Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XSF
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
For this team, I would take another guy that is better at pass-blocking than run blocking...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:41 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: For this team, I would take another guy that is better at pass-blocking than run blocking...

Yes - But, I think at some point we need guys that can do both.
Reply/Quote
He is who we thought he was.
Serviceable depth guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - But, I think at some point we need guys that can do both.

Yep. We have a franchise QB coming off an injury that needs to be protected.

We also have a big money RB that needs to be utilized.

Reply/Quote
When he came in I thought "That's a huge man," ..... then I saw him standing next to Spain last night.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 04:41 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: For this team, I would take another guy that is better at pass-blocking than run blocking...

That will only encourage Zac to chuck it even more than he already does.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That will only encourage Zac to chuck it even more than he already does.

Taylor's offense is a pass-oriented offense. It's naturally going to be more pass-heavy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor's offense is a pass-oriented offense. It's naturally going to be more pass-heavy.

As is more and more teams today, Steelers last in league in rushing and closing in on a 13-3 season
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As is more and more teams today, Steelers last in league in rushing and closing in on a 13-3 season

You still need balance. Look at all the other teams at the bottom in rushing (all less than 100 yds/game)

Texans
Lions
Falcons
Bucs
Jags

So basically you better have the GOAT at QB, or an absolutely dominant defense like the Steelers. Otherwise you’re probably a really bad team if you can’t run the ball.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, they're paying him almost nothing. His contract was ini e with a spot starter or quality backup, and that's what he's been.
Reply/Quote
3 out of the Bengals 5 wins(past two seasons) have come when the Bengals have rushed for at least 150 yards on offense. So yes having a guard that can run block would be very beneficial for this team as well as Burrow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:34 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As is more and more teams today, Steelers last in league in rushing and closing in on a 13-3 season

They have a poor offense thought. In yards per a play their 26th with 5.1.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
PFF grades or not, we have been able to run the ball better since he and Spain have been playing the G spots.
Reply/Quote
I Believe XSF was highest rated OL against Houston according to PFF.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor's offense is a pass-oriented offense. It's naturally going to be more pass-heavy.

While I agree that this is what Taylors offense is. I do think he needs to balance it out more to keep the defense honest. He ran the ball 31 or 32 times yesterday and it freed up Allen to throw for almost 400. Can never become to one dementional at anything and still succeed. 
Reply/Quote
Took my time to watch this Thuney dude everyone is pinning for. meh....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If you watch the Steeler game again, after Alexander gets pushed late out of bounds after his INT, XSF and about 10 Bengals go after the lineman who pushed him late. All of them had their helmet on except XSF. The Steeler pushes back, XSF kind of goes "Oh, alright" calmly puts his helmet on and then tries to go after the Steeler OLineman.

I don't know why but I liked that.

He hasn't made the bonehead penalty and I don't remember seeing him getting blown up by anybody yet. For Cincinnati, that's territory we haven't seen in awhile. 3 stars. Would watch again.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You still need balance. Look at all the other teams at the bottom in rushing (all less than 100 yds/game)

Texans
Lions
Falcons
Bucs
Jags

So basically you better have the GOAT at QB, or an absolutely dominant defense like the Steelers. Otherwise you’re probably a really bad team if you can’t run the ball.

But bad teams run the ball less because they are behind more.

To be a good NFL offense a team has to be able to convert short yardage situations with the run game.  But they don't have to have a lot of yardage.
Reply/Quote
This team doesn't get a lot of push off the LOS when running the ball, and that affects their ability to gain yards.
They keep getting guys who are either good at run blocking or pass blocking, not good at both.
And naturally, given they are behind and have a new franchise QB, they are (now) prioritizing pass blocking over run blocking. That's why you see Hopkins over Price and XSF and Spain over Jordan and Redmond.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote