Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL 2023
(02-20-2023, 05:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What the hell are you trying to say here?????!!!!!!

Football is not dead.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:59 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Football is not dead.

Oh i know. I was just surprised that one of the other leagues started so soon.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
A lot of former Bengals in the XFL
Josh Malone, Brian Hill, Jaques Patrick, Jordan Evans, Pooka Williams, and Will Clarke. Those were the guys I noticed.

As far as the league goes I hope it does well. If it can survive the first year. Then it could be a longterm success.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I tried to watch the XFL on my desktop this past weekend but couldn't even get a box score without subscribing to ESPN+.  

Must be some preimum play to be bundled into premium content.   Ninja
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2023, 07:32 PM)basballguy Wrote: I tried to watch the XFL on my desktop this past weekend but couldn't even get a box score without subscribing to ESPN+.  

Must be some preimum play to be bundled into premium content.   Ninja

I know right? You'd think with them being on ESPN, ABC and FX, you wouldn't have to dig through the entire interwebz to find some stats during the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 07:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dean Blandino is reviewing calls and you get to watch him do it live. Be pretty sweet if they did that in the NFL. 

The NFL definitely needs to adopt this system. Transparency would help the NFL with fans frustrated with bad officiating. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When is Ohio or Kentucky getting an XFL or USFL team? I need a squad to get behind.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 02:26 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The NFL definitely needs to adopt this system. Transparency would help the NFL with fans frustrated with bad officiating. 

I'm sure it would create some shit storms though. I was watching one play, ball was picked at the goal line but as the players rolled over, the receiver got his arms in for a simultaneous catch type of situation. Call on the field was touchdown. While Blandino was watching replays, you could clearly see that the defender had initial clean possession of the ball before going to the ground, but they let the call stand. 

Reply/Quote
We'll see how this all shakes out without covid getting in the way. I'm always a bit skeptical about the survivability of any American football league that isn't the NFL because the entire season just comes off like you are watching that pre-season game where none of the starters are dressing. I can't imagine the USFL and the XFL both existing at the same time, either. Though, the USFL had that odd thing where all their games were played in a single stadium last year and they're actually going to be operating in a normal fashion this year, so we will see.
Reply/Quote
I randomly saw it on the tv and tuned in to see AJ McCarron lead OC Bruce Gradkowski’s offense to a TD and game winning field goal. A tad bit more interesting than a preseason game. Wish I recognized more than 2 players though.
Reply/Quote
If the XFL were to last they must get rid of the Las Vegas franchise. That field was 2nd rate if that.

Also stop playing games on Thursday night. Keep it simple two games Saturday and two games Sunday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote