Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL Round 2
Just make the kickoff a punt. That way you don't have every player on both teams running full speed at each other.

It would actually be a 4th and 15 at the 35 yard line. That way teams that need an onside kick could try and convert the fourth and 15 to keep the ball. Or sometimes they could fake the punt instead of kicking.

Keeps the excitement of a return in the game without as much risk of injury.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that we're talking about the XFL kickoff differences, from we're accustomed to seeing. I'm currently watching the NY/StL game, and the league just had their 1st KOR for TD.

On an odd note, they showed a shot of the fans in the stands, and some were wearing Battlehawks T-shirts. On those shirts is an outline figure of a "battlehawk" with KA-KA in the wings, as it might be their battle cry. I found that amusing, as KA-KA reminds me of caca, which by my recollection is "shit".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wow, XFL kicker just nailed a 58 yard FG. Some of these guys will be playing in the NFL next year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 12:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Other former Bengals I noticed were in the XFL:

Sam Montgomery
Derron Smith
Kirk Barron

I'm sure there's some others I missed. Honestly, I was surprised that I even remembered the name "Kirk Barron" as being a former Bengal. Lol

Josh Johnson was briefly a backup QB for us too (along with a lot of other teams). He had a pretty good day today. 

Reply/Quote
Tough day for my Defenders.

#ShieldsUp

Got tickets for the home closer next month
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, XFL kicker just nailed a 58 yard FG.  Some of these guys will be playing in the NFL next year.

If the XFL doesn't want to lose their kickers they should make it different than the NFL (if they haven't yet) - wider goal posts, shorter goal posts, kicker has to stand further back, or kicker gets to stand closer (with no defenders to block it, and worth less points).

Since they're probably all about scoring more points, wider posts, shorter posts, kicker is closer and no defenders seems more reasonable - NFL teams would then question it a bit more, perhaps, unless their own kicker can't kick 55-60 yards in practice.
Reply/Quote
I really like the XFL, they let the players hit and the refs seem better than the NFL as a whole. This is surprising as
we are only 3 weeks in and everything has been going as smoothly as it has. I am becoming a Dallas Renegades fan,
like their helmets and Derron Smith,ole Bengal Safety is the leader of their Defense.

The only team I have not seen yet is St. Louis, hopefully I get to see these guys in the next couple weeks.

The Vipers have been really screwing the pooch switching between their QB's they should just stick with one and
things would improve. Personally feel the other former Bengal Quinton Flowers has outplayed the other two in Aaron
Murray and the big QB Cornelius.

The best teams right now are definitely Houston and DC from what I have seen.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like the XFL, they let the players hit and the refs seem better than the NFL as a whole. This is surprising as
we are only 3 weeks in and everything has been going as smoothly as it has. I am becoming a Dallas Renegades fan,
like their helmets and Derron Smith,ole Bengal Safety is the leader of their Defense.

The only team I have not seen yet is St. Louis, hopefully I get to see these guys in the next couple weeks.

The Vipers have been really screwing the pooch switching between their QB's they should just stick with one and
things would improve. Personally feel the other former Bengal Quinton Flowers has outplayed the other two in Aaron

I don't think as much money is involved, but coming from the WCW or whatever fake wrestling was run before you'd think XFL could fake the sport out if they wanted to. I like to say where there's (a lot of) money at stake, there's cheating, and (NFL) refs are subject to the same behavior.

Hell the Astros cheated and still have their rings!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like the XFL, they let the players hit and the refs seem better than the NFL as a whole. This is surprising as

I'd say the best teams are LA (should be AT LEAST 2-1, if not 3-0), STL and record-wise, HOU

LA has been in every game they've played and have fought well, plus Josh is hitting his stride and is the clear leader of that team; don't really have a team yet, but I'm leaning towards them.

STL is the most Bengal-centric team, from a roster and coaching standpoint; Hayes has them humming on both sides of the ball.

Flowers was HORRIFIC 2 weeks ago, but excellent last week and looks to be making strides.

I'm 100% indifferent on SEA, NY, DC (though I LOVE seeing Cardale sling it around... aside from last week) and HOU.

DAL is 2-1 and should be either 1-2 or 0-3; they look AWFUL for the entire game (Landry Jones included), then explode for a huge quarter and Jones throws for 900 yards.

Also can't stand that OC old man.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 02:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd say the best teams are LA (should be AT LEAST 2-1, if not 3-0), STL and record-wise, HOU

LA has been in every game they've played and have fought well, plus Josh is hitting his stride and is the clear leader of that team; don't really have a team yet, but I'm leaning towards them.

STL is the most Bengal-centric team, from a roster and coaching standpoint; Hayes has them humming on both sides of the ball.

Flowers was HORRIFIC 2 weeks ago, but excellent last week and looks to be making strides.

I'm 100% indifferent on SEA, NY, DC (though I LOVE seeing Cardale sling it around... aside from last week) and HOU.

DAL is 2-1 and should be either 1-2 or 0-3; they look AWFUL for the entire game (Landry Jones included), then explode for a huge quarter and Jones throws for 900 yards.

Also can't stand that OC old man.

I just cannot root for an LA team. Is that our old Hayes coaching St. Louis? Jay?

Agreed on Josh Johnson, he has been playing good and an old Bengal. Flowers just needs to be put in as the starter and kept 
there so he can grow, Cornerlius and Murray have made even worse decisions and neither have any pocket awareness.

Cardale and PJ Walker have been the best QB's so far interesting enough.

Landry Jones didn't play for like 3 years and that Mummie guy who you speak of puts it all on his shoulders when they have 
great RB's. Once they start running the ball they are tough to stop.
Reply/Quote
That mummy guy! XD LOL LOL LOL LOL

Jordan Ta'amu has been superb as well, both with his arm and his feet.

Both Hayes, though Jonathan is the coach; Jay is Dline/DC and Crocker is the Assistant DB/Quality Control.

They have Will Clarke, Darius Hillary, Kent Perkins and Alonzo Russell on their roster. Russell has been superb.

Agree on Flowers; Murray is just horrid, I think he should retire.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 02:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That mummy guy! XD LOL LOL LOL LOL

Jordan Ta'amu has been superb as well, both with his arm and his feet.

Both Hayes, though Jonathan is the coach; Jay is Dline/DC and Crocker is the Assistant DB/Quality Control.

They have Will Clarke, Darius Hillary, Kent Perkins and Alonzo Russell on their roster. Russell has been superb.

Agree on Flowers; Murray is just horrid, I think he should retire.

Wow, gonna have to root for St. Louis now with that many Bengals on their roster. Rock On

The only team I haven't been able to watch yet ironically.

Murray in the first game was as you said, horrid, panicking when the OL was blocking great and throwing ints.
Reply/Quote