Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XFL Round 2
(02-08-2020, 06:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Vince is still working on a way to combine those 3 things into a new sport.

66% there!   Ninja

[Image: nathalie-fabian-2010-od.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
first head injury in the LA/HOU game. Guy tackled at full force with the crown of his helmet. Was down for about 5-10 seconds, then got up and ran into the backfield (think a guy running to the safety position but he's in the offensive backfield) of the other team and stood there, before he realized he was on the wrong side. Then they pulled him out. I wonder how concussions will play out in a league run by someone who also ran a fake sport.
Reply/Quote
I see Kermit Whitfield playing for LA. Sammy Coats playing for Houston and still can't catch a pass..No wonder the Steelers canned him
Reply/Quote
Watching these games the last two days and yes it's a little bland but watchable. At least it's another option while waiting for baseball and the NFL draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2020, 05:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was that you, in the Silver wig?

No silver wigs, just some hoodies I made at home. A Ravens fan, a Skins fan, and a Bengals fan uniting for some XFL.

[Image: nXDogCX.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's weird that people are mad it's not NFL quality. Soccer has had tiered leagues for years that get plenty of support and following. Hell, FC Cincinnati was in a comparable league for soccer a few years back and people loved it.

The quality overall is pretty decent in terms of play. The AAF had 40+ people in NFL training camps after they folded and I'd guess the XFL will put large number of guys in training camps after their season ends. The only way the quality of players here will go up though is time and support. I think specifically late round QB's will migrate toward the XFL over bouncing around NFL teams and getting washed out after never getting a shot, mainly because the QB pay in the XFL isn't bad.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed the highlights and watched the second half of the HOU/STL game.

Glad to see Jonathan Hayes get a big-time (relatively speaking) gig.

2 of the 4 games were NOT high quality, but 2 absolutely were.

After watching 2 games highlights twice, one game's once, then the entire 2nd half of the above game, I still prefer the AAF, probably due to commentating and presentation; the commentators in the above game were horrific and Pat McAfee is an absolute loser-goon. I get that he's popular, but he's just not good at his craft, I feel.

As for players, I'm happy to see:

- Shawn Oakman (still holding out hope he gets a shot in the NFL and if with the Bengals, even better!)
- Kermit
- Will Clarke (didn't play last night, sadly)
- Cardale (looked like the best QB in the league)
- Rashad Ross (made me a believer in the AAF)
- Reece Horn
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 04:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I enjoyed the highlights and watched the second half of the HOU/STL game.

Glad to see Jonathan Hayes get a big-time (relatively speaking) gig.

2 of the 4 games were NOT high quality, but 2 absolutely were.

After watching 2 games highlights twice, one game's once, then the entire 2nd half of the above game, I still prefer the AAF, probably due to commentating and presentation; the commentators in the above game were horrific and Pat McAfee is an absolute loser-goon. I get that he's popular, but he's just not good at his craft, I feel.

As for players, I'm happy to see:

- Shawn Oakman (still holding out hope he gets a shot in the NFL and if with the Bengals, even better!)
- Kermit
- Will Clarke (didn't play last night, sadly)
- Cardale (looked like the best QB in the league)
- Rashad Ross (made me a believer in the AAF)
- Reece Horn

Other former Bengals I noticed were in the XFL:

Sam Montgomery
Derron Smith
Kirk Barron

I'm sure there's some others I missed. Honestly, I was surprised that I even remembered the name "Kirk Barron" as being a former Bengal. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 12:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Other former Bengals I noticed were in the XFL:

Sam Montgomery
Derron Smith
Kirk Barron

I'm sure there's some others I missed. Honestly, I was surprised that I even remembered the name "Kirk Barron" as being a former Bengal. Lol

The right-honourable, "C. Kirk Barron" LOL

Yes, Montgomery has been kicking around for a while thus he obviously has something left in the tank.

Hayes brought a bunch of Bengals in, that he crossed paths with (Darius Hillary, Kent Perkins, Alonzo Russell, Clarke) so for former Bengals to root for, there are quite a few Big Grin
Reply/Quote
The Houston Roughnecks are my pick to win it all. June Jones run that 5 wide spread air raid offense that isn't highly dependent on a great offensive line and it will challenge defenses defensive back depth.

St. Louis BattleHawks probably have the best defense. They were flying everywhere creating pressure, stuffing the run, forcing the ball out. They were playing alot of cover 1 S Kenny Robinson (Most important player in the XFL.) playing centerfield allowing Will Hill to roam underneath.

Roughnecks vs Battlehawks week 2 in Houston should be a good game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Former Bengals PS RB Quinton Flowers Will get his shot at starting QB this week, due to an ankle injury to the QB1 Aaron Murray.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 01:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Former Bengals PS RB Quinton Flowers Will get his shot at starting QB this week, due to an ankle injury to the QB1 Aaron Murray.

Murray played even worse than he did at any time in the AAF.

It'd be a good story for Flowers to make a name of himself in that league and his arm will be nice and fresh, since we never used him at QB in the past 2 PSs.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Murray played even worse than he did at any time in the AAF.

It'd be a good story for Flowers to make a name of himself in that league and his arm will be nice and fresh, since we never used him at QB in the past 2 PSs.

I wonder what Sean Payton could have schemed for a player like a Flowers.
Reply/Quote
DC Defenders looking stout for the second week in a row.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's weird that people are mad it's not NFL quality. Soccer has had tiered leagues for years that get plenty of support and following. Hell, FC Cincinnati was in a comparable league for soccer a few years back and people loved it.

The quality overall is pretty decent in terms of play. The AAF had 40+ people in NFL training camps after they folded and I'd guess the XFL will put  large number of guys in training camps after their season ends. The only way the quality of players here will go up though is time and support. I think specifically late round QB's will migrate toward the XFL over bouncing around NFL teams and getting washed out after never getting a shot, mainly because the QB pay in the XFL isn't bad.

+ Every team is an expansion team so after a couple of years the play will get Better
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of the kickoff rules specifically because alot of these guys if they do make an NFL game day roster Special Teams will be the biggest reason why...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
BattleHawks got ripped off by the refs on a no call.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 06:35 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm not a fan of the kickoff rules specifically because alot of these guys if they do make an NFL game day roster Special Teams will be the biggest reason why...

I think it's more likely than not the NFL steals the XFL kick off. I saw one stat the other day that said NFL teams only return 26% of kick offs but XFL teams return 91%. The NFL moved the extra point back because it was essentially a non play, I can see them going to this kick off variant to give the kick off purpose as well as limit the impact of the collisions when they do actually return the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 09:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's more likely than not the NFL steals the XFL kick off. I saw one stat the other day that said NFL teams only return 26% of kick offs but XFL teams return 91%. The NFL moved the extra point back because it was essentially a non play, I can see them going to this kick off variant to give the kick off purpose as well as limit the impact of the collisions when they do actually return the ball. 

I'm in one of the overwhelming minorities, that does not like the kickoff.

Only going to return 26% of the time? Good. Keep it that way lol
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 02:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm in one of the overwhelming minorities, that does not like the kickoff.

Only going to return 26% of the time? Good. Keep it that way lol

It's a dead play, but when it does occur it is still the most dangerous play in football. The NFL has been trying to slowly kill it for years and the general thinking is if they don't come up with a substitute they will just kill it off and have them start on the 30 after each drive. They experimented a bit with this in the pro bowl.
Reply/Quote