Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL
For the opening season in 2020,
Bob Stoops has been named HC and GM of the Dallas Franchise.
Not sure where to put this info...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/06/report-dallas-xfl-team-lands-bob-stoops-as-coach-and-gm/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
wish Cincinnati had an XFL team.

Reply/Quote
Not sure why I keep reading all these lamentations about the XFL.  The whole league was ass-clownery defined.  A ***** joke, in other words.

Here's a league being run by adults, not side-show carnival barkers:

https://aaf.com/

And, it starts this weekend. 

Let's focus on getting an AAF team.  That I could support.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm watching the AAF San Antonio / San Diego game. Logan Woodside, the Bengals 7th round pick last year, is the starting QB for San Antonio. No big loss there from what I have seen of him. I like that the play clock is shorter and there are no commercial time outs. The game moves along much faster. It's about 2 hours in and already the start of the 4th quarter. Quality of play is not very good overall but most of the players have only been together for a few months at most. So maybe it will improve as the season goes along.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 12:21 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'm watching the AAF San Antonio / San Diego game.  Logan Woodside, the Bengals 7th round pick last year, is the starting QB for San Antonio. No big loss there from what I have seen of him.   I like that the play clock is shorter and there are no commercial time outs.  The game moves along much faster.  It's about 2 hours in and already the start of the 4th quarter.  Quality of play is not very good overall but most of the players have only been together for a few months at most.  So maybe it will improve as the season goes along.

Yeah, despite the lack of offense, it was an interesting game.  I like how they handle booth reviews.  There's a guy called the "sky judge" that oversees the review, and while he deliberates or issues commands, you hear his live audio.  None of that NFL bullshit product placement theatrics with the guy holding the Microsoft tablet while you wonder what they discuss.  

I thought the no-kickoffs thing would bother me, but, after a while, you don't miss it.  Having no extra points is a little weird (there are only two point conversions).  I was hoping to see their approach to the onside kick.  Per Wikipedia:

In lieu of an onside kick, a team can keep possession of the ball by attempting a scrimmage play from their own 28-yard line and gaining at least 12 yards.

The crowd seemed into it, there was a good atmosphere for a team that hadn't existed before.  So, I saw enough to tune back in again.  And, I'm also really interested to see how Merv does in his big broadcast debut in tonight's game.  It's gonna be strange to see him doing that.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote