone was a 2nd rounder....etc.
Yeah that's why I said that.but Billings was looked at as. A 2 down player and the knee issue during the draft. Just saying Edmunds may be first lb off board come draft time u don't really see 6"5 lb that have that range, speed, and cover skills.. but do like the mock.
(01-15-2018, 11:13 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. I’ve seen most site say he may creep into the back of the first. But it’s mid January, no all star games or the combine yet and here you are making absolute statements. You defend your unrealistic mocks and poke holes in everyone else’s.

Troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is 1 thing that's absolute. He's a first round lb. He's being compared to Brian urlacker but he can cover.
Reply/Quote