Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL Round 2
The XFL is getting ready to start up again? Are you going to watch? Will it last longer than the AAF? Can it make it through the whole season? Popcorn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2020, 05:06 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: The XFL is getting ready to start up again? Are you going to watch? Will it last longer than the AAF? Can it make it through the whole season?   Popcorn

It will last through the first season and Vince is willing to lose 375 million on this league. So the thinking is it will last 3 seasons at least. 
Will it work IDK but I think it will last 3 seasons. Vince has seemed to learn from his mistakes by keeping the WWE and XFL separate.
Oliver Luck is a huge get too for them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I will do what I did with the AAF and watch Highlight Heaven's recaps on YT.

The AAF was a VERY quality league and I enjoyed all of the games (save for maybe 5 of all of them) immensely.

Still hilarious that Luis Perez is still getting opportunities; great arm but he should not be quarterbacking anywhere other than a semi-pro league.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
For those unaware, the XFL has some pretty significant rule differences from NFL football. This article explains them. One thing for sure, you don't want to be committing defensive penalties in overtime.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/xfl-rules-explaining-all-the-rule-differences-between-the-xfl-and-nfl/ar-BBZGMDB?ocid=spartandhp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
"We want crisp, quick, more-action football!"

(creates almost a dozen new rules that either make no sense or people will not adjust to and review policy means that even MORE reviews may take place).

I reiterate what I wrote above, but at least the AAF wasn't a massive departure; this is.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Got my tickets for the DC Defenders first game tomorrow.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 11:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Got my tickets for the DC Defenders first game tomorrow.

Starting at around $20/seat, it should be an entertainment bargain.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 11:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Starting at around $20/seat, it should be an entertainment bargain.

I splurged for good seats. $40 lol.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 11:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I splurged for good seats. $40 lol.

Still, not bad.  Heck, we pay that much for lawn seats a concert venues.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
who do we root for? I will have to pick wildcats, although they're iN LA. did chad make a team as kicker? that is a fine choice to root for otherwise. i'm guessing this league won't have many running plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2020, 11:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I splurged for good seats. $40 lol.

Was that you, in the Silver wig?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was that you, in the Silver wig?

Oh look at Cardale Jones out there! Dropping dimes like he's throwing to Mike Thomas again...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So far it has been a very entertaining game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:47 PM)jason Wrote: Oh look at Cardale Jones out there! Dropping dimes like he's throwing to Mike Thomas again...

That was a well executed double forward pass, as allowed in XFL rules.  Before that drive, Cardale wasn't really looking all that impressive.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So far it has been a very entertaining game.

It beats the shit outta figure skating, golf, and the reruns of Rawhide I suppose...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That was a well executed double forward pass, as allowed in XFL rules.  Before that drive, Cardale wasn't really looking all that impressive.  

I just looked up, and noticed him one play before that. Seattle had the ball when I turned the game on.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:55 PM)jason Wrote: It beats the shit outta figure skating, golf, and the reruns of Rawhide I suppose...

Yep, in general the speed and athleticism of NFL level talent just isn't there.  But, at least it's dudes in helmets and shoulder pads, playing outdoors.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Some Bengalesque tackling by Seattle.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:55 PM)jason Wrote: It beats the shit outta figure skating, golf, and the reruns of Rawhide I suppose...

Vince is still working on a way to combine those 3 things into a new sport.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Yep. I compare it to pizza. Even bad pizza is pretty good sometimes or at least better than none at all.
Reply/Quote