Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XSF
(12-29-2020, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But bad teams run the ball less because they are behind more.

Eh, there’s a lot of close losses that don’t require abandoning the run any given week. The second worst rushing team (Texans) have 7 losses by one score.

There’s really no arguing (ofc you would try) that you generally need balance to have sustained success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 12:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s really no arguing (ofc you would try) that you generally need balance to have sustained success.

Actually there is an argument if you believe in actual facts instead of just deciding whatever you believe is true.

KC.....14-1....15th in rushing
Pitt....12-3....32nd
Buff...12-3....19th
Tam...10-5...28th
Mia....10-5....22nd
Ind....10-5....16th

Now there are obviously some very good teams who run the ball very well.  But that does not mean you have to have a good run game to be a good football team.

Like I said before, I think it is crucial for a team to have the ability to run the ball effectively in short yardage and goal line situations, but they do not have to have a lot of total rushing yards.  The "short passing game" is the new "run game".
Reply/Quote
XSF is better than MJ that is all I can say and would rather have him around for depth.

Bring back Spain, XSF and bring in a couple proven vets for the O-line and we might be okay next year.
Reply/Quote