Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL 2023
The XFL kicked off today?

I was just strumming through the channels and saw Vegas Vipers vs Arlington Renegades and i was like wtf is that?

XFL...

It's cool being able to hear everything the QB and coach are saying though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron and Drew Plitt are QBs for Arlington.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Freaking Luis Perez gets around. He was in the USFL last year and he's the QB for Vegas...and just threw a pick 6 to some big ole biggie. lol

Reply/Quote
Very interesting kickoff concept. 

The returner is standing near the goal line. The kicker is at his own 30 and the other 20 guys are standing, 5 yards apart at the 30 in front of the returner and they're not allowed to move until the returner catches the ball.

Reply/Quote
Will Clarke is on the Dline for Arlington.

Reply/Quote
You can challenge an offsides if it's not called. Vegas just challened it on a punt but there's no view down the line to confirm offsides.

Reply/Quote
Dean Blandino is reviewing calls and you get to watch him do it live. Be pretty sweet if they did that in the NFL. 

Reply/Quote
"Chase...chase...chase...chase..."  LOL. Looks like he's the OC for Arlington. 

What was his name? The TE coach for the Bengals back in hard knocks '09?

Reply/Quote
Blast from the past.  Chris Dishman is the DC for Vegas. 

Rod Woodson is the HC. 

Reply/Quote
Aha. The other Hayes brother is co-DC for Arlington. 

Reply/Quote
I will say this. This XFL isn't nearly as cartoonish as the last XFL. Feels more like a mid-level...maybe lower mid, college game. 

Reply/Quote
Looks like Hayes is pulling some formations out of Hugh's play book.

Reply/Quote
Vic Beasley plays for Vegas.

Reply/Quote
Some notable former NFL players on XFL rosters:

Josh Gordon
Martavis Bryant
Jaques Patrick
Brett Hundley

I was wrong about McCarron. He's the QB for St Louis.

When i turned this game on, it was Vegas up 14-3 halfway through the 3rd. Since i've turned it on, it's been ALL Arlington. Now 22-14 with 3mins left. Perez has thrown 2 pick 6s this half.

Reply/Quote
There's another game on ESPN tonight at 8:30.

Might be interesting to see McCarron and St Louis tomorrow afternoon.

Reply/Quote
LOL. Perez has zero pocket awareness. 

They just scored a TD with :08 left and then on the 2pt conversion he got sacked on a 3 man rush when he ran right into a defender. They actually have an option for a 3pt conversion from further out.

Interesting "on side kick" coming up. Gotta convert a 4th and 15 from the 25 to keep the ball.

Ohhhhhhh my!! Great throw for what would have been a conversion and the WR got rocked and couldn't hang on.

Reply/Quote
No thanks. I'll watch the NFL next year. MLB time for me now.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 12:10 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: No thanks. I'll watch the NFL next year. MLB time for me now.

Baseball is boring.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 06:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The XFL kicked off today?

I was just strumming through the channels and saw Vegas Vipers vs Arlington Renegades and i was like wtf is that?

XFL...

It's cool being able to hear everything the QB and coach are saying though. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROASAiP97sHoc2FnbZSx0...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: XFL-New-Logos-2023.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2023, 04:42 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROASAiP97sHoc2FnbZSx0...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: XFL-New-Logos-2023.jpg]

What the hell are you trying to say here?????!!!!!!

Reply/Quote