Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL Players worth a look?
My suggestions would be:

Jerald Foster LG -- Tampa Bay Vipers
Daronte Bouldin RG -- Tampa Bay Vipers
Tampa Bay has the league's leading rusher AND the league's number 3 rusher (combined for over 600 yards in 5 games). That sounds like the result of a good offensive line to me.

Storm Norton OT -- LA Wildcats
His quarterback leads the XFL in passing yards.

Deatrick Nichols Corner -- Houston Roughnecks
His stats are fantastic through 5 games: 3 INTs, 6 Passes Deflected, 1 Sack, 3 Tackles For Loss.
https://stats.xfl.com/Player/10418

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 02:46 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: My suggestions would be:

Tampa Bay has the league's leading rusher AND the league's number 3 rusher (combined for over 600 yards in 5 games). That sounds like the result of a good offensive line to me.

His stats are fantastic through 5 games: 3 INTs, 6 Passes Deflected, 1 Sack, 3 Tackles For Loss.

Love it, also like Cam Phillips of the Roughnecks at WR. Dude was on an MVP pace before all this virus crap happened.

Artis Payne is still a very good RB that can catch the ball and is a great runner along with Dunbar from the Renegades.

Steven Johnson the LB stands out to me as a name, I forget which team he is on?
Reply/Quote
I guess we took that #3 rusher in the XFL Jacques Patrick. Seems like a good guy. I still wish we'd look at the guys blocking for him though.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 07:09 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I guess we took that #3 rusher in the XFL Jacques Patrick. Seems like a good guy. I still wish we'd look at the guys blocking for him though.

The Vipers actually had a good run blocking O-line from what I saw, them and the Renegades.

The problem for the Vipers was definitely not their OL, it was the way the coaches kept trading out their QB's so they couldn't get
into a rhythm. Should of started Quinton Flowers from the beginning and stuck with him and they would of done better.

Bad coaching except on the O-line.

Has Cam Phillips been grabbed up yet?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it, also like Cam Phillips of the Roughnecks at WR. Dude was on an MVP pace before all this virus crap happened.

Artis Payne is still a very good RB that can catch the ball and is a great runner along with Dunbar from the Renegades.

Steven Johnson the LB stands out to me as a name, I forget which team he is on?

I bet you that's the WR I was trying to think of. He was tearing it up one game I was watching and the announcers were gushing about him.
Reply/Quote
Mark

(04-16-2020, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Vipers actually had a good run blocking O-line from what I saw, them and the Roughnecks.

The problem for the Vipers was definitely not their OL, it was the way the coaches kept trading out their QB's so they couldn't get
into a rhythm. Should of started Quinton Flowers from the beginning and stuck with him and they would of done better.

Bad coaching except on the O-line.

Has Cam Phillips been grabbed up yet?

Marc Trestman once again proved he is nowhere near the coach some people for some reason think he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 07:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I bet you that's the WR I was trying to think of. He was tearing it up one game I was watching and the announcers were gushing about him.

Yeah, Cam Phillips was the best WR in the XFL BY FAR.....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 07:22 PM)McC Wrote: Mark

Marc Trestman once again proved he is nowhere near the coach some people for some reason think he is.

Sure did, stupid.

You don't just keep changing your QB's over and over and think it will work.

Shit I saw it where Flowers would have a great drive and right after they scored they would bring in the other guy that sucked
before that. I was baffled at the idioticy of not even riding the hot hand like, at all. Worst coaching I have seen in a long time 
and we just witnessed a lot of bad coaching going on here. At least we lost a lot of our top players to injuries under Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 02:46 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: My suggestions would be:

Storm Norton has signed with somebody by the way, I believe it was LAC. 

The thing I can't figure out about Patrick is that he was widely considered a priority FA after last year's draft. I really wanted us to sign him at the time. Not only did he not make it in the NFL, I can't find any record of him even signing an udfa contract with anybody. Watched some highlights of him with the Vipers, and he looked good (but then again those are highlights). So what happened in 2019? Not on a practice squad, nothing. 

(not for nothing, he appears to be good friends with Auden Tate from their college days. They seem to tweet at/retweet each other a lot, at least. Maybe Tate lobbied for him). 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 07:22 PM)McC Wrote: Mark

Yet Adam Gase is still getting HC gigs...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:42 PM)jason Wrote: Yet Adam Gase is still getting HC gigs...

I'm baffled.

Terrible teams, terrible offenses, broken locker rooms...

Like Ken Whisenhunt and Mike McCoy; they keep getting job after job and have 0 to show for it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:42 PM)jason Wrote: Yet Adam Gase is still getting HC gigs...

Go figure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 12:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm baffled.

Terrible teams, terrible offenses, broken locker rooms...

Like Ken Whisenhunt and Mike McCoy; they keep getting job after job and have 0 to show for it.

Evidently, they "interview well"..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 11:33 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The thing I can't figure out about Patrick is that he was widely considered a priority FA after last year's draft. I really wanted us to sign him at the time. Not only did he not make it in the NFL, I can't find any record of him even signing an udfa contract with anybody. Watched some highlights of him with the Vipers, and he looked good (but then again those are highlights). So what happened in 2019? Not on a practice squad, nothing. 

(not for nothing, he appears to be good friends with Auden Tate from their college days. They seem to tweet at/retweet each other a lot, at least. Maybe Tate lobbied for him). 

Yeah I know that injury kept him from getting drafted initially but you'd think someone would have picked him up afterwards. Not sure what the story is. We'll see I guess. 

And it appears Cam Phillips is still available. 

As for Head Coaches, I think they're hoping that some of them learn from their shortcomings on previous teams but yeah there are some guys I wouldn't touch after it didn't work out with two teams or maybe even one. There are so many good college coaches or NFL assistance coaches who deserve a shot, why not try one of them instead?

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 04:23 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah I know that injury kept him from getting drafted initially but you'd think someone would have picked him up afterwards. Not sure what the story is. We'll see I guess. 

And it appears Cam Phillips is still available. 

As for Head Coaches, I think they're hoping that some of them learn from their shortcomings on previous teams but yeah there are some guys I wouldn't touch after it didn't work out with two teams or maybe even one. There are so many good college coaches or NFL assistance coaches who deserve a shot, why not try one of them instead?

I know this Draft is extremely deep at WR but sure wouldn't mind picking up Cam Phillips or especially Marquise Lee who was just
cut by the Jags as insurance in case AJ or Ross continue to have problems staying healthy.
Reply/Quote